Linked Events

• TC signing in Chicago, IL: April 06, 2009

Author Topic: April 6/7, 2009: TC signing in Chicago, IL  (Read 27836 times)

Offline corran horn

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: April 6/7, 2009: TC signing in Chicago, IL
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »
I was 'Mac' that night.

Thank you! 

I decided to go with who I looked like based on the descriptions in the books, instead of who I want to be. 

Has anyone put up pictures or video online yet?

I should thank you because I overheard you mentioning Jim would be at Duckon this year which saved me from having to stay up until 2am to get things personalized.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »
I made it as well!  The signing was great - my first time seeing Jim in person.  And it was fun interacting with other Dresden fans in person as well!  I'm looking forward to the signing in Lexington next week.

One of my friends and I drove up to Chicago on Sunday.  We spent Sunday afternoon & evening, all day Monday, and part of Tuesday driving around the area to get pix of the many places mentioned in the books.  I believe our count is 32 locations - including Hotel Sax mentioned in Turn Coat; between us we have about 400 pix.  When I have time, I'll post the details of where we went, along with a link to the pix.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »
(((((((((((((BL)))))))))))

Bout time you made your appearance in here, Young Lady! I've been waiting to hear from you to make sure you didn't get eaten in Undertown!!!

Glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pix!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline harkker

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »
I was there as well.  I guess the most surprising thing was how cool Mr. Butcher actually was.  I mean to think he spent that long signing everything, with no sign of being tired.   He was a consummate Gentlemen through out and did not have a touch of "superiority" at all. A really laid back good guy and it was a really fun time....

Thanks Mr. Butcher a fine show!   

McAnally you won hands down!

Offline Kassandra Trask

• Conversationalist
  • I am my Evil Twin.
    • View Profile
    • Arkadian Moon
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 05:34:27 PM »
Hey, all of you who made it to Chicago.. you sound like you all had so much fun!  Glad you were able to get there and get your books!  Really excited to see Book Lover's pics of where I grew up and what you found while you were there!  I am waiting for my book to arrive via post-awful... today, tomorrow..  wha wha wha!  Meanwhile, I remain jealous cause I can't afford to have a life right now..but that is totally changing even as I type this!

Can't wait to disucss Turn Coat w/ you all.
Later,
_Kassy

:D
-Kassandra Trask
I'd tell you, but you won't believe me.

Offline Stormbringer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 12:37:40 AM »
I went as well and would have posted if I hadn't spent darn near ever free second of the last 24 or so hours reading Turn Coat.

It was a pretty cool event.   The Q & A was interesting and Jim, as other have mentioned, made it very entertaining.  I'm glad I made it out for that alone.

I got my copy of Turn Coat, obviously, and got it and a couple of the other books signed.  I was near the back of the line, so it was late, but Jim kept signing until every got their chance.   Given how many people there were, and how many brought tons of books and other items, that must have been a long slog.

I don't know if he's reading this but if he his:  thanks, it was a great evening.   I hope it happens again for the next book. 

I went last night as well.  Am I wrong, or had Jim never mentioned the titles of the Capstone trilogy yet?

The titles are..."Hell's Bells", "Stars and Stones", and "Empty Night", as announced by Jim last night.

I know he's mentioned them before, here I believe.   But some of the other tidbits he mentioned definitely seem new. 

Offline hkjakkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
What is the Capstone Trilogy?

".....  Capstone trilogy yet?

The titles are..."Hell's Bells", "Stars and Stones", and "Empty Night", as announced by Jim last night....."?

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »
The trilogy is the ending to the series.  Jim has said he's going to write a total of 20 or so "case books" and then an "Apocolyptic Trilogy" to end the series.

Offline McAnally

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »

McAnally you won hands down!

Thank you.  Since McAnally is such a quiet character I was worried it would be missed or overlooked.

I think that the man who dressed as 'Gentleman' John Marcone was underrated.  Since he only introduced himself as "John".  After Jim had the costume contest participants get in line after the first group of wrist tags I had the chance to talk to him.  He played the character quite well while in line.

The Pizza Spress delivery girl was a great idea.

The funny part for me since I am fairly tall was looking straight over the heads of so many of the 'Harry Dresdens'

Offline PizzaGirl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
Hello Everyone, first time posting here.  I logged in because I found out from a friend that people had mentioned me.  I was the Pizza 'Spress girl at this event.  I can't tell you how surprised I was that so many people liked my outfit!

McAnally, I have the photo the Borders' woman took of the three of us after we won, would you like me to post it here/e-mail it to you?  I agree, John was underrated.  He needed his entourage. 

This was my first time at a Butcher event and it was a lot of fun, I was glad to meet all the other fans, everyone was really friendly.  Haven't cracked open my copy yet (it's killing me!) as this whole week has been busy preparing to host my Mom's family for Easter, but as soon as those people leave, I'm celebrating the death and Resurrection of the Lord with a little magic and mayhem.   ;)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
Awesome!

Nice to meetcha, Pizza Girl. Head on over to the Introduction Thread if you like. There's baked goods and beverages waiting and bunches of insane Butcherites waiting to welcome you!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 06:24:53 PM »
Hey Pizza girl - I was the taller of the Order of the Large Cooking Pot.  Welcome to the board!

I don't think I talked to any of you others who were at the signing, but hello to you as well.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »
Have any photos been posted yet?  I can't wait to see these costumes!

Offline McAnally

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
Hello Everyone, first time posting here.  I logged in because I found out from a friend that people had mentioned me.  I was the Pizza 'Spress girl at this event.  I can't tell you how surprised I was that so many people liked my outfit!

McAnally, I have the photo the Borders' woman took of the three of us after we won, would you like me to post it here/e-mail it to you?  I agree, John was underrated.  He needed his entourage. 

PizzaGirl,  I liked your costume because it was different and a part of the story but one anyone could do but you thought of it and put it together and it is an inside joke to the Dresden readers.  If someone saw you who did not know the story they would only think "Pizza 'Spress.  I haven't heard of that restaurant.  I wonder if it is any good."

RE: Picture.  Please post it if you can or email it to me.

Thanks.

Offline IJustfinished.com

• Lurker
  • Booklover from Ijustfinished.com
    • View Profile
    • Ijustfinished.com...the conversation of books.
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »
Just wanted to share the video of the costume contest, so you can all see Mac in his glory:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGF_5MBnmDs

the other videos we shot are on our channel there as well.

Enjoy!

Renee
Renee-Ijustfinished.com