Author Topic: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!  (Read 22682 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »
In Ghost Story Demonreach is able to animate a statue in the cemetery but that is voluntary rather than forced through a Summons, and is more akin to a loa possessing a manikin, suggesting Demonreach couldn’t physically manifest that far from the island but only in spirit through an avatar.

Yeah, well, a couple of things about that, firstly an archangel was pulling the strings in Ghost Story.
Secondly Harry was in a deep coma at the time, it appears to us the reader and to Harry, himself that his soul was on walkabout, but what if it was all a vivid illusion set up by a certain archangel?
So either way, the conditions weren't normal for Alfred, considering the power of Uriel and Mab, I think we need more evidence before basing what Alfred can do under normal circumstances.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2021, 01:10:02 PM »
Actually Demonreach range was for the Titan. Lesser beings he should have greater range

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2021, 03:15:04 PM »
Actually Demonreach range was for the Titan. Lesser beings he should have greater range

Titian or rouge pixie, I think Alfred's range is his range, I don't remember him saying what he was gathering up determined that. 

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2021, 04:38:34 PM »
He asked Alfred range for Ethniu implied the shoreline

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
And Alfred states he is a prison guard and not a cop. On home turf he is unbeatable, but  only on his home turf or effectively in sight of it. He can’t get into the City proper, that would make it too easy for Harry.

Harry has got to either summon them to Demonreach, or catch and subdue and take them to the lakeshore. I am betting that the Crown of Thorns are god level Thorn Manacles, depowering even the mortal avatar of the White God. It’s going to be getting it on the bad guys head which will be the fun part for Harry.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2021, 02:31:24 AM »
CT that's sounds pretty stupid but hey crown of thorn manacles lol right!

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2021, 12:48:32 PM »
Well demonreach predates the white Council. So I don't see how many of them know about leaving reach. Just like not many know about the outer Gates. Again that's the case of old white counsel men hoarding knowledge...

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2021, 01:54:47 PM »
Well demonreach predates the white Council. So I don't see how many of them know about leaving reach. Just like not many know about the outer Gates. Again that's the case of old white counsel men hoarding knowledge...

Or willfully ignorant, the wizard equivalent of putting their fingers in their ears and singing "la,la,la, can't hear you..."  Then we have Rashid, who is echoing the cry from a "Few Good Men," "The truth? the Senior Council can't handle the truth!"  And it looks like he might be right.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2021, 10:28:05 PM »
Most of the White Council are ignorant of a lot of things. I'm sure they "know" about the major supernatural monsters of their region but I doubt more than the Senior Council and some of the Wardens know the real deal with Outsiders. Look how long it took Harry, who lives on the edge, to learn those things. 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2021, 10:36:47 PM »
Since the Black Council shares membership with the White Council the are certainly people who know.  The Black Council has attacked the Gates and Demonreach with the help of the Outsiders.

Since we're talking about Demonreach, have you considered as long as the prison exists and needs a human Warden, that Ivy can't win the Oblivion War?

The same is true for the Outer Gates. To win she must wipe the memory of  both the Outer Gates and Demonreach from the minds of Mankind.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2021, 10:54:04 PM »

Since we're talking about Demonreach, have you considered as long as the prison exists and needs a human Warden, that Ivy can't win the Oblivion War?

Why yes I had. I made that point a week or so ago. Harry is of course oblivious to that particular conflict. This may explain why she snubbed Harry, someone (probably Thomas or Lara, her agents) told her or recorded the fact that Harry was the Warden.

To be correct she needs to wipe the knowledge of those beings from mortal minds, not  of Demonreach or the Outer Gates themselves. Harry has of course been going through the roster of prisoners, making that much more difficult, oblivious as always, but HP Lovecraft and Frank Belknap long have a lot to answer for even vanilla mortals know about the Hound of Tindalos. Ivy is losing. Look at the impact of Cthulhu in popular culture. She having as much success as Mab had against Disney. Frozen anyone?

It’s bad enough Harry got between her and her surrogate father, but to find Harry has also got involved in an existential crisis undermining her whole existence and purpose is the cherry on the cake. No wonder she cut him dead. And he clearly has no knowledge why.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2021, 12:39:54 AM »
If the Archive is snubbing Harry then it's only because in Changes he f**ked her over too.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2021, 12:52:53 AM »
What's all this manufactured strife between Harry and Ivy... it could be as simple as PMS or maybe she has a crush on

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2021, 03:43:15 AM »
The thought is that Ivy's only friend should have talked to her.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2021, 04:19:16 AM »
The thought is that Ivy's only friend should have talked to her.

Yes, but the truth is, the Archive has no friends, and as a result neither does Ivy.  It's that isolated exsistence that drove her mother to suicide.