Author Topic: Marcone could probably beat Harry in a duel.  (Read 9520 times)

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone could probably beat Harry in a duel.
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2021, 11:18:24 PM »
It's unlikely that Marcone would be an animated corpse.  Then there would no longer be any Choice involved.  No Knight could offer him redemption because he'd just be a dead body.  I don't see why his body would un-heal and fall apart after being repaired.  Not only that but other Coin holders have given up Coin's without aging really quickly, or dying, which should have happened if the only thing sustaining them was a Coin.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hannah is running around still.  Diedre gave up her Coin to Nicodemus before he killed her.

Nicodemus fished that coin out of her chest after he stabbed her to death.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 12:28:44 AM »
Harry used to be "just a thug" in magical combat; I think that's not quite so true since about Changes - see the falling rocks Way trick in the Erlking's Hall fight, and Lea's compliment on mixing fire and ice. In the final fight with Ascher/Lasciel in SG, she was putting out more raw power due to Hellfire, but Harry won by redirecting that power.

Offline Monkez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2021, 05:31:29 AM »
With only a little bit of time to plan, Harry was able to stand up to one of the most powerful mages on the planet:  Ebenezar.  That said, Harry is not to be underestimated when he has time to plan.  Given all that he has gone through since becoming the Winter Knight, the fact that he will *anything and everything* to keep his daughter safe, I'm confident that Harry will be spending a lot of time planning, thinking, and training (with everyone's favorite bigfoot).  :)

Plus, Harry will be getting answers from Injun Joe as well.  I expect power-ups and planning. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:33:56 AM by Monkez »
I always wanted to be a monk, but I never got the chants.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2021, 04:30:23 PM »
With only a little bit of time to plan, Harry was able to stand up to one of the most powerful mages on the planet:  Ebenezar.  That said, Harry is not to be underestimated when he has time to plan.  Given all that he has gone through since becoming the Winter Knight, the fact that he will *anything and everything* to keep his daughter safe, I'm confident that Harry will be spending a lot of time planning, thinking, and training (with everyone's favorite bigfoot).  :)

Plus, Harry will be getting answers from Injun Joe as well.  I expect power-ups and planning.

I agree, especially now that he knows that Marcone has Namshiel's coin.  He will prepare for it, he will closely question Michael and Sanya about Namshiel, maybe Butters as well, but he has no experience with Namshiel.  He might try to wrangle some indirect information out of Uriel, since he cannot directly help.  He may get help from Rashid and possibly LTW, but I doubt that Eb will even speak to him when he learns of the marriage arrangement.  He might ask Alfred as well, he might glean some useful information.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
He's several years behind Thorned Marcone in preparing for this confrontation. 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »
He's several years behind Thorned Marcone in preparing for this confrontation.

But Marcone isn't totally up to speed either.  Hary very much does respect the potential now that he has the coin, and of course what a Fallen Angel knows and can do.. But Marcone made mistakes, that is what Harry was taunting him about.  Now that he is kicked out of the Council, Harry has no restraints on what knowledge he can acquire now..  The only limitation is getting it, and I bet Bob has a lot of it, Alfred might as well, and practice.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2021, 06:07:26 PM »
I think Marcone will outclass Dresden, and be the reason why Harry will wield Excalibur as a real Knight of the Cross.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2021, 08:49:23 PM »
I think Marcone will outclass Dresden, and be the reason why Harry will wield Excalibur as a real Knight of the Cross.

Possible, but remember most of the baddies that Harry has gone up against have outclassed him in power, still Harry has managed to survive if not outright win.  I think Harry will win because he is mentally more resourceful, he has a real talent for spotting his opponent's weaknesses and exploiting them.   That is the main reason why he is such a mouthy smart ass in his fights, yeah, it backfires at times, but mostly it pisses off his opponents.  Pissed off people make mistakes, Harry is good at spotting those mistakes and pouncing on them ending in victory.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2021, 09:34:43 PM »
The problem being that Marcone is not only smarter then Dresden, more powerful then Dresden, more skilled then Dresden, and has more money and support then Dresden. Marcone knows Dresden- knows his allies, knows how he operates.

Harry will have a lot of growing to do if he wants to beat Denarian!Marcone.

And frankly I doubt if he'll even have replaced his melted shield bracelet by the next crisis. The man is chronically allergic to using his brain or planning ahead.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2021, 10:29:09 PM »
The problem being that Marcone is not only smarter then Dresden, more powerful then Dresden, more skilled then Dresden, and has more money and support then Dresden. Marcone knows Dresden- knows his allies, knows how he operates.

Is he really?  I mean Harry did a pretty good job of out politicking him and getting what he wanted from him at the post Battle of Chicago meeting of the Accords, just like he did Langtry at the end of Proven Guilty to save Molly.  Only a fool underestimates either Harry's power/talent or his intellect.
They did soul gaze once you know, Marcone knows Harry as well as he does him, yet Harry out maneuvered him..

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2021, 11:52:00 PM »

Harry will have a lot of growing to do if he wants to beat Denarian!Marcone.

And frankly I doubt if he'll even have replaced his melted shield bracelet by the next crisis. The man is chronically allergic to using his brain or planning ahead.
I'll give you 20 bucks if it's not fixed by Mirror Mirror.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2021, 01:28:21 AM »
I'll give you 20 bucks if it's not fixed by Mirror Mirror.

Tbh I'm hoping that our Harry manages to loot MM!Harry's corpse for some cool Magic Items.

I mean it took him literally a year+ to build just his staff, he's gonna need to cheat somehow if he wants to be back up to speed by the time of the Apocalypse at this rate.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2021, 03:22:48 AM »
Tbh I'm hoping that our Harry manages to loot MM!Harry's corpse for some cool Magic Items.

I mean it took him literally a year+ to build just his staff, he's gonna need to cheat somehow if he wants to be back up to speed by the time of the Apocalypse at this rate.

No, he doesn't need to cheat.. He has at his finger tips all that he needs to kick ass, the Spear, the Eye, and a few other toys..  Let's not forget what Hades said about the Artifacts, paraphrasing, "only those clever enough to steal them is clever and strong enough to use them.."  It weren't Marcone and it weren't Nic, it was Harry.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2021, 05:41:04 AM »

He had the handwavey excuse of not having any actual tools for making half of his kit (because he forgot to ask Thomas) on the island, that doesn't apply now that he's back in town.
No, he doesn't need to cheat.. He has at his finger tips all that he needs to kick ass, the Spear, the Eye, and a few other toys..  Let's not forget what Hades said about the Artifacts, paraphrasing, "only those clever enough to steal them is clever and strong enough to use them.."  It weren't Marcone and it weren't Nic, it was Harry.
Those are horrible replacements for tools in a direct fight with the exception of the spear and that one comes with it's own problems according to Harry.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
Those are horrible replacements for tools in a direct fight with the exception of the spear and that one comes with it's own problems according to Harry.

Yes, and Harry understands that and he won't use them except in the most dire of circumstances.
If he is forced into a duel to the death with Marcone/Namshiel, it will be dire..