Author Topic: The Next Book's Title  (Read 11403 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Book's Title
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2020, 07:46:35 AM »
Him, Disney's Gargoyles? Will there be a Goliath?

I suspect one will be called Brutus, who if is true to Jim’s Pitbull of the same name he will imperil bad guys by trying to chew their shoes while wearing them and looking cute. Fortunately as evil is always afoot, the bad guys need their shoes. Next best choice is Fenris, after Jim’s cat who totally dominates Brutus. It’s funny but it is real life imitating art, Fenris and Brutus do recreate the Mister and Mouse dynamic.

But yes Gargoyles is the inspiration (why do they cancel the great stuff) and a pack of Stone Pitbulls led by Mouse protecting Maggie and the Castle is a terrific idea, you know Harry will name them, and we already have a precedent with Ancient Mai’s, Stone Foo Dogs. Indeed this would be Harry flipping the bird at the White Council.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »
Why do they cancel great stuff? The sad truth is merchandise sales. DC had some great shows on Cartoon Network, the ratings were high for them, and they canceled them because the toy sales sucked.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 03:12:11 PM »

I predict that there is going to be a trial.  That for the moment Rudolph will cobble together enough evidence to arrest Harry.  Harry will defended by no less than Queen Mab herself in her lawyer mode.  There will be a real Perry Mason moment where on a blistering/frosty cross examination, Mab will get Rudolph to confess he set Harry up, who's behind it, and confess to killing Murphy.  He won't be prosecuted because he will be deemed mentally incompetent. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 05:18:01 PM »
Considering how well connected his bride to be is there is not likely to be. Trial, but there will be a reckoning for Rudy in Twelve Months. Remember this is about catharsis and healing.

Marcone won’t move against Harry over Skin Game, as Harry knows about Thorned Namshiel and doesn’t want that broadcast.

I wonder though, after Christmas Eve will we see Harry in therapy?

Therapist “you have this delusion that you can do magic?”

Harry “look into my eyes”
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 05:35:10 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 05:34:27 PM »
Considering how well connected his bride to be is there is not likely to be. Trial, but there will be a reckoning for Rudy in Twelve Months. Remember this is about catharsis and healing.

Marcone won’t move against Harry over Skin Game, as Harry knows about Thorned Namshiel and doesn’t want that broadcast.

Harry will realize that Rudy is insane, and forgive him, which is healing. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »
Harry ends up in the same group therapy as Rudy.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 09:30:07 PM »
Harry ends up in the same group therapy as Rudy.

Oh that would really go over well... :o

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 09:31:23 PM »
I know this may be the unpopular theory right now, but I don't think Rudy will have anything happen to him. He will deny doing anything about it, his psych being broken because of all the events of BG
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2020, 09:43:50 PM »
I think he won't have legal troubles (after all, there is no body, all was a chaos that night, and the only witness is...a wizard) but I think he will try to kill Dresden.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:23 PM »
I think he won't have legal troubles (after all, there is no body, all was a chaos that night, and the only witness is...a wizard) but I think he will try to kill Dresden.

I could see his paranoid delusions taking that turn. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 12:00:43 AM »

I'd be kind of disappointed if Harry starts leaning on Lara's political connections. It would be too much like embracing the arrangement, torpedo any chance of reconciling with Eb, and be a bad look in front of any Librarians investigating how much the Raiths have compromised the system. Plus, he'd probably owe Lara.

Although on the topic of favors, did Murphy actually ever use the marker Lara offered her for keeping Raith business off the police blotter in BR? Even if vampire favors aren't inheritable like fae ones, perhaps Lara would consider herself obligated to make sure Rudy doesn't get away with it just to settle her account, rather than as a favor to Harry. Or ... does the favour stay banked until Murphy comes back as an Einherjar?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 12:29:03 AM »
I think Lara would want to kill Rudolph herself just because she liked Murphy. I am sure she would have fed him to Thomas if she could but of course Harry won't allow it. But perhaps...he is not told. Still, death by Lara is a better death than Rudolph deserves, so perhaps it would be better if she just asks Freydis  :)

Also, I believe that the White Court arrangement will provide Harry the protection status that the White Council won't, even when many of his friends won't be thrilled for that. So, Harry will need it. Besides, what good would the engagement be for Mab if the two courts won't be seen as allies?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 12:42:57 AM »
I know this may be the unpopular theory right now, but I don't think Rudy will have anything happen to him. He will deny doing anything about it, his psych being broken because of all the events of BG
That is what I fear.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 01:05:46 AM »
I'd be kind of disappointed if Harry starts leaning on Lara's political connections.
  I doubt he will, but that doesn't mean Lara or Mab won't step in anyways.  For a hypothetical example, Harry gets accused of Murphy's murder by Rudy.  He's at the station being questioned.  Now leaning on that connection would mean he would call on them to come help him.  I SERIOUSLY doubt Harry would do that.  What would happen is the questioning would be interrupted by a high dollar lawyer (sent by Lara or Mab) and that lawyer takes care of the situation.  Afterwards Harry might even act a bit miffed about it.  Or just decide "Hey, I am the winter knight/Lara fiancee, that might as well be good for something".  But calling on them when in trouble will never be his go-to play.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 01:35:01 AM »
Still, death by Lara is a better death than Rudolph deserves, so perhaps it would be better if she just asks Freydis  :)

Lara probably could swing getting him convicted in court if she decided proper justice would discharge her favor ... her young cousin from Jury Duty has that DA wrapped around her finger. Narratively, Butters convincing Harry not to murder him in vengeance loses some punch if his new dark friends get it done for him without getting his hands personally dirty.

On the other hand, if Rudy keeps up his grudge against Harry over Twelve Months and Lara finds that getting in the way of her use for him, she's got another option that's nastier than eating him herself and more discrete than Freydis. Rudy's a cop who's seen too much, carrying at least one guilty secret and with access to a gun. Any Skavis would probably more or less duplicate her "is he a present?" reaction to Carlos the virgin.