Author Topic: HUGE BATTLE GROUND SPOILERS - (Un)Answered questions  (Read 24901 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE BATTLE GROUND SPOILERS - (Un)Answered questions
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2020, 04:31:31 AM »
It is the flip side of Harry’s soul fire. Harry can use both but not at the same time.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »
I will also be interested to see what happens with the Grey Council now...especially since Harry is even more isolated than before.
I had a thought that Harry just goes about calling himself "Harry Dresden, Wizard of the Grey Council," etc.

Let's play a new game.  Who got Bob?
I think Harry gets to take him on day trips, but Butters has full custody. Unless Butters and the Alphas move in with Harry. He's got the room.

Murphy's scene was rough.
For me it was more the scenes after when Harry is dealing with it. Probably the one after he doesn't off Rudolph.
Since Harry's new title is Wizard of Chicago, can he become a member of the accords?
With the signature of two representatives on the Accords. His bride, an ally on the White Council, and River Shoulders. Substitute any of them for some other ally.

Also, Ethniu seemed to know the Angel she was talking to. Personally. Called him traitor and coward. Seems like they both were once on the same team, and his siding with TWG and humanity seems an act of treachery.
Was she speaking to the angel or TWG?

What is odd is that Namshiel and thus Marcone can use magic. Especially since no other Fallen uses magic unless their host is a wizard.
We've seen most of the Denarians who get a good deal of screen time use magic at least a little. They only one who didn't was Nico.

I want to know what was behind Marcone giving Harry the Eye?  ...  What will he do when Namshiel starts to call the shots?  Will he ultimately reject the coin then  and become a Knight?
Harry hints that part of that was to get him thrown out of the Council. I also think that Marcone is trying to hide the fact of Namshiel. A lot of his reputation is as a mortal who pulls off all these amazing feats. That's an arc a lot of people want. I'd prefer Harry going toe to toe with him in an all out fight.

I'd assume that Marcone's ability to use magic is something he negotiated for specifically, before he fully took up Namshiel's coin.
It's been said everyone has magical talent and what really separates practitioners from everyone else is the ability to sense it. Namshiel should have the ability to allow Marcone to sense it and be able to supply plenty of fuel. Harry mentions that Marcone's spells weren't powerful, just advanced.

However I cannot see him playing second fiddle to a coin.
That's what surprised me about him taking the coin up.

Depends on the Fallen. Anduriel has generally been content to work with Nicodemus. We have no idea on the preferences of Thorned Namshiel. It might also depend on the "quality" of the host.
I think Jim said something about how he's basically just a magic nerd. But he's obviously pretty evil and hates mortals based on 1) he's fallen and 2) what he said to Harry in Small Favor.

I'm curious about the smell of sulphur and brimstone when Butters passed the sword thru Harry. Winter Knight mantle wouldn't smell like that. Residual Lash?
What Arjan said, but with a question mark.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »
Maybe Marcone changed his mind, he is residing in Marcone’s grey matter after all. Namshiel has had hosts he can dominate, Marcone must have been a revelation.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »
Maybe Marcone changed his mind, he is residing in Marcone’s grey matter after all. Namshiel has had hosts he can dominate, Marcone must have been a revelation.

Early days, early days, it may be that Namshiel and Marcone had a common goal to save Chicago and gain the power that comes with it.  And lets face it, it isn't like Marcone is going to be corrupted by a Fallen angel..

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2020, 10:00:34 PM »

What is the goal?

Every Fallen must have one.

Is Thorned Namshiel's goal to simply amass more and more knowledge and power? Then he doesn't need to dominate Marcone; leaving Marcone as he is allows a steady supply of Namshiel's preferred drug.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2020, 10:37:01 PM »
What is the goal?

Every Fallen must have one.

