Author Topic: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?  (Read 41236 times)

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2020, 04:04:40 AM »

I know, Harry can let Thomas out of jail, Mab can heal him and then marry him, the White Court/Winter Court alliance would still be good.  I've never heard that Thomas and Justine were married.

A possible avenue but isn't Thomas being eaten by his Hunger? So much so that Lara said it would kill him? I thought that was one strong reason Harry put him in crystal, to stop the Hunger as well as prevent location spell work. Does any in Winter or the White Court care about human marriage?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »
A possible avenue but isn't Thomas being eaten by his Hunger? So much so that Lara said it would kill him? I thought that was one strong reason Harry put him in crystal, to stop the Hunger as well as prevent location spell work. Does any in Winter or the White Court care about human marriage?

This is what happens when I post on little sleep, a "cure" is found, or at the very least, Mab puts the Hunger to sleep, I think she can do that, until he is fed.  Thomas is "fed" by volunteers under Mab's supervision, back to normal, the wedding takes place.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2020, 03:24:45 PM »

There is something going on between Lara and Molly, whether it's simply a matter of Molly not wanting Lara to have Harry or something unknown to us.  However if looks could kill, turn you into an ice cube and ship you off to Siberia, that is the stare that Molly gave Lara when they landed on shore after battling the Kracken.  Molly wasn't happy about the marriage proposal/order, that much is clear, but
unlike Harry, she knows better than to fight the boss, and kept Harry from doing the same. 

If the marriage doesn't happen it will be because Molly will have come up with a solution that won't allow it.  I know, Harry can let Thomas out of jail, Mab can heal him and then marry him, the White Court/Winter Court alliance would still be good.  I've never heard that Thomas and Justine were married.
And I hope that doesn't happen at all because A.) I'm looking forward to the dumpster fire that is a Harry/Lara wedding and marriage (oh, the humor that could be found in just the wedding alone!), and B.) I'm in the group that doesn't particularly care for Harry/Molly at all, so anything that delays or eliminates the chances of that is good to me. Different strokes and all that.
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »
And I hope that doesn't happen at all because A.) I'm looking forward to the dumpster fire that is a Harry/Lara wedding and marriage (oh, the humor that could be found in just the wedding alone!), and B.) I'm in the group that doesn't particularly care for Harry/Molly at all, so anything that delays or eliminates the chances of that is good to me. Different strokes and all that.

I whole heartedly agree with both points. Molly has stated that she has moved on and Harry has never had those feelings for her. Keep Molly a robust character and don't nerf her like that. A dumpster fire wedding would be fuel for so much!!!!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
I whole heartedly agree with both points. Molly has stated that she has moved on and Harry has never had those feelings for her. Keep Molly a robust character and don't nerf her like that. A dumpster fire wedding would be fuel for so much!!!!
Mab has to die for that pairing first.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »
Mab has to die for that pairing first.

Or Mother Winter

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »

When did she say that she has moved on?
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »
Or Mother Winter
It is not wise to walk without your stick at that age.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »
When did she say that she has moved on?

I think it was in Cold Days when they were riding in the Munster Mobile after Molly saved Harry from Lacuna. Not exactly sure though.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2020, 05:21:06 PM »
I think it was in Cold Days when they were riding in the Munster Mobile after Molly saved Harry from Lacuna. Not exactly sure though.

No, she was telling him that she was still willing to be with him. That if he wanted her, she was willing. He told her no, not like that. That if/when it happens, it will be better than that, that she deserves better than that.

I don't think there is any scene in which she has moved on or tells him that she has moved on.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2020, 05:24:06 PM »
No, she was telling him that she was still willing to be with him. That if he wanted her, she was willing. He told her no, not like that. That if/when it happens, it will be better than that, that she deserves better than that.

I don't think there is any scene in which she has moved on or tells him that she has moved on.

I stand corrected

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »
Is she talking about this here in BG?

Molly gave me a faint, grim smile and shook her head. “No. I get it. Losing someone you feel that way about. Having them taken away. It changes you for a while.”

I looked at her and winced.

I started to apologize.

She saw it coming, and smiled and shook her head firmly, even while tears formed in her eyes. “We’ve dealt with that already. That was pain and it happened and it was real and necessary, and now it’s in the past.”

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
Hard to say, but the last thing she will want to admit to anyone, especially with Mab's ears being everywhere that she has feelings for Harry.  Molly isn't dumb, also the last person she'd want to know, is Harry.  That wouldn't turn out well for either one of them.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »

My take on that was that she was talking about the suicide setup back in Changes. That's what she went through, loving Harry and then him being taken away from her with his death. She wasn't right for awhile, probably still isn't

Offline Mogley123

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2020, 08:08:42 PM »
I was reading post talking about pagans and whether or not it was a defensive term I consider myself a pagan I don't find a defensive what I found fensive is when they said that pagans have no belief system of their own while I certainly do