Author Topic: Bonea  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Bonea
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »
What you are suggesting is something like a ventriloquists doll. Not creepy at all.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2020, 08:54:05 PM »
By the rules Jim has written yes Bonea should be able to do this. It was a shock when Bob animated the lion statue, not something we have seen before, he had only animated the Skull and Bob has also imbued items with magical energy for Butters.

Other disembodied spirits have drawn ectoplasm from the Never Never (Binders Goons, the Nightmare etc ) so there is no reason Bonea can’t, it is something the Fallen did when shapeshifting to increase mass, so she should have this knowledge but  it is useless as a vessel because dawn would wipe it away, but using a vessel inside the construct would allow Harry to interact with Bonea in the same way as with Maggie. Just don’t hug her when dawn breaks. That’s the benefit of using skulls as vessels.

Of course if Bonea does it then Bob would be able to gain this knowledge, but without knowing his parents it is unclear currently if he has the knowledge to draw ectoplasm. His construct would look like Butters younger brother based on SG.
Bob doesn't appear to do magic directly and I suspect the same for Bonea. So he couldn't conjure a body from the Never Never assuming that is true. Have I missed something in the text?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2020, 09:55:27 PM »
What you are suggesting is something like a ventriloquists doll. Not creepy at all.
I wasn't thinking that, but now I really want to see it. Also it's not my idea. I've seen others suggest it here in the past. I've always imagined something more along the lines of a mechanical man or one of those little artist's mannequins only bigger and more detailed, at least for the hands and feet.

Bob doesn't appear to do magic directly.
There are somethings that could be characterized as magic, especially the stuff Evil Bob has done, but we haven't seen him do much. I'm thinking about going into the Nevernever, the little death thing he did to Harry, and pretty much everything in Ghost Story either of them did. And didn't Harry suggest that Bob was powering all the spells that Butters was doing in SG?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 11:49:40 PM »
I'm unsure but, maybe, I just don't think so.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2020, 02:06:26 AM »
There is really nothing to worry about with Bonea!! After all, what trouble could a Spirit of Intellect who is the product of a Fallen and a Starborn Wizard get into. It isn't like she has perfect recall and has knowledge of untold secrets as well as soulfire, hellfire, Kemmler's word, etc or anything. Sheesh!! Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 03:00:36 AM »
Bob was powering all the spells that Butters was doing in SG?
but that was all I believe, Butters was using him as a battery to make up for his lack of natural store. Harry said Bob must have versed butters in all his old artifice spells.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2020, 04:02:33 AM »
@Morris & The_Sibelis: Yeah. I don't think we have enough to say what an SoI is or isn't capable of. I really doubt Bob can make a body out of ectoplasm and just lacks the knowledge of how to.

Bob obviously does "magic" because he moves the skull and the books. He's not doing it with magnets. But I don't think he can just do spells. My theory is that his magic is a different magic than a wizards.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2020, 05:10:28 AM »
Bob protected Murphy in Changes. But it is not in Bob’s nature to manifest that way. He is a lab assistent, a magic counselor. We will probably never know whether he can because he does not need to.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2020, 09:10:16 AM »
I think Harry's treatment of Bonnie will come back to bite him. She will realise soon how differently she is treated than Maggie is. Maggie is publicly acknowledged as Harrys daughter to his family and friends , she goes to school, hangs out with Mouse, has her own room, will get xmas and birthday gifts. Bonnie doesn't.

Theres no way thats not going to cause resentment of Maggie by Bonea. We have seen a big bad who locked away and hidden by her father, look how that turned out.

WAG about Bonnie and a body. She can possess people and will eventually find a way to Amanda Beckitt/persephone, it's going to look as though a miracle has happened and she has a reawakening. Harry trying to stop her puts him in Marcone's crosshairs.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2020, 10:46:56 AM »
I'm still slightly disappointed butters hasn't figured out a way to use the faithsaber to power things, then he could really do some jedi tricks lol

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »
Theres no way thats not going to cause resentment of Maggie by Bonea.
I don't know. Bonnie isn't human. I'm personally disappointed "the offspring" isn't treated as such at all, but I don't think they should be treated the same. They should both be cared for and acknowledged (but probably not publicly for a sundry of reasons).

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »
Yes, they definitely should not be treated the same , however that's still going to affect the relationship between the family members. 

I suppose it will boil down to how Bonnie see herself, does she view herself as Harry's offspring and have the expectation of a father daughter relationship, or will she grow to expect one because that's how she sees Harry and Maggie interacting.

You see it all the time in normal families. One child may require a different form/more attention . Its not the kids fault and it is completely unfair but it still affects and shapes them. Its a sad situation.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »
Yes, they definitely should not be treated the same , however that's still going to affect the relationship between the family members. 

I suppose it will boil down to how Bonnie see herself, does she view herself as Harry's offspring and have the expectation of a father daughter relationship, or will she grow to expect one because that's how she sees Harry and Maggie interacting.

You see it all the time in normal families. One child may require a different form/more attention . Its not the kids fault and it is completely unfair but it still affects and shapes them. Its a sad situation.
I am not too pessimistic. What is nice is that Maggie and Bonea can get along well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]