Linked Events

• Jim at Fayette Library: March 04, 2010

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon in Fayette, MO, March 4, 2010  (Read 20240 times)

Offline Uriel_spook

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon in Fayette, MO, March 4, 2010
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 12:59:12 AM »
thanks for the post!  some nice nuggets of info  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:17:46 AM by Uriel_spook »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 02:32:17 AM »
"I'll write a chapter, and then I'll think to myself, 'How can I make the beta readers scream at the end of this chapter?'"

We love you, too, Jim. XD

Thanks, Yellow!

That certainly explains a LOT.

*edit* Okay, just tried to watch the video. I got about halfway through before I had to give up. By the way, this is NOT a criticism of you or your camera, Yellow - I have a weird little hearing loss in which my sensitivity to the sound is not low (in fact, I'm MORE sensitive than most people; some high-pitched noises are SCREAMINGLY OMFGTHATBLOWS in my ears), but I simply can't discern what people are saying if it's recorded or otherwise electronically manipulated. This was so close to comprehensibility for me that it was MORE maddening as a result.

About the only thing I made out completely was something about writing things to torture the betas made good books. The bastich. :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:44:31 AM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline yeLLow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:38 AM »
I know the compression on the video on the website made it hard to understand, but, if you have the time to wait, you can always download the wmv file and you might be able to understand it better. I guess I can always try to add subtitles to it (although most of those would probably just be the answers and not too many of the questions).

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 05:36:55 AM »
It was nice to meet you, meg_evonne.  I took quite a few pictures while I was there and will try to get them posted up by the end of the week. It was a really good meeting.  Jim was hilarious and very nice to to talk to. He and Shannon both seemed to be very nice, down-to-earth people. 

Keep shooting those EVILBLACKRIFLES, Jim!
and your wife was the coolest, sweetest thing ever!  When Jim had to ask her two or three times what her name was for signing the book and then she got all shy and covered her mouth. It was so sweet. Gives her a hug from me again!   AND it was so fantastic that she also had Shannon's book to get signed!

Oh and I remembered a couple other things Jim said.  He's working on a short story from Murphy's POV that follows Changes.  So what the heck betas DID Jim do to Murphy that he needs to tidy up with a short story?  LOL   AND he said that he might do some short stories about Harry in high school, reminiscent of Sunnydale.    Now that would be a blast!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:41:04 AM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess