Author Topic: Dresden and Lara  (Read 13225 times)

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden and Lara
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »
I don't see them ever being a lovey-dovey couple but more "friends with occasional benefits" who work together.

I think Lara will bail Harry out of various situations and require sex as compensation when she doesn't need something Wizardly at the time. We've already seen Harry start to feel the pull of debt obligations through his mantle. Lara will use that to her advantage in their personal and business interactions.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2021, 12:33:30 AM »
Yeah imho this will, best-case-scenario, be a purely political relationship with them being allies that help each other occasionally.

Though a small part of me almost wants Jim to go the route of Lara genuinely falling for Harry just for the sheer amount of existential dread that would cause him.

Because that would probably be about the most terrifying thing Harry could imagine.

(Not that I think it will happen, Lara isn't the type from what we've seen of her)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:43:07 AM by forumghost »

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2021, 01:50:10 AM »
See, another part of me wants that just so we can get the chapter were they explain all this to Thomas.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2021, 04:54:09 AM »
You know, I just thought of something. I think Jim is messing with some people in a way that I haven't seen discussed.

Some fans have had issue with Molly being a romantic intrest because of her father and Harry being good friends and people thinking that it makes it feel like Harry is Molly's uncle.

Now, Jim is marrying Harry and Lara, who are basically step siblings through Thomas.

I don't know if Jim is throwing it in people's faces that this is his story to tell or if it is an unintended thing, but I think it's funny either way because it's what is happening.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2021, 06:33:27 AM »
You know, I just thought of something. I think Jim is messing with some people in a way that I haven't seen discussed.

Some fans have had issue with Molly being a romantic intrest because of her father and Harry being good friends and people thinking that it makes it feel like Harry is Molly's uncle.

Now, Jim is marrying Harry and Lara, who are basically step siblings through Thomas.

I don't know if Jim is throwing it in people's faces that this is his story to tell or if it is an unintended thing, but I think it's funny either way because it's what is happening.
Historically gods and monsters do not worry about these things

The problem with Molly as a romantic interest used to be the age difference  and the master-pupil dependency.

Age difference becomes less of an issue when both persons get older.

Now the problem is that after each date Harry needs a few months of medical care but I am sure they can work around that  ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2021, 07:51:31 AM »
If history is any indicator, Lara is in for a bumpy ride. Does anyone have any idea if Lara is old enough to have been a contemporary of Mab's mortal part?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
If history is any indicator, Lara is in for a bumpy ride. Does anyone have any idea if Lara is old enough to have been a contemporary of Mab's mortal part?
From watch Corb tells in peace talks Mab was a contemporary of the original Merlin that is sixth century. We have a few hints about Lara’s past but they are never that old. From what I gather she is at most a few centuries old.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2021, 07:41:12 PM »
From watch Corb tells in peace talks Mab was a contemporary of the original Merlin that is sixth century. We have a few hints about Lara’s past but they are never that old. From what I gather she is at most a few centuries old.

I agree.  The portraits that Lord Raith painted of the women who gave birth to his children start in the 15th or 16th century.  That would appear to put a limit on her age of 500 - 600 years, but it could be much less than that.  I don't think it has ever been stated or even implied that Lara was LR's first child. 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2021, 05:47:30 AM »
I agree.  The portraits that Lord Raith painted of the women who gave birth to his children start in the 15th or 16th century.  That would appear to put a limit on her age of 500 - 600 years, but it could be much less than that.  I don't think it has ever been stated or even implied that Lara was LR's first child.

Especially since he's murdered all of his sons, accept for Thomas.  Lara was probably just his favorite, and possibly oldest daughter.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2021, 05:48:55 AM »

I don't know but Raith was said to be around 2,000 years old I think.  So it's possible.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.