Author Topic: Who do you think the Vampires took from Eb?  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you think the Vampires took from Eb?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2021, 03:42:14 PM »
My take is that it's the White Court vampires he specifically loathes.
  • He didn't seem particularly vehement when helping Harry go against Mavra.
  • He could tolerate Arianna standing in the halls of Edinburgh without righteous outrage.
  • He tried to force choke Lara to death on-sight in TC.
  • He went insane in PT.

I'm sure he doesn't like any vampire, and would like to see them all dead. But it's the Wamps he seems to have specific loathing for.

And since they can't turn anyone, I'd guess that they either ate and killed someone he loved, or the seduced someone he loved.

I could easily see where he had a wife, mother to Margaret, who left him for a Wamp after she became a thrall. Then he watches as his daughter allies herself with one, and (unconsciously) knows she's sleeping with him. Then he watches his grandson befriend one and (apparently) start sleeping with another.

That would explain it to me.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2021, 05:59:10 PM »
[quoteHe tried to force choke Lara to death on-sight in TC.][/quote]

Yet at some point in years past he had dinner with her father and his daughter.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2021, 07:08:27 PM »
My take is that it's the White Court vampires he specifically loathes.
  • He didn't seem particularly vehement when helping Harry go against Mavra.
  • He could tolerate Arianna standing in the halls of Edinburgh without righteous outrage.
  • He tried to force choke Lara to death on-sight in TC.
  • He went insane in PT.

I'm sure he doesn't like any vampire, and would like to see them all dead. But it's the Wamps he seems to have specific loathing for.

And since they can't turn anyone, I'd guess that they either ate and killed someone he loved, or the seduced someone he loved.

I could easily see where he had a wife, mother to Margaret, who left him for a Wamp after she became a thrall. Then he watches as his daughter allies herself with one, and (unconsciously) knows she's sleeping with him. Then he watches his grandson befriend one and (apparently) start sleeping with another.

That would explain it to me.

I think his venom for the Whites is because of Maggie Sr.  I believe she was friends with Lara, and that's how she got with Lord Raith.  My opinion is that unlike Lord Raith, he was able to slay those responsible for the loss of another family member so he has been able to move past it more while he hasn't been able to with the White Court.  Raith still lives, and Eb hasn't been able to do anything about it.  Considering Eb killed a Dragon in 1908, that says a lot.

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2021, 08:46:42 PM »
Mavra.

Not sure why. Just a feeling.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 07:24:54 AM »
I think there is probably enough intel that the Senior Council might know Thomas is Eb's grandson. He is the ONLY son of the White King, that makes him significant. They'd try to look into him, why is he allowed to live. And his mom likely turns up. Eb may know, but not know Harry and Thomas know.  Eb may even have been unaware, but when Thomas and Harry started to hang out, he looks Thomas up...

Here's a possibility - maybe Maggie is not the LAST person he lost to the Whamps. And she involved herself with them. Hardly totally innocent. Maybe they did take his wife.... and it was not Harry's grandmother. We spoke of his wife, and hear about Harry's grandmother... She died over 200 years ago. Could he have had a SECOND (or more?) wife in that time frame? Maybe even when Maggie left Raith, they came looking for her... went to his farm... and killed an innocent? And that the fresher wound?

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 02:47:54 PM »
Eb does not know Thomas is his grandson until Harry tells him about it in PT. It is possible that someone else on the White Council knows they'd probably keep it secret until they could use it to influence or weaponize against EB.

Thomas is the only living son of Lord Raith. He's had others but got rid of them all.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »
Narratively, I'd much prefer if Eb's first fiance was a sweet girl, and one day he found himself locked in a room with her by her family just as her eyes turned silver...

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »
Let's play connects the dots.  The New Madrid Earthquake happens in 1811. Eb's wife dies at or near that date and Maggie is born.  Slap me with a stupid stick but that seems to be pretty coincidental. And Northern Arkansas and New Madrid are in spitting distance and Eb maintains a residence there.  Would you care to guess who the target might have been?  Now consider that Jim has mentioned three historical events caused by Eb and that Eb took three shots at Raith.  Just spitballing mind you. But it adds weight to the idea Raith can't be killed by magic.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »
Let's play connects the dots.  The New Madrid Earthquake happens in 1811. Eb's wife dies at or near that date and Maggie is born.  Slap me with a stupid stick but that seems to be pretty coincidental. And Northern Arkansas and New Madrid are in spitting distance and Eb maintains a residence there.  Would you care to guess who the target might have been?  Now consider that Jim has mentioned three historical events caused by Eb and that Eb took three shots at Raith.  Just spitballing mind you. But it adds weight to the idea Raith can't be killed by magic.

I think it is norther Missouri that Eb's farm is located in.. 
According to the National Geographic;

2:15 a.m. on December 16, 1811, residents of the frontier town of New Madrid, in what is now Missouri, were jolted from their beds by a violent earthquake. The ground heaved and pitched, hurling furniture, snapping trees and destroying barns and homesteads. The shaking rang church bells in Charleston, South Carolina, and toppled chimneys as far as Cincinnati, Ohio.

So very possible..

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »
Sorry. :-[ But from Kentucky they look much the same. ;)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 05:35:53 PM »
Sorry. :-[ But from Kentucky they look much the same. ;)

Yeah, well.. Not all Kentucky is blue grass horse country either.... ::)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »
I think it is norther Missouri that Eb's farm is located in.. 
According to the National Geographic;

So very possible..

Ozarks are in southern part of Missouri and Northern part of Arkansas. They do extend into MO, OK, AR, and a small piece of Kansas.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 03:04:47 AM »

Would be interesting for sure if he went to those lengths to take out Raith.  One of those events he's supposed to have killed a Dragon.  The Tunguska Event.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 03:25:57 AM »
Ozarks are in southern part of Missouri and Northern part of Arkansas. They do extend into MO, OK, AR, and a small piece of Kansas.

Actually Eb's farm is in;
McCoy lives and has lived on a farm in Hog Hollow, Missouri, for at least a couple of centuries.[3] He keeps horses[6] and possibly sheep.[7]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 03:27:51 AM »
Actually Eb's farm is in;

It almost must be on, or near a mountain.  Didn't Langtry say "go back to your mountain" to him?