Author Topic: Bob's Parents  (Read 6721 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Bob's Parents
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
 :o holy... No, but we've met a spiritual entity specifically known for giving inspiration to writers... Leah.. Perhaps whomever they inspired didn't stay human though 🤔 otherwise they'd be long dead and we could not have met them. Wagging a bit, but Leah and... EG?🤷‍♂️

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
:o holy... No, but we've met a spiritual entity specifically known for giving inspiration to writers... Leah.. Perhaps whomever they inspired didn't stay human though 🤔 otherwise they'd be long dead and we could not have met them. Wagging a bit, but Leah and... EG?🤷‍♂️
Exciting right?! Leah is also a good guess, but mortals and Fae produce Changelings generally, not SoI's as far as we have seen. Leah and EG would surely produce a faery, no? And what an interesting being that would be. Two very powerful Fae, one Winter and one of Summer, the child could be very, very powerful indeed.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 04:16:37 PM »
There are several ways new Fae come into existence,  changelings are one by sexual reproduction, but Toot’s journey is another, and Molly’s yet another, and these are just what we have seen in the books. Therefore a spirit of intellect might have yet another. Winter is all sex and Summer is all fertility.

If Lea is responsible for Bob then there may be other spirits of intellect who descend from her rather than say the Greco Roman muses, certainly they seem to be common enough to be a class of being rather than a singular type of being, but they may stay within the NeverNever vulnerable to dawn in the Mortal World.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 08:18:32 PM »
Bonea was not a product of a Fallen and a human, but the shadow of a fallen and a human. Marcone doesn't have the Shadow, he has the real deal. If he gives up the coin it's over.  No baby.

Just for laughs and giggles and because no speculation is complete without a time travel component, Harry goes back in time and drops off at Ettiene the Enchanter's hovel and pinches off a small piece of Bonea to make Bob, making sure that he is there to help later. Thus Bob is a secondary product of Lash and Harry. And then boom Harry is off again to wherever he is going to go to eventually.

Humor aside we have seen two ways that a spirit of intellect can be created. Only one way needs to involve two parents directly. 

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 08:32:58 PM »
Bonea was not a product of a Fallen and a human, but the shadow of a fallen and a human. Marcone doesn't have the Shadow, he has the real deal. If he gives up the coin it's over.  No baby.

Almost, Bonea is the product of a shadow of a Fallen and the "ego" of a human..  Nothing physical, no egg, no sperm..  It makes sense that if he has parents, Bob was conceived in much the same way.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 12:09:46 AM »
I only know what I read.  We've seen the process twice.  Once with Harry and Lash and once with Bob and Evil Bob. The only other spirit of intellect resides in the Archive. And no one ever asks how the Archive came to exist.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 11:21:40 AM »
I only know what I read.  We've seen the process twice.  Once with Harry and Lash and once with Bob and Evil Bob. The only other spirit of intellect resides in the Archive. And no one ever asks how the Archive came to exist.

All I am saying is she wasn't conceived in the normal biological way..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 12:34:16 PM »
Not sure the Archive is a spirit of Intellect, Bob is compared to a smaller version of the Archive as a data retrieval device.

As regards Namshiel and Marcone, it’s the act of creation going on inside Marcone’s head which is important. Marcone has been touched and soul gazed by Harry so he knows he is a vanilla mortal. The Fallen have to reside in their hosts head as shadows or otherwise, but I doubt they really if ever prior to Lash and Harry engaged in a creative (as opposed to a destructive) processes. Marcone and Namshiel May be making a spirit of intellect but I doubt there is any love involved which may be required.

Yes Bob can bud off another version of himself by giving it a chunk of his memories which is another form of reproduction, one I doubt is open to more fleshy Fae. The moral is “Life Finds Away” as Sue would say.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 01:20:10 PM »
@Mira
I never had an thought that biology was involved.  The concept of Lash and Bonea make no sense in that respect.  Your brain doesn't have any spare capacity in the way Jim writes it.  And it never made any sense that Lash didn't give Harry headaches and Bonea did.

@Conspiracy Theorist
For a character with such unique qualities, the Archive doesn't get much explanation.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2022, 02:04:31 PM »

@Conspiracy Theorist
For a character with such unique qualities, the Archive doesn't get much explanation.

And Jim likes it that way, it means he isn’t hedged in when he next uses the character, which suggests it’s all going to come out in the future. A lot of people were frustrated by the lack of character interaction between Harry and Ivy in Peace Talks and Battle Ground, and I suspect that was deliberate for the future reveal. Instead we got River as confidant and exposition as fan service, a character previously relegated to side stories. It was a bit like Matt Murdoch/Kingpin appearing in No WayHome/Hawkeye.

The likelihood is the same with Bob’s parents, there is some future plot point bound up in it so it makes this a significant topic for speculation.Jim has teased this following speculation upon Bonea coming into being, so he is sitting there gleefully hugging himself.

We know Harry is going to time travel as he will breach every law of Magic, so perhaps we are going to see Bob’s conception or birth or the consequences of them. This is why I think a historical wizard like Michael Scot, is Bob’s Father, Harry is responsible for putting the British Prisoner in Demonreach in the past to frustrate Lea’s continued attention, after religious instruction and iron skullcaps fail. For example Harry needs to consult with the last known authority on the superweapons, but they mysteriously disappeared in the 13th Century, Harry has to track them down in person. Turns out they were in Demonreach all along, due to Harry. That would be a very Harry story.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2022, 03:18:18 PM »
Bonea was not a product of a Fallen and a human, but the shadow of a fallen and a human.
technically true, but I wouldn't try to argue that with lasciel lol. She was certainly ready to take credit.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
The worst kind of helicopter parent.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2022, 09:48:35 PM »
@Mira
I never had an thought that biology was involved.  The concept of Lash and Bonea make no sense in that respect.  Your brain doesn't have any spare capacity in the way Jim writes it.  And it never made any sense that Lash didn't give Harry headaches and Bonea did.

@Conspiracy Theorist

I agree, Lash supposedly was the shadow of Lasciel, I guess you could call her the spiritual essence of Lasciel.  Nothing really material about her, perhaps that is why she never gave Harry a headache.  However in her transformation from the shadow of Lasciel to Lash, she did appear before him, but that could have been an illusion.  Also I.D. Harry is what? Brain waves?  I guess because she is a being of energy or essence of spirit, Bonea could give Harry headaches?  And how is it that Molly could act as midwife when no one else could?  Or because of her psych talent only she is able to.  I guess it amounts to accepting what it is written for what it is and don't dig too deeply... ::)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 07:34:52 AM »
I suppose Lash was a little piece of Lasciel's soul...  was it Uriel who said angels are ALL soul? (could have been Bob). And harry asked if he had a soul, was told "You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body" (I think that was Uriel)

I guess Bonea was creating destructive interference in Harry's head - you know, like conflicting waveforms in physics?  Molly is good with psychic matters, that was why she could help. There likely could have been others who could, but may not be so well inclined to Harry, or been busy (thinking Gatekeeper, the guy cleaning up Peabody's victims)

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 01:50:49 PM »
I suppose Lash was a little piece of Lasciel's soul...  was it Uriel who said angels are ALL soul? (could have been Bob). And harry asked if he had a soul, was told "You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body" (I think that was Uriel)

I guess Bonea was creating destructive interference in Harry's head - you know, like conflicting waveforms in physics?  Molly is good with psychic matters, that was why she could help. There likely could have been others who could, but may not be so well inclined to Harry, or been busy (thinking Gatekeeper, the guy cleaning up Peabody's victims)

As I said, accepted as it is written and don't dig too deeply with logic or science..