Author Topic: Who is the North American warrior in BG?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Kram

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Who is the North American warrior in BG?
« on: January 24, 2021, 07:05:00 PM »
When Harry and Butters charged Ethniu at the last battle once Marcone arrived with everyone else from the south, Butters struck the helmet off a friendly who “... turned out to be a rather unremarkable-looking young woman with medium brown skin and the arched cheekbones and angular eyes of a native of the far northwest of North America, her face twisted with utter terror—and I saw it when the Sword passed, and its light burned that fear out of her. She blinked twice, as if waking up from a nap that had been plagued with a bad dream, set her jaw, and rose with her weapon in her hand. “Sir Knight,” she bade me, by way of greeting, gave me a short nod, and rose to drive her sword into the throat of an enemy soldier that lay on the ground...”

Who is this? Someone from the comics (I didn’t read those) or some other story I’ve missed? Seems like a significant mention since it put their very important charge on pause to describe what was a very normal thing that the Sword did for all friendlies on the battlefield.

Online vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the North American warrior in BG?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:47:32 AM »
It wasn't anyone significant in the Dresdenverse prior to the battle. Who knows(besides Jim) about the future?

The reason she was shown was because Jim has made an issue of the fact that the new recruits that Molly is gathering are bunches of kids.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 01:17:17 AM »
I think it's a reference to the Miksani children Molly took as tribute in Cold Case.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »
I also assumed it was one of those kids. It was actually a good reference I think, anyone who had not read cold case could read over it as an example of the swords power. But those who did got an example of how it mattered that the winter lady is recruiting fairy kids.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 12:20:18 PM »

Terra West in human form?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 05:29:33 PM »

Terra West in human form?
Doubt it. Harry should have recognized her, and I seriously doubt he'd describe Tera West as young looking.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
Doubt it. Harry should have recognized her, and I seriously doubt he'd describe Tera West as young looking.

She came to mind because she is the only one who remotely fits.. Now perhaps she had a daughter?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »
She came to mind because she is the only one who remotely fits.
An entire tribe of people associated with Molly fits the description.

medium brown skin and the arched cheekbones and angular eyes of a native of the far northwest of North America
These together indicate that he's not talking about someone from the continental US. The physical descriptions points to Alaskan native peoples. Maybe some Canadians.