Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126972 times)

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5430 on: December 03, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
Nah, Lanktry has to be an incarnate @$$hole, skinny and possessed of a barely concealed disdain. 

To me that screams Hugh Laurie:

I can certainly see the disdain.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »
I stand corrected, and bow to the Idea I should have had... To be honest, I threw it in to make a third choice... But I still hold to Micheal or Morgan... I think liam would do Justice to both roles
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: December 03, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »
Liam Neeson would work great for Michael, but morgan needs to be a little more irrationally bitter, nearly (and literally) frothing at the mouth now and then.  Jim's comment of Clancy Brown works great for me, though I could see Denis Leary or a few others pulling it off as well. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline chameequa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: December 03, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
Harry? Lee Pace or Joe Flanigan for looks, no question... though Nathan Fillion's personality is PERFECT, lol. 

I can't NOT think of Krista Allen whenever Lara Wraith is on the page...yowza... and someone else mentioned Brad Pitt for Thomas...but of course! Though Matt Bomer would work too.

Neal McDonough is stuck in my head as Morgan, even though he doesn't quite match the description...sometimes my brain refuses to agree with what's on the page, haha.

Karrin - I have a sort of miniature Jennifer Esposito with blue eyes in my head when I picture Murphy. 

Eva Mendes was my Susan...

and Sigourney Weaver (a'la Ghostbusters, all possessed) is my Leaninsidhe!

Joe Mangianello would be a great Michael. sigh.

Amber Tamblyn with blond hair is how I imagine Molly (again, I KNOW, not really a fit, based on the description, but the heart wants what it wants, lol)

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
Harry? Lee Pace or Joe Flanigan for looks, no question... though Nathan Fillion's personality is PERFECT, lol. 

I can't NOT think of Krista Allen whenever Lara Wraith is on the page...yowza... and someone else mentioned Brad Pitt for Thomas...but of course! Though Matt Bomer would work too.

Neal McDonough is stuck in my head as Morgan, even though he doesn't quite match the description...sometimes my brain refuses to agree with what's on the page, haha.

Karrin - I have a sort of miniature Jennifer Esposito with blue eyes in my head when I picture Murphy. 

Eva Mendes was my Susan...

and Sigourney Weaver (a'la Ghostbusters, all possessed) is my Leaninsidhe!

Joe Mangianello would be a great Michael. sigh.

Amber Tamblyn with blond hair is how I imagine Molly (again, I KNOW, not really a fit, based on the description, but the heart wants what it wants, lol)

I'd peg Neil McDonough as Michael, actually.  I can see him doing the soft-spoken, righteous warrior bit, but he'd have to seriously bulk up, which might be a deal breaker.

I always see Michael as being a big guy.  Tall, fair skinned with big muscles... Of course, he does wear a suit of half-plate, and that would make him look bigger.

I don't seriously see Sigourney a s Lea.  Lea is fair-skinned with flaming-red hair.  I can't hear her as Lea either.

When I think of Molly, I see Ferusa Balk in The Craft -- without a lot of the attitude, though she came awfully close in GS...  But the look is almost perfect.  That said, The Craft was made a long time ago, and there's no way Ferusa could do molly now...
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Harry Anderson Talks Geek

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: December 04, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
Personally, I like Charles Dance for Langtry.

Also, what about Javier Bardem as Duke Ortega?
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: December 04, 2012, 04:27:16 AM »

Never heard of Charles Dance, though I'm going to guess that he played Monte in The Golden Child...

what about Gary Oldman for Ortega?  He plays such a good bad guy... he might make a better Nicodemus.
Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Rule #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.  Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the back of the head.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:43 AM »
I would be ok with Gary Oldman as Nic. If I didn't like Jeffery Donovan for it so much.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:16 AM »

Awesome choice. And if we want to go all Game of Thrones on this, then we could always get Kit Harrington for Harry, Iain Glen for Morgan, Nickolaj Waldau for Thomas, Lena Heady for Lara, Ron Donachie for Mac, and Emilia Clarke for Molly.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: December 04, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
I would be ok with Gary Oldman as Nic. If I didn't like Jeffery Donovan for it so much.

I don't see it.  I'll have to stick with Gary Oldman; I love how he plays a villain.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: December 04, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
Bardem seems just too old for what a nigh immortal conquistador would chose to look like, though he fits the personality well enough. 

Quote from: Death Masks
"He was of average height and slightly heavy build, with broad shoulders and a deep chest. He was dark-complected, his black hair neatly brushed, his grey-and-silver suit stylish and tasteful.

Id go with Edward James Olmos

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: December 04, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
This is one of my all time favorite threads.  It makes me smile every time I see a new post and we have a new actor to type cast and chew over in Dresden's world.

*tilts head*  In my head I can just imagine Bob chortling over our choices...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:59:09 PM by DeaSis »

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
Bardem seems just too old for what a nigh immortal conquistador would chose to look like, though he fits the personality well enough. 

Id go with Edward James Olmos

I agree, at least Ortega has to be spanish in apearance... Olmos is Good, Or Antonio Banderas
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: December 04, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »
I demand that I be cast as the voice of bob and Duckie be cast as the voice of Mab.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline MagusLucius

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: December 04, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
A short list for Sanya: (in order of preference, but I'm willing to consider additions.)

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Aldis Hodge
Don Cheadle
Jamie Foxx
Cuba Gooding Jr.  -- truthfully, I'm not really seeing this one.

And Shiro;  I would say Mako, if he weren't dead -- which leaves me with only one real option: Ken Watanabe (Though I don't know if he's old enough, and Shiro was supposed to be rather short.)