Author Topic: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?  (Read 41293 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2020, 07:05:52 PM »
It seems everyone's death is foreshadowed more than once.
Empty Night
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
And Mab's dead is foreshadowed more than once.

Problem with that logic is that people thought Murphy was foreshadowed to be a Knight. She put the sword in danger. People said it was foreshadowed that she would be upgraded to be a Valkyrie. She's now D.E.D dead. Maybe instead of her dying, it's that the stone table is broken and all the queens powers abandon all of them
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2020, 07:55:07 PM »
Problem with that logic is that people thought Murphy was foreshadowed to be a Knight. She put the sword in danger. People said it was foreshadowed that she would be upgraded to be a Valkyrie. She's now D.E.D dead. Maybe instead of her dying, it's that the stone table is broken and all the queens powers abandon all of them

Murphy was foreshadowed to be a Knight, but for one night only.  She was never foreshadowed to be a Valkyrie.  Gard told her she could work for Marcone, and that Vadderung would be interested also, her hair color was even right.  However she never said she'd like Murphy to become one of her sisters, i.e. Valkyrie.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
Murphy was foreshadowed to be a Knight, but for one night only.  She was never foreshadowed to be a Valkyrie.  Gard told her she could work for Marcone, and that Vadderung would be interested also, her hair color was even right.  However she never said she'd like Murphy to become one of her sisters, i.e. Valkyrie.

Right. I'm just pointing out how far people go with their versions of foreshadowing. They fight hard for it and it grows in other people's versions and somehow it becomes truth to what's going to happen. And then Jim laughs at us and says NOPE. It's my story and I want to see you cry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2020, 08:26:17 PM »
Right. I'm just pointing out how far people go with their versions of foreshadowing. They fight hard for it and it grows in other people's versions and somehow it becomes truth to what's going to happen. And then Jim laughs at us and says NOPE. It's my story and I want to see you cry.
Oh Mab dying will cause a lot of crying.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
I am curious on this. Jim has started telling people that Fix and Sarrisa are/we're an item, like she was the one in bed with him back in PG. Is that still going on, I mean physically. They could still have feelings for each other and everything. But does the Lady mantle exclude the Knight mantle from her defense. We know what Mab has said, but what Jim said about Fix and Sarrisa makes me wonder. What has he said exactly?

I believe the WOJ on that was that the Lady can do things that wouldn't result in pregnancy so long as her self-control is strong enough that the mantle doesn't perceive a danger of crossing that line, and Maeve did. Presumably Fix and Sarissa are in a similar situation. Summer mantles probably don't amp lust up quite as hard as Winter ones, so they might have it easier.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2020, 09:32:47 PM »
I believe the WOJ on that was that the Lady can do things that wouldn't result in pregnancy so long as her self-control is strong enough that the mantle doesn't perceive a danger of crossing that line, and Maeve did. Presumably Fix and Sarissa are in a similar situation. Summer mantles probably don't amp lust up quite as hard as Winter ones, so they might have it easier.

So no front door action. But as long as control is kept, foreplay and back door action are a go. Interesting

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »
Maeve didn't bother:

“Maeve, what could I possibly have ruined for you? Did finally moving out of that studio apartment destroy your life? Did getting my nursing degree somehow diminish your power? Did I steal some boyfriend of yours that you accidently left breathing after the first night?”

Also a way for the winter lady to kill someone directly
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry and Lara new pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2020, 08:13:26 AM »
As Thomas said though, procreation is very rare for Whamps. Mab can't be banking too hard on the alliance being founded on an actual child being born of the political marriage, because that might not happen for decades even if they were being intimate.

There will be a child born soon -Justine's and Thomas' . It may not be their child however if the parents aren't able to care for the baby, Harry and Lara may need to claim it (that's if they ever catch up to Nem-Justine)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2020, 08:13:47 AM »
I wag, when the priest says if anyone has any objections speak now, Molly is going to stand up and before she can utter a word the Archive is going to blow the door in lol. The only real shame is this will probably have to wait til after MM to find out.
@icecream I shudder to think of what will happen to the child if Nemesis raises it. The story doesn't go far enough for them to grow up... But *gulp* long enough for them to be sacrificed...

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »
I wag, when the priest says if anyone has any objections speak now, Molly is going to stand up and before she can utter a word the Archive is going to blow the door in lol. The only real shame is this will probably have to wait til after MM to find out.
@icecream I shudder to think of what will happen to the child if Nemesis raises it. The story doesn't go far enough for them to grow up... But *gulp* long enough for them to be sacrificed...
You assume a Christian wedding. Mab is not a Christian. Your individual wishes don’t count, only those of your families, courts etc.

Though in this case Lara discovered that you have to be very careful with your favors.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2020, 11:14:30 AM »
You assume a Christian wedding. Mab is not a Christian. Your individual wishes don’t count, only those of your families, courts etc.

Though in this case Lara discovered that you have to be very careful with your favors.

Please, Lara knew exactly what she was asking for:

Quote from: Peace Talks
Her eyes lingered on me for a moment "Are you sure what I ask isn't too much trouble?"
"Such things are part and parcel of his duties," Mab said. "assuming you find him acceptable."
"Oh my," Lara said, glancing at me again. "Oh yes."

Taking that, Freydis telling Harry outright that 'dude, Lara's totally into you', Molly being super frosty with Lara when she arrives in Battle Ground... yeah, I feel like she knew what was going on.

She just expected Mab to give her some more time to swing Harry around on it, instead of going "I'm Mab and I declare you two shall be wed"

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2020, 11:16:02 AM »

you /assume/ it won't be a christian wedding. And mab pays lip service anyway. Hell being a supernatural she might not want to infringe on something that's specifically a religious ceremony. I'd quite imagine one mask of a supernatural being or another has that aspect as their own. That'd make it their domain, like Hera for instance, Goddess of marriage... Poor lass... Married to the God of adultery lol

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »
Please, Lara knew exactly what she was asking for:

Taking that, Freydis telling Harry outright that 'dude, Lara's totally into you', Molly being super frosty with Lara when she arrives in Battle Ground... yeah, I feel like she knew what was going on.

She just expected Mab to give her some more time to swing Harry around on it, instead of going "I'm Mab and I declare you two shall be wed"
Yes but it still surprised her how fast and without a proper negotiation of the wedding contract. Who knows what kind of contract Mab thinks is normal and right.

you /assume/ it won't be a christian wedding. And mab pays lip service anyway. Hell being a supernatural she might not want to infringe on something that's specifically a religious ceremony. I'd quite imagine one mask of a supernatural being or another has that aspect as their own. That'd make it their domain, like Hera for instance, Goddess of marriage... Poor lass... Married to the God of adultery lol
But the Sidhe are basically pagans and Harry is sworn to her. I think she won’t give anyone the opportunity to object. Marriage is older than Christianity and can take a lot of forms.

Maybe the let him do it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen_(god)

He is currently busy with his wrestling career so you now know the plot of Harry’s next book.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2020, 12:58:07 PM »
But the Sidhe are basically pagans and Harry is sworn to her. I think she won’t give anyone the opportunity to object. Marriage is older than Christianity and can take a lot of forms.
tell me something I don't know? The Sidhe are not pagan... They're Celtic iirc. customs and rules WILL be upheld, so says the Mab.