Linked Events

• Jim at Dragon*Con: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010  (Read 83331 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
So there might still be more appearances? Something in Raleigh (or anything in the Triangle) would be awesome.

I wrote that January 25th.  I received and posted the full 2010 schedule on February 1st.  Sorry, but the list is complete.

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »
I wrote that January 25th.  I received and posted the full 2010 schedule on February 1st.  Sorry, but the list is complete.

Ahh well. I reserved a room at DragonCon. Hopefully GM and GF will babysit for us.  :) DragonCon just look soooo darn big. Would rather go somewhere smaller, but oh well! At least we'll get to see Brandon Sanderson too, and some star trek actors, and Spike, yay!
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Bertley

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »
Hell yeah...Jim At dragon con...i am definetely going to be there.
Oh yeah
And Spike James Mathers...who does the voice for all the Audio Books.....i think i will just wait in line for Jim instead.

Aine

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:34 AM »
I am thinking we need to have a contest. Something with the prize being a Jim signing in the winners town.... open only to places that haven't had a signing or aren't scheduled for one.
The Northeasters can have it out with the Floridians and CA types... the Europeans are on their own  ::)

Something he can judge at the Con..... hmmmmm *ponders*

It's too bad no one ever dresses up at Dragon*Con, or else Jim could judge a costume contest.

>.>

<.<

Offline Kodiakc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
mmmm Dragon Con is a definite-couldbe-maybe for me

:D
"My Faith Protects Me, My Kevlar, Helps"

Offline Piraterogue

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »
It's too bad no one ever dresses up at Dragon*Con, or else Jim could judge a costume contest.

>.>

<.<

If someone contacted the Dark Fantasy track ( http://www.dragoncon.org/fan_tracks.php#X ) they might try and set such a thing up.  I don't know the track director, but that is the track that The Dresden files is covered by.

Aine

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 03:47:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, PR!

The Dark Fantasy track doesn't have contact info for it yet, but I'll keep an eye out for an update. 

Aine

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:18 AM »
Bought memberships today!  Yay!

FYI-prices go up on Monday. 

http://www.dragoncon.org/members.php#DC_Memb

Offline Ui_Niall

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 04:16:05 PM »
I'm a librarian in Georgia and I have just recently discovered the Dresden Files books. I happily admit to being HOOKED on these books now...they're fantastic! I originally was not planning on attending DragonCon this year, but after discovering that Jim Butcher will be there, I immediately changed my mind and reserved a room. I'll stand in line for however long it takes to meet him and get a book autographed. Heck, I may even attempt to dress up as Harry Dresden...
My library only has the last 3 of the Dresden Files books, but I am quickly taking care of that horrible error!  ;)

James the Librarian
Georgia

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 02:08:50 AM »
Thanks to Facebook, I've been able to get back together with some of the members of my old writers group. We're all OLD old writers, now, but a few people expressed an interest in Dragon Con, so we may see if we can put together a group road trip and split expenses.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 07:26:29 AM »
Thanks to Facebook, I've been able to get back together with some of the members of my old writers group. We're all OLD old writers, now, but a few people expressed an interest in Dragon Con, so we may see if we can put together a group road trip and split expenses.
How wonderful!  I hope you all have a blast!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »
I'm planning on running a couple of games of the new Dresden Files RPG and I may be on a game design panel and it could be discussed.  I'm a playtester only but I don' think any Evil Hat guys will be getting there.  If your going to be there and you have an interest in any of this let me know.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Aine

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
I'm planning on running a couple of games of the new Dresden Files RPG and I may be on a game design panel and it could be discussed.  I'm a playtester only but I don' think any Evil Hat guys will be getting there.  If your going to be there and you have an interest in any of this let me know.

SAS, would you be interested in interest from a complete RPG noob who has never played any sort of RPG before?  ;)

*edited to fix subject/verb agreement.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:55:17 PM by Áine »

Offline beardOsaurus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »

Oh, I'm going to be there, and I'm definitely interested in playing a Dresden Files RPG game.

(What would be the chances of getting Jim, himself, in on this? :p )

Offline Mousekabob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 12:14:55 AM »
Doin the happy dance, happy dance, happy dance.  Gotta get Jim to sign the charity quilt.