Linked Events

• TC signing in Chicago, IL: April 06, 2009

Author Topic: April 6/7, 2009: TC signing in Chicago, IL  (Read 27840 times)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
Re: April 6/7, 2009: TC signing in Chicago, IL
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »
Good point, Uilos!

Hey, folks that were at the signing... what would be your guess as to how many people were in Chicago?  I'm thinking there were more people in Lexington than in Chicago, but I don't know that I had a good vantage point to estimate the Chicago crowd.

Offline McAnally

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
Good point, Uilos!

Hey, folks that were at the signing... what would be your guess as to how many people were in Chicago?  I'm thinking there were more people in Lexington than in Chicago, but I don't know that I had a good vantage point to estimate the Chicago crowd.

The wrist bands that Borders used were handed out 50 per color.  I talked to one of the workers and they commented that there were about 300 people there.

It went from Tuesday evening to Wednesday morning.  It started at 10:30 PM.   The book was released at Midnight. That is pretty late for most people on a work night.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:56 PM »
Yeah, I figured that's why the crowd was small.  The guy in Lexington said that Jim was estimating 450 in Chicago, and I thought that sounded way too high.  I couldn't remember how many wristband colors there were... I was stuck on 4, and I was certain there had to be more than that!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »
nice post you have managed.

Lovely spam, wonderful spaaaaaaaam!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.