Author Topic: Harry's New House Set Up  (Read 11833 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's New House Set Up
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
It is clear that the Sword has been given to Harry to do as he wishes, and the Sword in the Stone myth does actually reinforce the “powered by an Angel” theory Harry has been putting forth. The angel decides whether someone is worthy or not.

I think Harry has known for sometime that the Swords powered by angels was no theory.  Beginning in Changes, at C.I. Murphy becomes an avenging angel's sock puppet, she wanted no part of the Knight's of the Cross gig after that, at least not for herself.  It was clear all through Battle Ground that Butters was channeling warrior angels the whole time he fought.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 07:52:10 PM »
He needs a nice, big, round table for meetings with whatever new group he's going to throw together because... uhh... references, I guess.  ;D 8) ;) ::)
And he needs a mattress with it, so he can have Nights on the Round Table...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
I am entirely sure that he will do just that, problably either using more snarky or angry language, depending on the type of day he is having at the time.
He'll probably fart in their general direction from the battlements.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 09:42:51 PM »
I will be very disappointed if Harry doesn't throw out at least a couple of Holy Grail references.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2020, 10:49:12 PM »
I will be very disappointed if Harry doesn't throw out at least a couple of Holy Grail references.

Yeah, when Harry shouted "YOU MAY NOT CROSS THIS BRIDGE!"  I was thinking the Evil Wizard Tim, but then I realized it was Gandalf in Lord of the Rings... Sigh..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 11:44:55 PM »
Didn't he say "you shall not pass!"?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 03:03:56 AM »
Didn't he say "you shall not pass!"?

Yeah, your right, I was paraphrasing.. But the Evil Wizard Tim did too.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »
Harry loved his original Star Wars film poster, now he can get the original Trilogy, as well as others, all nicely framed up. He has an awful lot of wall space now.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail would doubtless be on the list. What others? Highlander I think as he used it to mock Nick. Frozen would also be on the list (to Maggie’s Delight and to have a jibe at Mab)

Lord of the Rings Triology obviously. Spider-Man (Sam Raimi) Trilogy. the MCU films (he is still two years away from Dr Strange)

Indeed with the Great Hall add a cinema screen and see if the Swartalves can make him a cinema projector (and popcorn machine) failing that for Bob to project upon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:37:03 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2020, 08:58:25 AM »
Throw in a Faraday cage to keep electronics in? Will that keep his Murphyonic Field at bay? He CAN walk around electricity, so he would not likely blow OUT a fiber optic link, though maybe create interference when he passes it.. to the computers are off when Harry is home, but Maggie and Bob can play while he is away. And the movie projector projects thru the cage?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
Harry’s Murphyonic Field can be contained by an active circle, and it doesn’t just affect electronics it affects all tech, Harry prefers the older tech of a revolver over an automatic as the latter have a tendency to jam around him.

Not sure if it extends to medicine, modern drugs fail to work on a wizard but oldies like aspirin or morphine do. We know aspirin does.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 03:07:22 PM »
Harry’s Murphyonic Field can be contained by an active circle, and it doesn’t just affect electronics it affects all tech, Harry prefers the older tech of a revolver over an automatic as the latter have a tendency to jam around him.

Not sure if it extends to medicine, modern drugs fail to work on a wizard but oldies like aspirin or morphine do. We know aspirin does.

Some antidotes to mushroom toxins as well.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2020, 05:30:16 PM »

Some antidotes to mushroom toxins as well.

Yes, Harry should know that it works if it is a traditional remedy, rather than a high tech designer drug.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2020, 02:32:35 AM »

Star Wars poster would have rotted if it was just destroying everything made with post-ww2 tech instead of mechanical things.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2020, 02:43:38 AM »
Yes, Harry should know that it works if it is a traditional remedy, rather than a high tech designer drug.

In Grave Peril he did take something that would slow the toxin, but I believe he ended up in the hospital for the complete antidote..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2020, 05:33:41 PM »
Star Wars poster would have rotted if it was just destroying everything made with post-ww2 tech instead of mechanical things.

The printing technology is old, so it wouldn’t have rotted even if it is newer than WW2. If someone built for Harry a replica of the Blue Beetle it would still work even though brand new because the tech isn’t. Harry could use a modern replica pocket watch provided it has a clockwork as opposed to quartz movement.