Author Topic: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?  (Read 41420 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry and Lara new pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 01:24:00 PM »
I strongly dislike it.  Lara is on Harry’s “lesser evil” punch list.  Making her his romantic partner contradicts that and undermines her “evil” view of Humanity as herd animals for the use of the White Court.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:47:36 PM by SerScot »
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 01:41:13 PM »
Harry marries with Lara and lives with Gard.

As long as it is lowkey Mab wouldn't mind. Giving Lara's habits she might call it symmetry. And for that reason Lara wouldn't mind either, if she wants to be a proper vampire.

The only question is: Would Gard go for that?

I thing Gard likes Harry and respects him but I do not think she sees him as a potential lover. Freydis however.....

Freydis saw Murphy as a potential lover, not Harry.  I don't know in Heorot Gard gave Harry a very sweet lingering kiss on the lips in answer to his question about Valkyries being virgins.  I think Lara would be a total disaster, and if she is being put forward because Thomas is out of the picture for a while I think that is a huge mistake.  Unless she falls so deeply in love with him it burns out her Hunger, but that didn't happen in the case of Thomas, so unlikely.   But yeah, they have some things in common but their species view of things do not match at all.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »
I strongly dislike it.  Lara is on Harry’s “lesser evil” punch list.  Making her his romantic partner contradicts that and undermines her “evil” view of Humanity as herd animals for the use of the White Court.
Whatever partnership they will or will not have it won't be romantic.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 01:51:33 PM »
Whatever partnership they will or will not have it won't be romantic.

Not at all, but the sex may be great.. ::)  However I cannot see Harry allowing Lara to feed on him. Not even a nibble, and as far as that goes, I cannot see Lara holding back from feeding either.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 01:53:48 PM »
Freydis saw Murphy as a potential lover, not Harry.  I don't know in Heorot Gard gave Harry a very sweet lingering kiss on the lips in answer to his question about Valkyries being virgins.  I think Lara would be a total disaster, and if she is being put forward because Thomas is out of the picture for a while I think that is a huge mistake.  Unless she falls so deeply in love with him it burns out her Hunger, but that didn't happen in the case of Thomas, so unlikely.   But yeah, they have some things in common but their species view of things do not match at all.
This is Mab's idea and in her view an alliance between winter and the white court will help a lot when she has to concentrate on the gates and it will also strengthen Harry's position and make him less vulnerable for the white council.

She might underestimate how much Eb runs on emotion and not on ratio.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »
Not at all, but the sex may be great.. ::)  However I cannot see Harry allowing Lara to feed on him. Not even a nibble, and as far as that goes, I cannot see Lara holding back from feeding either.
I can not see Mab allowing it either. An alliance with a marriage is one thing. An alliance with Mab providing livestock for Lara is something else.

But they can try IVF  ;D
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 01:56:48 PM »
This is Mab's idea and in her view an alliance between winter and the white court will help a lot when she has to concentrate on the gates and it will also strengthen Harry's position and make him less vulnerable for the white council.

She might underestimate how much Eb runs on emotion and not on ratio.

Next Microfiction: Eb receiving his wedding invitation.

I can not see Mab allowing it either. An alliance with a marriage is one thing. An alliance with Mab providing livestock for Lara is something else.

Mab is the oldest of the old school, I can't see her letting Harry get away with not... ahem "making it official", but no, I don't think she'd let Lara just eat Harry either.

Doing so would be very bad for this alliance Lara wants after all.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:59:47 PM by forumghost »

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:38 PM »
Mab's little allegory about Goldilocks and the porridge, from the start of Peace Talks, makes more sense now that we know what Lara's first request was.

I'd still love to know what Lara did to earn those favors.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »

I think it is a huge mistake on Mab's part.  1] Further isolate Harry from the White Council, something Eb was afraid of. And guarantee they would try to execute him, and aren't they members of the Accords also?  Or is something else a foot because no representatives were present at the first summit post battle.  There are already close ties to the White Court so what is the point of a marriage?  And does she think she can really prevent Lara from using Harry as her personal sippy cup?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
I mean I don't know that Mab's particularly concerned with the White Council's opinion at this point, in particular when they did piss-all to help out in the Battle and then voted to boot Harry in spite of what he just did.

In addition, this makes Harry less vulnerable to the White Council's retaliation, because it makes him a key part of an official alliance between the White Court and the Winter Court, meaning that if they decide to axe him for jaywalking like they obviously want to, they have to weigh that against the risks of fighting the White Court (as well as the Winter Court), since he's now become an important part of Lara's power structure.

As far as Lara eating him is concerned, she's probably not to bothered since Lara killing him outright would be a bad move in this case (yeah, just murder a high ranking member of Mab's court under the pretense of an alliance Lara, see what happens) and if Harry lets himself get thralled he probably isn't worth the effort anyway.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:37:34 PM by forumghost »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 02:34:04 PM »
I mean I don't know that Mab's particularly concerned with the White Council's opinion at this point, in particular when they did piss-all to help out in the Battle and then voted to boot Harry in spite of what he just did.

In addition, this makes Harry less vulnerable to the White Council's retaliation, because it makes him a key part of an official alliance between the White Court and the Winter Court.

So if they decide to axe him for jaywalking like they obviously want to, they have to weigh that against the risks of fighting the White Court, since he's now become an important part of Lara's power structure.
They don’t worry that much about the white court. It is winter that is worrying them. Except for the gatekeeper of course, he knows what is going on.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »
They don’t worry that much about the white court. It is winter that is worrying them. Except for the gatekeeper of course, he knows what is going on.

I mean yeah, but it's like, they're already committed to fighting the Formor, do you think they want to risk Mab, and the Whites (who, like the Reds can fight the Council on fairly even terms all told) and whatever else Harry can pull out of his ass? It's just another factor of "this guy is more trouble then he's worth"

The fact that it also isolates Harry from the White Council and will likely force him to compromise himself even more is probably a nice benefit though (from Mab's PoV).

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 03:17:25 PM »
I think this is Jim and he loves to punish Harry. So I can see Harry and Lara getting together on occasion and then 2 or 3 books down the line  they touch casually and burn each other.

Trouble with each other as they realize they have slowly spiraled together. Trouble with Eb when he finds out it's no longer a Marriage in Name only. Trouble with a White Court Rebellion. And finally big time Trouble with Molly.

That's enough for it's own book right there but you know this will all play out while dealing with some major threat, like getting the Walker out of Justine or ooohh even better , the child.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 03:33:11 PM »
I think this is Jim and he loves to punish Harry. So I can see Harry and Lara getting together on occasion and then 2 or 3 books down the line  they touch casually and burn each other.

Trouble with each other as they realize they have slowly spiraled together. Trouble with Eb when he finds out it's no longer a Marriage in Name only. Trouble with a White Court Rebellion. And finally big time Trouble with Molly.

That's enough for it's own book right there but you know this will all play out while dealing with some major threat, like getting the Walker out of Justine or ooohh even better , the child.

First, how would they burn each other? Harry's not a Wamp.

Second, interesting idea about the child. Bind the Walker to the child where it can't do anything. Have the demon feed on the Walker.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »
First, how would they burn each other? Harry's not a Wamp.

Harry will burn her unless he gets another lover between now and then.  True love's protection with Murphy can last for years.