Linked Events

• Jim at Fayette Library: March 04, 2010

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon in Fayette, MO, March 4, 2010  (Read 20237 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon in Fayette, MO, March 4, 2010
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 03:01:36 AM »
The 1867 Manhattan, Kansas, earthquake was a 5.1 and was the largest to originate in Kansas, but the largest continental-48 earthquake was in 1812 and was estimated at around an 8 - New Madrid, MO. Hmm.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline yeLLow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 03:18:42 AM »
Didn't get a lot of pics, but that's because I wanted to record some of the Q&A. But here are the pics I do have:

1.] Jim with Bob the Skull

2.] Jim talking to my son

3.] Jim reading from Changes

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 04:23:56 AM »
3.] Jim reading from Changes

Um... heh. Was I the only one who saw this one and thought, "PREACH IT, brother Jim!"? :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 04:38:07 AM »
The 1867 Manhattan, Kansas, earthquake was a 5.1 and was the largest to originate in Kansas, but the largest continental-48 earthquake was in 1812 and was estimated at around an 8 - New Madrid, MO. Hmm.

THat's the quake where the Mississippi River ran backwards for a while.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 05:40:01 AM »
oops my bad on the earthquake....so what else happened in 1867?  :-)

First 2 chapters?! Sonofa..... >< >< >< >< >< I knew I shoulda took off work and gone dagnabbit. >< Argh!
  It was cool, but they'll be posted right?  I think the first is up at least.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:43:26 AM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 06:14:23 AM »
Yeah, but I'm impatient for all things Dresden, waiting for Tues feels like agony...
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline BigHobbit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »
Hi. I'm new to the board, but I was lucky enough to meet Jim in Fayette. Judging from their replies, I met several people on this board as well. I was right behind yeLLow and her family (I played with her little boy's train) and I believe I was next to meg_evonne in the signing line. I got Storm Watch and two party decoration skulls signed (one for me and one for my friend). Glad I thought it might be a byob (bring your own Bob) moment!

Offline yeLLow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:54 AM »
I was right behind yeLLow and her family (I played with her little boy's train)
Yep, that was me, and just for informational purposes my husband is jonsjava on the boards.
I wish we could have stayed longer, but it had been a long week and we headed home right afterwards.

Offline BigHobbit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 02:28:25 AM »
Yeah, I figured you'd want to get on the road. Glad to have met all of you!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 04:12:58 AM »
Hi. I'm new to the board, but I was lucky enough to meet Jim in Fayette. Judging from their replies, I met several people on this board as well. I was right behind yeLLow and her family (I played with her little boy's train) and I believe I was next to meg_evonne in the signing line. I got Storm Watch and two party decoration skulls signed (one for me and one for my friend). Glad I thought it might be a byob (bring your own Bob) moment!
HEY welcome! Yes you were and I hope your wife wasn't too disappointed that she had to work that night.  Columbia right?  Gives her hug from me.  Loved your Bob skulls. Stop lurking and do some posting BH
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline BigHobbit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:18 AM »
She was just happy I got to meet him. Who knows, maybe we'll both get to see him someday. There's always next book release! :D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
Or maybe she'll head to that Chicago Con in Aug that you go to...sometime when we convince JB to attend?  I'd head out for sure!  LOL

Offline Milks

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »
It was nice to meet you, meg_evonne.  I took quite a few pictures while I was there and will try to get them posted up by the end of the week. It was a really good meeting.  Jim was hilarious and very nice to to talk to. He and Shannon both seemed to be very nice, down-to-earth people. 

Keep shooting those EVILBLACKRIFLES, Jim!

Offline yeLLow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
For those that are interested, I got to record the first 13 minutes of the Q & A session in Fayette. Its a large file, but its as high of a quality that I could have gotten from my little camera.

You can watch it here: http://zyxyellowxyz.com/index.php?post=bfc74e404df4e6caa9ac715d2bce6679

Or you can download it from (its a total of 669MB) here: http://zyxyellowxyz.com/JBFayetteMo03042010.wmv

I would have loved to just have recorded him reading the first 2 chapters from Changes, but my batteries didn't have enough of a charge left (and I didn't bring anymore with me) to record it, so a picture and a memory will have to do.

I apologize about the weirdness of the angle(s), the ocasional tipping of the camera, and the fact that I didn't get more. Oh well. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »
"I'll write a chapter, and then I'll think to myself, 'How can I make the beta readers scream at the end of this chapter?'"

We love you, too, Jim. XD

Thanks, Yellow!