Author Topic: Fairy Godmothers  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy Godmothers
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 10:34:55 PM »
Or bring the army. I think it was a point made several times in battle ground that large groups of armed people are dangerous. The army being the clearest example, but also the volunteers and the gang neighborhoods.

Or a Banner.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 11:22:44 PM »

What seems obvious to me is that all mortals are now off the playing field. Hendricks is gone. Murphy is gone. Justine is the face of Nemesis. The Cops are now the Men in Black, Chicago PD is now a farm team. Bring the Supernatural or go home seems to be the new mantra.

Not quite, Harry is still here, Butters, Sanya, Michael, Rashid, Listens to Wind, Rivershoulders, the ladies and gentlemen of the Paranet, and I'm sure some other mortals will pop out of the woodwork..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 12:49:48 AM »
I think it was meant to be Vanilla Mortals.

Butters is Butter Brickle

Michael is Raspberry Ripple

Sanya is Rum and Raisin

Charity is Cookies and Cream

Rashid is Coffee

Harry is definitely Rocky Road

River Shoulders is more of a Frozen Yoghurt guy.

Jim just introduced Bradley, and we always have Rudy and Larry Fowler who are all vanilla, and although I don’t believe anyone has made a Durian Ice Cream, if they did it would be Rudy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:20:03 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 03:15:49 AM »
Bradley,

Well a little tuttie futtie is a great change of pace!  Fowler is diffidently durian... What's odd is even though durian fruit smells like toe fungus, if you go to an Asian market you will not only find the fruit, but several candies flavored with it and chips as well.. So maybe it shouldn't be judged on it's smell?
Which would be very Fowler.. ::)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 09:27:23 AM »
Oh no, Carlos is Tutti Frutti if you think about his role in Dead Beat

Wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop ba ba
I got a gal, named Sue, she knows just what to do
She rock to the East, she rock to the West
But she's the gal that I love best“

Carlos was massively impressed with Harry’s Zombie Dinosaur.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 11:56:06 AM »
Oh no, Carlos is Tutti Frutti if you think about his role in Dead Beat

Wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop ba ba
She rock to the East, she rock to the West
But she's the gal that I love best“

Carlos was massively impressed with Harry’s Zombie Dinosaur.
Well then Bradly must be plain old vanilla..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 01:04:55 PM »
A freaking square 5 gallon tub of vanilla.

Bradley was definitely set up to be the new competent Vanilla mortal now that Marcone had gone all mint chocolate chip and Hendricks and Murphy went honey mead.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 04:15:54 PM »
A freaking square 5 gallon tub of vanilla.

Bradley was definitely set up to be the new competent Vanilla mortal now that Marcone had gone all mint chocolate chip and Hendricks and Murphy went honey mead.

No, Marcone has gone pistachio/almond on us...

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2022, 06:56:29 PM »
Listen is of course Phish Food after failing to kill the Carpenters.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 02:49:33 PM »
Listen is of course Phish Food after failing to kill the Carpenters.

No, since he failed, he is more fertilizer than ice cream at this point.. ::)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 10:10:11 PM »
I think Listen is the sort of ice cream who brings his own freezer along, he seems very survival oriented so I can't imagine we have seen the last of him.

I think King Corb is salty bacon ice cream, the person making it thinks it is a great idea, but it is definitely bad taste.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:21 PM »
The Titan protected Listen from Corb, but Corb was incompetent, so I expect Listen survived and left a nice little present for Corb something poisonous or explosive or both under a contingency plan or plans.

Corb in not a vanilla mortal or former vanilla mortal so he can’t be in the ice cream game I am afraid he’s an entirely different kettle of fish. You start vanilla but end up some other flavour of mortal.

Father Forthill is another vanilla mortal, no powers no special status but he is so good at being mortal it almost hurts, he is the vanilla ice cream milkshake of mortals.

Chandler is of course Earl Grey Ice Cream (which is very nice).

Molly started as a vanilla mortal before coming into her power and the Mantle, now she is a Baked Alaska.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 05:05:30 AM »
Father Forthill is another vanilla mortal, no powers no special status but he is so good at being mortal it almost hurts, he is the vanilla ice cream milkshake of mortals.

I agree that Father Forthill is good, so good that he might be strawberry..  ;)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 04:28:31 PM »
... Will Marcone/Namshiel be "equal" like Nic/Andriel has mostly been?

That's just propaganda of the Fallen; there is no "equality."  It isn't even close.

The Fallen can overwhelm their hosts whenever they want.

But sometimes -- if the Fallen get lucky -- they can find a host who is closely-aligned with their own interests and their own preferred M.O. that they don't need to.  They just nudge a bit, occasionally.  The Master of Shadows has found in Nic a human who just naturally prefers playing the long game, and working by indirection and misdirection.

Remember, the Fallen are straight out of Christianity:  their *entire* motivation is the damnation of human souls... but repentance and redemption are always on the table.  Anduriel is working on damning as many as he can, but also on making Nicodemus Archleone too self-loathing to ever even seek redemption.  Nic's chief sin seems to pride, & Anduriel manipulates him masterfully (as in, puppetmaster).

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:19:29 PM by g33k »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2022, 06:33:12 PM »
That's just propaganda of the Fallen; there is no "equality."  It isn't even close.

The Fallen can overwhelm their hosts whenever they want.

But sometimes -- if the Fallen get lucky -- they can find a host who is closely-aligned with their own interests and their own preferred M.O. that they don't need to.  They just nudge a bit, occasionally.  The Master of Shadows has found in Nic a human who just naturally prefers playing the long game, and working by indirection and misdirection.

Remember, the Fallen are straight out of Christianity:  their *entire* motivation is the damnation of human souls... but repentance and redemption are always on the table.  Anduriel is working on damning as many as he can, but also on making Nicodemus Archleone too self-loathing to ever even seek redemption.  Nic's chief sin seems to pride, & Anduriel manipulates him masterfully (as in, puppetmaster).

As I said, because of that accidental soul gaze early on in Dead Beat with a Denarian, it is a trap that Harry didn't fall into when Lasciel's Shadow was in his head.. Well, maybe not so accidental, Higher Powers at work maybe?  Marcone on the other hand could very well have fallen for that trap, thinking that he will continue to run the show now that he has taken up Namshiel's coin.