Is Thorned Namshiel's goal to simply amass more and more knowledge and power? Then he doesn't need to dominate Marcone; leaving Marcone as he is allows a steady supply of Namshiel's preferred drug.
The fallen's ultimate goal is to corrupt his host and everyone else. Marcone will be corrupted too.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2020, 11:41:23 PM »
The fallen's ultimate goal is to corrupt his host and everyone else. Marcone will be corrupted too.

Or he is a perfect skunk like Nic and they will live a wonderful life together..

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »
And how with Thomas react when he's inevitably pulled out of the box?

The thought of Thomas' reaction is reason enough to hope Harry and Lara do go through with the wedding.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2020, 11:49:35 PM »
I think Harry gets to take him on day trips, but Butters has full custody. Unless Butters and the Alphas move in with Harry. He's got the room.

That might be prudent. Will & Georgia have had a couple of attacks against their home, and Butters is potentially quite vulnerable to mortal goons and hired guns. Plus if they're going to continue the BFS' use of the castle as a safe house for paranet members as guests, it's probably wise to have more than one combat-capable full time resident.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2020, 11:53:12 PM »
Or he is a perfect skunk like Nic and they will live a wonderful life together..
Killing his daughter. It shows how corrupted he got. The fallen always want to corrupt you even more
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2020, 12:05:55 AM »
That might be prudent. Will & Georgia have had a couple of attacks against their home, and Butters is potentially quite vulnerable to mortal goons and hired guns. Plus if they're going to continue the BFS' use of the castle as a safe house for paranet members as guests, it's probably wise to have more than one combat-capable full time resident.

Harry is going to require staff for the Castle including PA’s Why not take a page from Vadderung but instead of a pair of ravens, werewolves, Andi and Marci. Seriously, moving the Knights to the Castle is an obvious move, it has accommodation and training facilities

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2020, 02:30:31 AM »
Killing his daughter. It shows how corrupted he got. The fallen always want to corrupt you even more

Yet he seemed to think it was worth it, he got what he had asked for though he didn't get what he wanted thanks to Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 05:39:40 AM »
Yet he seemed to think it was worth it, he got what he had asked for though he didn't get what he wanted thanks to Harry.
Of course he did. Anduriel has him exactly where he wants him.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Narsham

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2020, 04:26:22 PM »
But he wouldn't would he?  I mean the Eye is merely a tool, a weapon of pure hate.  I doubt that Namshiel would play second fiddle to the eye, but Marcone might, which would make him less useful perhaps?

The Eye has to be fueled by hate, or love. Marcone isn't entirely emotionless, but I doubt he has the juice to do much with it. I expect he's having the same problem with magic: his control is phenomenal, but he doesn't have much power beyond what Namshiel can channel to him.

Plus he deliberately wanted everyone to know Harry had the Eye, knowing they would trust him less as a consequence and that Harry wouldn't actually use it. Getting that turned back upon him by Harry had to come as a shock and almost certainly dealt Marcone more trouble than losing the castle did.

An interesting thing to consider: Harry had to coerce Marcone into taking in a few hundred people as refugees. Those people included children. Would a younger Marcone have hesitated to protect children in the same circumstances? Has Namshiel already started to influence him?

I also consider it unclear whether Namshiel got Nemesis'ed, which would make matters even more complicated later.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »
Of course he did. Anduriel has him exactly where he wants him.

Harry or Nic?

I also consider it unclear whether Namshiel got Nemesis'ed, which would make matters even more complicated later.

Hadn't thought of that, it would be nasty.  It also answers the question of who got the Crown Royal sack of Coins back in Small Favor.  I can see Marcone, desperate to save the city and always looking for a new angle to gain power taking up the Coin.  The question then becomes, if he does have the sack of Coins, who else is he going to tempt to take one up and become a real pain in the ass.

Here is another thought, the Denarians are all ready split into two camps, Nic's little group and Tessa's little group, I cannot see Marcone being subservient to either group, so does he create a third little group?  Now does this make it harder for Sanya and Butters?  Or easier?  I still think at some point Bradley is going to take up the third Sword.