Author Topic: wag. Demonreach Prisoners and Tartarus  (Read 1080 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
wag. Demonreach Prisoners and Tartarus
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:53:50 PM »
"In Greek mythology, Campe or Kampe (Greek: Κάμπη) was a female monster. She was the guard, in Tartarus, of the Cyclopes and Hundred-Handers, whom Cronus, the ruler of the Titans, had imprisoned there. When it was prophesied to Zeus that he would be victorious in the Titanomachy—the great war against the Titans—with the help of Campe's prisoners, he killed Campe, freeing the Cyclopes and Hundred-Handers, who then helped Zeus defeat Cronus.[1]"

Mab mentioned that Harry would have influence over the Titan he imprisoned...  I wonder if Harry will use any of the prisoners the way Zeus used the prisoners of Tartarus...  I wonder if Hades no longer has dominion over the part of Tartarus that holds dark gods.....  That is in fact Demon Reach
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: wag. Demonreach Prisoners and Tartarus
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
"In Greek mythology, Campe or Kampe (Greek: Κάμπη) was a female monster. She was the guard, in Tartarus, of the Cyclopes and Hundred-Handers, whom Cronus, the ruler of the Titans, had imprisoned there. When it was prophesied to Zeus that he would be victorious in the Titanomachy—the great war against the Titans—with the help of Campe's prisoners, he killed Campe, freeing the Cyclopes and Hundred-Handers, who then helped Zeus defeat Cronus.[1]"

Mab mentioned that Harry would have influence over the Titan he imprisoned...  I wonder if Harry will use any of the prisoners the way Zeus used the prisoners of Tartarus...  I wonder if Hades no longer has dominion over the part of Tartarus that holds dark gods.....  That is in fact Demon Reach
Well Zeus' recruitment of the prisoners was less one of coercion and more one of talking them around to his side as I recall. The Cyclopes made weapons for him after while one of the Hecatoncheires took up gardening when not acting as Zeus' champion/chief backup dancer (no mention of whether or not he took up mountain juggling) or helping his siblings guard the Titans' cells against any attempts to escape.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:03:56 PM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.