Author Topic: Bonea  (Read 8253 times)

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Bonea
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 02:04:20 PM »
Not really usable the whole year round.

Not for most normal people but when she goes through her goth phase it will be normal. Mostly agree with this though

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »
Bonea should be able to call ectoplasm from the Never Never and animate that around her skull in the form of a human body. Bob should be able to do this as well, stay in the skull safe but also able to fully interact with mortals, except during dawn. However Bob’s sanctum appears to have additional controlling enchantments on this which may prevent this, not sure if Bonea’s has these restrictions. If Bonea manifested it would be the form we saw in Harry’s dream in Skin Game where he realises what she actually is.

However that form reflects all the women that Harry has loved, of whom only Elaine still lives. I don’t expect Bonea to incarnate until Harry is at peace with that, perhaps after Mirror Mirror.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:08:41 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 01:52:01 AM »
Not for most normal people
Also, most normal people don't live in a friggin' castle.

Bonea should be able to call ectoplasm from the Never Never and animate that around her skull in the form of a human body. Bob should be able to do this as well.
What do you mean by should? That Jim should have written it that way or that Jim has written the story world that way?

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 03:12:14 AM »
Bonea is a young spirit of intellect that does not comprehend how the information she knows interacts in the real world.  she at this point is learning the basics of the world from her older sister as shown in the first chapter where the two are trying to make pan cakes at the behest of uncle Thomas.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 03:24:48 AM »
Add a spirit vessel enchantment when repairing the hole in the roof. Boom, wizardly smart home.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 06:08:26 AM »
I know Bonnie doesn't necessarily have the same enchantments as Bob... But I just realized how crazy it is to leave her with Maggie all the time.. like, does that mean her and Maggie share the connection Bob and his master usually do?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 09:57:38 AM »
By the rules Jim has written yes Bonea should be able to do this. It was a shock when Bob animated the lion statue, not something we have seen before, he had only animated the Skull and Bob has also imbued items with magical energy for Butters.

Other disembodied spirits have drawn ectoplasm from the Never Never (Binders Goons, the Nightmare etc ) so there is no reason Bonea can’t, it is something the Fallen did when shapeshifting to increase mass, so she should have this knowledge but  it is useless as a vessel because dawn would wipe it away, but using a vessel inside the construct would allow Harry to interact with Bonea in the same way as with Maggie. Just don’t hug her when dawn breaks. That’s the benefit of using skulls as vessels.

Of course if Bonea does it then Bob would be able to gain this knowledge, but without knowing his parents it is unclear currently if he has the knowledge to draw ectoplasm. His construct would look like Butters younger brother based on SG.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 05:01:17 PM »
Other disembodied spirits have drawn ectoplasm from the Never Never.
But some, such as Ulshavaras, can't. That's why Harry had to have the cabbage patch doll.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2020, 07:55:27 PM »
But as the scion of a fallen and a Wizard who fleshed out a dinosaur she has this knowledge from both parents.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2020, 08:35:01 PM »
But as the scion of a fallen and a Wizard who fleshed out a dinosaur she has this knowledge from both parents.
But I got from ghost story that it is not necessarily a wise or even sane idea.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2020, 09:57:27 PM »
I don't know if knowledge alone is sufficient to allow it. Did Ushavaras lack knowledge or capability?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 10:43:39 PM »
I don't know if knowledge alone is sufficient to allow it. Did Ushavaras lack knowledge or capability?
Or maybe just did not want to?
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 10:57:06 PM »
Or maybe just did not want to?
It's specifically stated that she can't.

The oracle spirit couldn't put together a body for herself, not even a nebulous cloud of light, like Bob could.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 12:06:20 AM »
There is a difference between manifesting a body from ectoplasm and animating a form from everyday matter. This is gone into in depth in Down Town, some sprits may require the everyday matter to anchor themselves in the material world, both Bob and Bonea do not, some spirits may not have the power, it is unknown.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 06:31:03 PM »
They should both be able to animate objects. I don't see a reason their sanctums would be excluded from that or that their sanctums can't have arms and legs. I haven't said otherwise. I was just responding to what you said. And that was about ectoplasm.

Bonea should be able to call ectoplasm from the Never Never and animate that around her skull in the form of a human body. Bob should be able to do this as well, stay in the skull safe but also able to fully interact with mortals, except during dawn.
Emphasis added.