Author Topic: [BG spoilers!!] Margaret LeFay  (Read 8092 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
[BG spoilers!!] Margaret LeFay
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:55:45 PM »
Anyone else felt that in BG Vadderung purposedly stopped the conversation before the Erkling said something that he did not want Harry to know? Something about Maggie, of course.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: [BG spoilers!!] Margaret LeFay
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 12:44:32 AM »
Anyone else felt that in BG Vadderung purposedly stopped the conversation before the Erkling said something that he did not want Harry to know? Something about Maggie, of course.

I really need to reread Battle Ground.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 01:00:14 AM »
Can you tell that I already began?  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 04:18:16 AM »
I'm still suspicious of Erlking, in the sense that I think he's got a second identity we've seen. 

I'm not sure what trouble Margaret would have caused the Erlking.  It might be interesting to consider what she would have been doing that would impact him. 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 04:57:17 AM »
And perhaps he was going to comment something relevant to the deal Margaret did with Lea.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 07:41:34 AM »
I'm still suspicious of Erlking, in the sense that I think he's got a second identity we've seen. 

I'm not sure what trouble Margaret would have caused the Erlking.  It might be interesting to consider what she would have been doing that would impact him.
The erlking is one of the suspects for the wolf belts.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »

you know who'd be funny? Eldest Gruff. He was noticably absent to me. I figured since Titania refused to show she'd send him as her... Well basically as her Leah. But if he was more obligated as a member of her accords then he'd have to wear that mask. He's a hunter but won't attend the wild hunt? Maybe EK takes precedence there too? It seems to appear as his main power source in DB. That... That could be a joke told to Harry for him to figure out actually. Mentioning both of them in the same attendence. I wouldn't even put it past Kringle to invite him knowing he'd have to find a way to politely decline as some kinda fae game.
*Am I right in thinking they've never appeared on screen together?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 11:32:22 AM »
you know who'd be funny? Eldest Gruff. He was noticably absent to me. I figured since Titania refused to show she'd send him as her... Well basically as her Leah. But if he was more obligated as a member of her accords then he'd have to wear that mask. He's a hunter but won't attend the wild hunt? Maybe EK takes precedence there too? It seems to appear as his main power source in DB. That... That could be a joke told to Harry for him to figure out actually. Mentioning both of them in the same attendence. I wouldn't even put it past Kringle to invite him knowing he'd have to find a way to politely decline as some kinda fae game.
*Am I right in thinking they've never appeared on screen together?
Eldy Gru and Erl both attended Harry's birthday party at Arctis Tor, didn't they? Erl invited him hunting, if I recall.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 12:08:56 PM »
Eldy Gru and Erl both attended Harry's birthday party at Arctis Tor, didn't they? Erl invited him hunting, if I recall.
ahh.. I don't recall lol. I Thought only Gruff was there? And Kringle talked about EK? I'm going to have to reread that.. unless someone has their book handy. I was thinking just now that EG sent EKs regards to Harry, which would be another irony.. gonna go find my book lol.
*Nope, your right, they were both there... Mmm,
The only other person I thought of for him was his possible original person being Arthur. isn't there a Woj he used to be human? Lol, and EG I think is Ole billy goat shakespeare. It would explain why he was able to make Titania see the purpose in her tragedy, it's a particular specialty. But someone else whose been onscreen? Mmm...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:15:38 PM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »
Eldest Gruff was being diplomatic, he has defeated three Senior Council members but was stalemated by Harry and a doughnut.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:07 PM »
Why was the Erl King declared a Vassal of Winter?  He was Wild Fae in the other books.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Lehane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 05:20:45 PM »

The Erlking did say that Harry being LeFay's child made Harry's "visit" to his domain make more sense.

Said visit was in Changes when Harry & Susan were being chased by the Ebs, their Red Court Vampire entourage, and the Ik'k'oux.

Margaret Lefay likely dropped in unexpectedly a few times with some antagonistic +1's.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
The Erlking did say that Harry being LeFay's child made Harry's "visit" to his domain make more sense.

Said visit was in Changes when Harry & Susan were being chased by the Ebs, their Red Court Vampire entourage, and the Ik'k'oux.

Margaret Lefay likely dropped in unexpectedly a few times with some antagonistic +1's.
Sure, but the link to his domain in Chicago is the fbi building. It's probably similar elsewhere, with a focus on links to places involving hunting. 

What business would Margaret have had in such places?  Seeing as she was a woman on the run from one group or another for most of her adult life?

I'm not saying it's impossible, in just curious what she was up to.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 09:59:49 PM »
Sure, but the link to his domain in Chicago is the fbi building. It's probably similar elsewhere, with a focus on links to places involving hunting. 

What business would Margaret have had in such places?  Seeing as she was a woman on the run from one group or another for most of her adult life?

She was not on the run her whole life. The difficulty with the glimpses of Margaret’s life we get is that they are difficult to place chronologically.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Lehane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 10:22:23 PM »

I read that particular comment by the Erlking to suggest Harry was "a chip off the old block" in that she had done similar things to The Erlking in the past.

Which does bring the question of what she was running from. (Aside from the White Court.)