Author Topic: Storm Front in Peace Talks...  (Read 1865 times)

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Storm Front in Peace Talks...
« on: July 20, 2020, 02:25:31 PM »
Just a little Easter egg, but when Harry sees what he looks like to the Outsiders:

Quote from: Peace Talks
... a being made of coherent light, a column of glowing energy centers, and pure dread, standing like an obelisk before the cornerhounds, a bolt of terrible lightning gathered around its upraised fists, head, and shoulders, like a miniature storm front.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Front in Peace Talks...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »
Just a little Easter egg, but when Harry sees what he looks like to the Outsiders:

Which would explain why some faint and other cringe in fear when they soul gaze Harry.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »
Good point -- this may be the closest we get to seeing the other side of a Harry Dresden soulgaze.

(The next closest would be the 3-Eye junkie in the police station in Storm Front, but he was really vague except about HWWB.)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »
Good point -- this may be the closest we get to seeing the other side of a Harry Dresden soulgaze.

(The next closest would be the 3-Eye junkie in the police station in Storm Front, but he was really vague except about HWWB.)

I think there was also a glimpse of what they see when they soul gaze Harry back in Cold Days..
When Sharkface and company were attacking the island, Harry was fighting a mental battle and suddenly had this vision of himself as a real Merlin kick ass wizard with his staff planted firmly in the ground.

Offline RulesLawyer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:51:33 PM »
There's also that bit from Grave Peril: Lydia, the Cassadra's Tears gifted cult member/victim of Kravos.

"Fire," she whispered. "Wind. I see dark things and a dark war. I see my death coming for me, out of the spirit world. And I see you at the middle of it all. You're the beginning, the end of it. You're the one who can make the path go different ways."

We assume that's fulfilled by the end scene in Grave Peril. What if it's not? Dark war. What if it's about what the books are rapidly approaching?

Oooo, I almost forgot: There's the dreams all pregnant women have in Changes. I'd have to check, but isn't it the same imagery?

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 07:04:12 PM »
I think that prophecy of war was fulfilled in Changes. Harry began the war with the Red Court, he was in the middle of the fighting, and he very much ended it.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
I've always thought the prophecy fit GP, the war with the Red Court, and will likely apply to the entire series.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 09:03:45 AM »
There's also that bit from Grave Peril: Lydia, the Cassadra's Tears gifted cult member/victim of Kravos.

"Fire," she whispered. "Wind. I see dark things and a dark war. I see my death coming for me, out of the spirit world. And I see you at the middle of it all. You're the beginning, the end of it. You're the one who can make the path go different ways."

We assume that's fulfilled by the end scene in Grave Peril. What if it's not? Dark war. What if it's about what the books are rapidly approaching?

Oooo, I almost forgot: There's the dreams all pregnant women have in Changes. I'd have to check, but isn't it the same imagery?
I think the Dreams in changes are a Mandela effect of what would have happened if Maggie had been sacrificed like they'd planned..