Linked Events

• Jim at Dragon*Con: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010  (Read 83340 times)

Offline Beth04

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
I found a great site that talks about how to get a cheap hotel.  I ended up at the Westin for $69 a night.  The longer you stay, the cheaper it is.

http://xiandesi.livejournal.com/

Offline Nylan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 03:39:02 AM »
I have been waiting for years to see Jim at D*Con, and hearing the news that he will be there this year is just...amazing. It is definitely one of the best reasons I have for going this year.

As for people doing costumes, I have a couple of pictures from last year where I found a really good Dresden and Murphy in the MARTA system waiting on a train. I think they are on my facebook account...I think.

If no one has already made a suggestion, how would some of you guys like to meet up at the con this year? And if you have made the suggestion, I would be happy to join up   :)   

Offline traycon3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
Oh! I think I saw them! ;D

I have a pic of them, but I think my mom already scrap-booked them...>.>

But, yes, they were AWESOME! I loved Bob hanging from the net, lol.

Oooh, that's a good question about meeting up...Hm...No freaking clue. But, if you do see a GIR unit walking around, there's a very good chance that that's me. Assuming I can make the costume. *Crosses fingers*

But, yeah, someone give me a heads up if there is gonna be somethin' like that! :)

-t3
I am not an addict. I can quit anytime I want. *Tosses Dresden Files across the room*

*Runs over and scoops it up* I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

Offline Thrasher

• Conversationalist
  • For Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
I've been to Dragon Con 1 or all days for 8 or 9 of the last 10 years. FYI to anyone new. It's grown each year. Last year it topped out at about 75k people. It is one of the few cons I've ever seen that is a true 24 hour con. There is stuff going on at all times. Every night there are parties. I personally drink more at D*C than should be humanly possible or safe. For those who like costuming and might be looking for a group, I recommend http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85. I was personally on the edge about D*C this year. Last year I spent way more than I should have. I drank more than I could handle. And I really didn't do much of anything Dragon Con related. But hearing that Jim will be there is going to get me there.

And to the girl that said she plans on going as Lara. If you have the body for it, please make sure to find me! ;)
Well there's a light in your eye that keeps shining, like a star that can't wait for the night.

Aine

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »
I've been to Dragon Con 1 or all days for 8 or 9 of the last 10 years. FYI to anyone new. It's grown each year. Last year it topped out at about 75k people. It is one of the few cons I've ever seen that is a true 24 hour con. There is stuff going on at all times. Every night there are parties. I personally drink more at D*C than should be humanly possible or safe. For those who like costuming and might be looking for a group, I recommend http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85. I was personally on the edge about D*C this year. Last year I spent way more than I should have. I drank more than I could handle. And I really didn't do much of anything Dragon Con related. But hearing that Jim will be there is going to get me there.

And to the girl that said she plans on going as Lara. If you have the body for it, please make sure to find me! ;)

:P  I'm working on it.  Sadly, no longer a girl.   I think with Lara being over 200 years old, I am going for an "ageless" quality.  Yeah.  ;)

I keep waiting and watching for the "Dark Fantasy" or "Costuming" tracks to have an actual email.  Since both Jim and James Marsters are going to be there, it would be cool to have a DF costume contest with them as judges.  At least, I think so and I'd like to suggest it...I talked to Shannon for a bit after KC and that was her idea, too.  (Emailing the track person and suggesting it.)

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »
Should be fun. The friend I'm going with got her yellow card in the mail yesterday, so we're both all paid in full and ready to go.  :)
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Darth KTrava

• Conversationalist
  • Harry Dresden vs. Harry Potter Who would win?
    • View Profile
    • Stellarcon 31
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
I will be there.

Question: is Jim going to be signing in the Autographs room? I know the last year he was there, there were MANY people who came there asking about his signing(s). So that would be more noticeable for him if he did at least one signing there instead of just at the Buzzy Multimedia dealer table.

Edit: I'm glad that Shannon is a guest this year! She deserves it!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:18:13 PM by Darth KTrava »

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »
Wow....DragonCon is looking insanely huge.  :o I've never been before.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Darth KTrava

• Conversationalist
  • Harry Dresden vs. Harry Potter Who would win?
    • View Profile
    • Stellarcon 31
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:56 AM »
Wow....DragonCon is looking insanely huge.  :o I've never been before.

Be prepared to be overwhelmed. And be prepared to stand in lines.  ;)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »
Be prepared to be overwhelmed. And be prepared to stand in lines.  ;)

Aaaaarrrrgggh. Maybe we should just go to Disneyworld instead. Then we could bring the kids.  :(
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2010, 01:10:50 AM »
You would still have to deal with the lines ;)
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 02:36:04 AM »
You would still have to deal with the lines ;)

Bleh.  :) OK...if it's too overwhelming, we can just tour Atlanta then. I've never been there. And hey, it's time off without the kiddie-winks, so if nothing else, we can just sleep in. Ahhhh, how my standards have changed!

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 05:09:36 AM »
I'm planning on running a couple of games of the new Dresden Files RPG and I may be on a game design panel and it could be discussed.  I'm a playtester only but I don' think any Evil Hat guys will be getting there.  If your going to be there and you have an interest in any of this let me know.

Two of my friends will also be running Dresden Files games at DragonCon this year, so it looks like there will be plenty of opportunities to play the game.  If Jim himself could play in any one of them, it would be more WIN than a magical pony made of cupcakes covered in awesome, but four hours is a lot of time for a busy guy like him to spend on play.  OTOH, one can always hope. :)
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Aine

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 05:18:08 AM »
The great news is that some of us who are going are learning how to play in the chat right now and so we'll actually know what we're doing by the time we get there! 

Looks like you'll have plenty of people to join in. :) :D

Offline Holocron.Coder

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
I'll be at Dragon*Con with my friends again this year. We're all crazy Dresden fans ;D May look into finding one of the mentioned running Dresden RPGs if anyone will have us.

Sadly, I won't be identifiable among the masses of geeks. Cargos and geek-shirt don't stand out so much as they do in other parts of Atlanta ::)

EDIT: Didn't see this answered yet, but... What exactly is Mr. Butcher doing at Dragon*Con? Book signing? Gaming? Panel of some sort? Lurking in the crowds?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:19:06 PM by Holocron.Coder »
DV HolocronCoder v1.2 YR3 FR1.5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH+ WG+++ CL+ BC+ MC+++++ SH[Murph++ Molly+ Thomas---]