McAnally's (The Community Pub) > Author Craft

Published Author On Board

<< < (2/32) > >>

Cathy Clamp:
Hi, all!

I'm also a published author of urban fantasy/paranormal novels for Tor Books in their Tor Romance line. I write with a co-author, C.T. Adams, and we presently have two series:

Tales of the Sazi, with:

Hunter's Moon (first person male POV of a Mafia hitman turned werewolf) December, 2004. To date, it's won eight regional and national book awards for paranormal romance.

Moon's Web (sequel, also in his perspective).  This one is the winner of the Best Werewolf Romance by RT BOOKreviews magazine for 2005!
August, 2005

Captive Moon (third person paranormal romance in the same world, just out this month. We're happy to report that it just made BOTH the USA Today bestsellers list, but is in its second week on the Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback bestsellers list! Woo!   :D)
August, 2006

The Thrall:

Touch of Evil (first person kick-sass heroine in an alternative reality vampire world. Vampires aren't the "evil undead" but are instead creepy parasites that infect a person. They attach to the brain stem and take over a person's body using a hive mind and a queen. This also appeared on both the USA Today and Waldenbook list.)
March, 2006

Upcoming novels from Tor include:

Howling Moon (Sazi series), December, 2006
Touch of Madness (Thrall series), June, 2007
Moon's Fury (Sazi series), September, 2007 (just put this one to bed yesterday! Yay!)

We also have an historical fiction novel set in 1800's Colorado, during the building of the railroads called Road to Riches: the Great Railroad Race to Aspen from Western Reflections Publishing.  It won an award for "Best Historical Chronicle" from the Colorado Independent Publishers Association.  Lots of people who like steam trains and the clashes with landowners/cattle barons will probably like this. :)

And, of course, Cie and I both ADORE Jim's books!

HARRY RULES!  ;D

Darrington:
My name's Jessica Sherwood, and I'm an author in progress, published novel or not.  I've been writing for seven or eight years, I've really lost track.  My beginnings give me nightmares, but I really think I've gotten somewhere in the past few years, despite the fact that I haven't gotten to write much.  Most of what I've done so far is of the fantasy genre, either in a fantastical or distant past era setting.  Though I believe that since I've been reading the Dresden Files, I've been feeling more inclined toward the modern, urban setting.  He's rewiring me, I tell you!

Anyway.  Though I've got a ton of ideas for the general fantasy genre (a series coming from the gothic fantasy that's been published), I'm hoping to do a co-op with a good friend of mine and write out the books of our Dresden-esque RPG.  But, of course, to do that, we'd both want to acquire Jim's approval, and perhaps link it back to him in some way.  Maybe even get some tiny, miniscule little mention of my New York wizard in the Dresden Files.  I could die happy if that happened.

But alas.  I haven't written much of anything in over a year.  Procrastination and lack of alone time has bitten into that something fierce.  But anyway.  It's good to see this section of the forum dedicated to the writers out there. :)

Just a brief bit of information on my book, here.  It took me the better part of six years to write it, and it was published just over a year ago I believe.  It's titled BloodRune, and is written in first person, current tense, which I've never seen anywhere before.  It switches between several characters, showing the different perspectives of situations and the plot.  I wrote it mainly to focus on the characters and their individual stories rather than the plot.  The main characters are either vampires (my main love until Jim's wizardry stole my heart) or use magic.  It follows the rediscovery and collection of ancient, powerful artifacts that are, in fact, imprisoned souls.  I've taken a bit of my own twist on vampires in this, challenging the stereotypical view of them.

You can find it under both Amazon and B&N, as well as the publisher's site and even google book search.

:)

Mandy:
I'm also a published author. I write historical romances as Madeline Baker and paranormal romances as Amanda Ashley. I've published over 50 novels and short stories.

My latest book, DESIRE AFTER DARK, is in stores now.

My next book, DEAD SEXY, will be published in February, followed by NIGHT'S TOUCH (a sequel to Night's Kiss) in July.

I love writing. Even after 50 plus books, the process is still a mystery to me! I have no idea where my stories come from, and since I don't outline, I rarely know what's going to happen from one chapter to the next.

For a sneak peak at upcoming books, as well as sample chapters from all my published books, please visit my website at www.madelinebaker.net

I have to say, I love Jim's books and think he's one of the best authors out there!
Mandy

BigMama:
I have read several of your books written under the Amanda Ashley name and have enjoyed them very much. Thank you for giving me many hours of pleasure.  :)

Sara Dennis:

I haven't been around a lot, because my life got crazy (in good ways!), but I'm still a big Jim fan, so I hope I'm welcome to come back and say hey, I'm published too! :)

Currently e-published, but always working toward the first big break into print. I write romance of various flavors (suspense, contemporary, paranormal) and fantasy/sf novels. 

So, hi!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version