Author Topic: A reason Dresden was kicked from the White Council  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: A reason Dresden was kicked from the White Council
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 07:47:10 AM »
The Merlin could have kicked Harry out for fear of a possible schism in the White Court. What if Harry starts talking Black Court?  What will he do? They think he has the Eye. Even the blackstaff was not enough against the Eye. This is like the Darkhallow. The captain of the Wardens was laid out before she even reached the core. So was possibly the strongest hero of the Wardens, Morgan. up comes Harry, riding a T Rex. Goes on by, kicks ass. The side looks lost... the Titan lays Odin down... and Harry jails her, and takes her main gun.   

Question is - the Merlin may question if even Eb can take him, now that he has the Eye. Could he look for a hitman, like Kincaid, as a black op? Only against the rules if he gets caught.... and he had a SC decree of death, even if it was suspended. Some emergency powers clause lets him activate it, if word comes out?   

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 09:51:19 AM »
I considered Klaus, but he is a well established wizard, the first person the Senior Council would ask, so obviously they asked him and he said no. Still no new swords. His deadly devices are based on innocuous toys, a sword is not a toy, so it may be some eccentricity on his part that prevents him from acting.

They would not ask Harry, even if they were aware of how extensive his skill set is in this area.

Staffs and blasting rods are both foci, the staff generally but the blasting  rod specific to producing fire.

The White Council couldn’t be seen to be contracting it’s enforcement to a third party, it would indicate weakness, doesn’t mean they don’t, I suspect Rudy was in the Merlin’s pocket and they were looking for a mundane legal frame up.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 08:14:21 AM »
I don't know if a blasting rod is necessarily fire related, or that is just what Harry uses it for to focus his cast, because fire is somewhat wild and less controllable.  A water mage might have a similar device to control a conjured stream of water, like a hose nozzle with spray, jet, mist, etc. settings. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 05:01:24 PM »
Harry is a fire guy, fire has the added benefit of cleansing other magic.

However I wonder why no one has thought of modifying light spells so they are coherent, creating a laser. Now that would be an upgrade of the Blasting Rod.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2021, 01:33:54 AM »
If Langtry is thinking that he's going to set Harry up as a double agent among the Black Council, he's sorely barking up the wrong tree. They've already made their recruitment pitch and been rebuffed.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 01:50:14 AM »
Langtry would like to pretend the Black Council doesn’t exist, he is afraid that it would cause a split to acknowledge it.

However kicking Harry out will cause that split anyway, the first time the White Council hunts a Warlock in North America after BG will be the last.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 08:37:35 PM »
There are warlocks and then there are Warlocks. Harry will avoid Council business if he's allowed but I doubt he'd go to bat for a rampaging monster. He'll probably learn about it before the Council does through the Paranet.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2021, 08:55:13 PM »
Given Harry, he will likely to try to redeem any Warlock he came across, and the Paranet will alert him as to Warden activity.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2021, 11:22:05 PM »
Harry won't summarily execute any warlock he catches and he'll likely try to save some but at the same time if a Soulgaze shows him a rampaging monster, Harry will put him down if he can.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2021, 07:47:12 AM »
I have visions of Young Warlocks held in Demonreach under the Contemplation Protocols whilst Georgia shrinks them in Group therapy.

Everybeing taken down by  Demonreach experiences the harm they have committed, certainly an important step in healing.

I wonder also however whether the Shroud can cure mental illness? Or whether the Crown of Thorns has some therapeutic purpose? That will still leave the sane but bad, and but more conventional remedies may be applied then.

If the Apocalypse leads to revelation of the Supernatural, then law Enforcement can be prepared and equipped to deal with a Warlock through thorn manacles, water cannon, Fae Ointment etc, jail cells built with a circle outside the cell. Actually I expect CPD to be thoroughly into all of this during Next Book.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »
I have visions of Young Warlocks held in Demonreach under the Contemplation Protocols whilst Georgia shrinks them in Group therapy.

Everybeing taken down by  Demonreach experiences the harm they have committed, certainly an important step in healing.

This is not a bad theory.  I wonder whether Demonreach can actually hold mortals.  Thomas and the "British Sounding Guy" are the only candidates to be "mortal" in any sense of the word.  Of course, Thomas may or may not qualify as "mortal." 

It may be that the White Court are more like the Coin Holders in that its the "demon" that makes them "immortal."  Mab considered Thomas "mortal enough" but at the same time she was going to use Justine as leverage for that, and as far as we know Mab's solution might be the same as Nemesis' solution.  Mab's solution might have been some kind of Unravelling too.  We just don't know. 

"British Sounding Guy," well that's about all we know of him.  He might be Merlin, King Arthur, some other Wizard, Just Some Guy or a jibbering lunatic demon that simply sounds like a pissed off British Guy (see, Chauncy). 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2021, 06:45:56 PM »
Demonreach can’t hold mortals permanently, so it could be used for a period of time.

Jim likes to give villains a British Accent especially where it is a telepathic voice with no previous context, I work on the basis Harry has seen far too many movies where the villain is British and as such his brain ascribes them the voice of Christopher Lee.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 03:38:16 AM »
Demonreach can’t hold mortals permanently, so it could be used for a period of time.

Jim likes to give villains a British Accent especially where it is a telepathic voice with no previous context, I work on the basis Harry has seen far too many movies where the villain is British and as such his brain ascribes them the voice of Christopher Lee.

Why can't it hold them permanently?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 07:28:59 AM »
Why can't it hold them permanently?

WOJ

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2021, 08:09:11 AM »
Harry is a fire guy, fire has the added benefit of cleansing other magic.

However I wonder why no one has thought of modifying light spells so they are coherent, creating a laser. Now that would be an upgrade of the Blasting Rod.

if containing fire is hard - containing LIGHT?

They aren't real technical folks....  Harry likely thinks thermal blooming is a hothouse orchid....