McAnally's (The Community Pub) > Author Craft

Published Author On Board

(1/32) > >>

Mickey Finn:
Are you a professionally published author and a member of the board?

Tell us about yourself and your work.

Richelle Mead:
I'm going to wait for someone else to go first.  I've already rambled about myself around here.  :D

Mickey Finn:
Don't make me cut & paste your ramble. ;)

Richelle Mead:
Mickey, you crack me up.  All right.  Everyone keeps telling me to break out of my introverted personality and put myself out there if I want to sell books.

I'm an urban fantasy writer.  I sold my first novel SUCCUBUS BLUES and two sequels last November, and it'll be published in March 2007.  It's about a succubus with romantic problems (that whole inconvenient soul-stealing thing) who investigates a creature killing immortals in Seattle.  In January, I decided to quit my teaching job and write full-time.  I started another book called DARK SWAN (title to be changed) about a shaman.  It sold in January + one sequel and won't be out until after SB#2.  All of my books rely heavily on mythology and have a campy sense of humor (my succubus' demonic boss chooses to walk around in a body that looks like John Cusack).

I'm about 2 months away from an Amazon listing.  The website in my sig will give you more on the books, plus a review from Jim himself! *swoon*

I had to learn a lot about the publishing world to get here, so I'm happy to answer any questions folks have.

Priscellie:
*laughs*  That sounds hilarious!  You'll have to let us know when it's released--I'd love to read it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version