Author Topic: Mavra and Harry in Grave Peril--Possibilities?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Mavra and Harry in Grave Peril--Possibilities?
« on: April 25, 2021, 04:34:12 PM »
I've been relistening to Grave Peril. At Bianca's party when Mavra appears on the stairs, she (it) mentions that she's glad they are finally meeting and they (Mavra and Harry) have a great deal in common and that they should talk.

“A pleasure,” Mavra whispered. “To meet you, at last, wizard. We should talk. I suspect we have much in common.”

With all the speculation about MM and the recent thread about Mavra and the Gray Council, I'm wondering about the possibility that Harry's decision that leads to MM is somehow connected to a conversation that he didn't have with Mavra in GP.

Possible thought...(and I think it's been suggested...) Mavra is Harry's grandmother (Eb's wife or lover). Explains Eb's hatred of vamps, Mavra's wizard skills and possible connection to WC--which suggests that others would know about Mavra (Listens to Wind, Martha, the Gatekeeper). Maybe, The Merlin and Eb were both in love with Mavra. (There always seems to be animosity between them). With all of the people in the know hesitant to discuss the Starborn stuff with Harry, it seems to me that there's more to the story than just a Starborn is this or that. (I know--obvious statement) With Starborn popping up all over the place, then maybe, Drakul's been manipulating things for a very long time to get to Harry's version of a Starborn, which could be waaaay scarier than other starborn. Makes me think of the Bene Gesserit in Herbert's Dune manipulating the bloodlines to get to the Kuizatz Haderach they want, but end of with something worse instead.

Ok. What do you think?

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mavra and Harry in Grave Peril--Possibilities?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 05:25:21 PM »
I've been relistening to Grave Peril. At Bianca's party when Mavra appears on the stairs, she (it) mentions that she's glad they are finally meeting and they (Mavra and Harry) have a great deal in common and that they should talk.

“A pleasure,” Mavra whispered. “To meet you, at last, wizard. We should talk. I suspect we have much in common.”

With all the speculation about MM and the recent thread about Mavra and the Gray Council, I'm wondering about the possibility that Harry's decision that leads to MM is somehow connected to a conversation that he didn't have with Mavra in GP.

Possible thought...(and I think it's been suggested...) Mavra is Harry's grandmother (Eb's wife or lover). Explains Eb's hatred of vamps, Mavra's wizard skills and possible connection to WC--which suggests that others would know about Mavra (Listens to Wind, Martha, the Gatekeeper). Maybe, The Merlin and Eb were both in love with Mavra. (There always seems to be animosity between them). With all of the people in the know hesitant to discuss the Starborn stuff with Harry, it seems to me that there's more to the story than just a Starborn is this or that. (I know--obvious statement) With Starborn popping up all over the place, then maybe, Drakul's been manipulating things for a very long time to get to Harry's version of a Starborn, which could be waaaay scarier than other starborn. Makes me think of the Bene Gesserit in Herbert's Dune manipulating the bloodlines to get to the Kuizatz Haderach they want, but end of with something worse instead.

Ok. What do you think?

Very possible, but at the same time Mavra might not want to totally alienate Harry right out the gate either.  Hence the sweet talk, "we have a lot in common..."  Both have magical talent, that they have in common, but do they have common goals?  Remains to be seen, but also stands to reason that Mavra would want to manipulate Harry, knowing what he is, before he knows and understands what he is.  Both sides are doing a lot of that, it is a power struggle between the White and the Black Court, Harry is the star born bone they are fighting over.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 10:07:18 PM »
I think the manipulation of bloodlines is definitely going on in the background. Harry is clearly of significant bloodlines, although I am not sure of all of them. Blood is so important in this series and bloodlines have come up a few times.

Not sure why Mavra and Harry have so much in common but I don't think it was due to a possible relation. Everything we have heard about Eb's wife is that she was mortal. And Eb's hatred of vampires is specific to the White Court, although he does detest the others.

More likely, I think she said it due to her connections to Justin and the Black Council, although she was pretending to mean talking about Harry's guests (and that he had one extra) - a bit of word play like the Fae use.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 05:58:53 AM »
great theory!

I think that Harry is not only a Starborn, but a direct relative of Merlin.  Those two things combined are what make him so important.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.