Author Topic: Lara and Harry sitting in a tree.......?  (Read 12446 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Lara and Harry sitting in a tree.......?
« on: May 03, 2022, 10:25:28 PM »
Assuming true love, who wears the latex? Or does Lara bring in a third party, ala Justine?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Lara and Harry sitting in a tree.......?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 10:49:51 PM »
 :o

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 11:18:57 PM »
Harry has to be willing to consummate.

Mab is going to have to order him. That won’t sit well with Lara.

Offline Mr. Mouse

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 11:33:45 PM »
Don't forget, their first kiss wrenched Harry's back and rocked the ground Lara lives on.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 03:45:32 AM »
Don't forget, their first kiss wrenched Harry's back and rocked the ground Lara lives on.
It also burned the hell out of her lips because of his lost love, Susan..  Unless he is out of love with Murphy's memory this time it will burn them clean off..

Offline gorgonson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 01:33:08 PM »
Well, Mab also told Lara that Harry was part of her house and not to eat that "porridge" or unlike Goldilocks the bears will have eaten you. Or something along those lines. I don't have my copy in front of me at the moment. And I don't think they can consummate the relationship without Lara addicting Harry.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 01:58:14 PM »
Perhaps they just smear each other with porridge?

Offline Mr. Mouse

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 03:40:53 PM »
It also burned the hell out of her lips because of his lost love, Susan..  Unless he is out of love with Murphy's memory this time it will burn them clean off..

Don't mention that to Mab or she'll call Harry to the Stone Table again and make Lara and Molly witness it in person.

Offline Mr. Mouse

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 03:44:33 PM »
Well, Mab also told Lara that Harry was part of her house and not to eat that "porridge" or unlike Goldilocks the bears will have eaten you. Or something along those lines. I don't have my copy in front of me at the moment. And I don't think they can consummate the relationship without Lara addicting Harry.

Margaret wasn't completely under Papa Raith's spell and she wasn't even a starborn. A interesting question in light of Bigfoot on Campus is how much Harry's growing powers would allow Lara to feed on him without completely draining him if she really needed it.

Is that the solution for Thomas, a lady Bigfoot?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »
Or an alternative food source, love instead lifeforce.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 09:38:51 PM »
Assuming true love, who wears the latex? Or does Lara bring in a third party, ala Justine?

While I'm sure that they'd love to get their hands on Justine again... I don't think she's a proper candidate to assist them, after all, she's already Nemfected, don't know if Laura would be immune to that or not...

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 11:51:43 PM »
Harry is, but Nemesis is not an STD, It would depend on whether Lara’s hunger objected to a a one person three way.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 01:49:50 AM »
It only takes one encounter to cancel the lingering protection Harry gets from Murphy.

Unless that encounter was with someone who is also in love with Harry(so no Molly or Elaine, and possibly no Lea, Mab or Sarissa as remote cases). That eliminates 5 options out of 1/2 to 1 million in Chicago alone.

Mab could even throw Marcone a bone by ordering Harry to spend a day using all the amenities at  Marcone's gym and have Marcone on hand for confirmation of services rendered and used. It would anger Harry if it came to this but she'd only do it as a last option anyway.

More likely, Lara will provide a participant for the Michael/Justine method.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 03:53:28 AM »
Mab could herself demand her droit de seigneur with Harry as in Changes. It would actually be in keeping with the entire arrangement.

Offline ApollonianAcolyte

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2022, 05:02:44 PM »
Another solution is hinted at in the short story, Something Borrowed. In that story, Bob says that Will marrying Jenny Greenteeth (disguised as Georgia) annuls Will's true love protection (and allow Jenny to enslave him). In his words:

“I mean, if he’s married to another, it can’t really be pure love. Jenny’s claim on him would prevent the kiss from lifting the spell.”

One could argue, based on this, that Harry marrying Lara would similarly annul his protection from Murphy. And conveniently, there's a wedding coming up. Now Jenny is a Sidhe not a Vamp, so it might not be valid to analogise these scenarios. But it is definitely suggestive.