Author Topic: why little or no ivy  (Read 7903 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: why little or no ivy
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 01:58:20 AM »
In the Poison Pen q&A Jim was asked where was Drakul during the Peace Talks, Jim said “you will know in September”. This may suggest that my theory regarding certain Accords Members being tipped off may be correct, they are coming in with the Fomor.

Could we see Drakul, Denarians, Mavra and Blood on his soul all turn up in Battlefield fighting with the Fomor? We know we have the Knights of the Cross and River Shoulders fighting for the white hats, aside from the Accord powers

It also probably suggests no one really likes the Ghouls, not even the bad guys, they didn’t even bother to tip them off so are likely to be targeted by both sides. Which Harry would have done any how with some “friendly fire”

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 02:23:09 AM »
That, or Drakul's gone the way of the King of the Tylwyth Teg.

But I would almost be surprised *not* to see Mavra and Ursiel/Blood-on-his-Soul in Battle Ground, after the explicit call-outs. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Shagnasty, either. (Would love to see a rematch between Harry and Shagnasty on the Island.)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 06:08:43 AM »
I'm thinking the ghouls have a different purpose, mainly making him m confront his own hatred in opposition of what EB has done with his hatred of Wamps.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »
That, or Drakul's gone the way of the King of the Tylwyth Teg.

But I would almost be surprised *not* to see Mavra and Ursiel/Blood-on-his-Soul in Battle Ground, after the explicit call-outs. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Shagnasty, either. (Would love to see a rematch between Harry and Shagnasty on the Island.)
I have a feeling that Jim is setting us up for all/a lot of Harry's defeated but not killed villains of the week to show up. He mentioned Mavra, Blood on his Soul, and Nic. I'm kind of hoping for a Sinister Six style story.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
It would solve a lot of dangling plot threads, although Blood on his sole was neatly tied up already until River unpicked it. This would allow Jim to concentrate on the build up to the BAT, which I rather think Nicky is bound up with, as he has the Grail. I think Nicky wants to cure Lucifer of Nemesis, which would require all the objects and all the swords.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 12:21:44 AM »
Soul or sole? Both make sense for him. Maybe the Grail is how he's still alive?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:16 AM »
Nicky had the grail, not sure he would go back for Gen.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 12:30:12 AM »
It would solve a lot of dangling plot threads, although Blood on his sole was neatly tied up already until River unpicked it. This would allow Jim to concentrate on the build up to the BAT, which I rather think Nicky is bound up with, as he has the Grail. I think Nicky wants to cure Lucifer of Nemesis, which would require all the objects and all the swords.
that'd be too selfless. I think his biblical name gives the key to what he wants, to devour an immortal.. maybe the big G himself

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 01:52:27 AM »
The Fallen believed Lucifer and rebelled against God, but what if that rebellion was on a false premise and Lucifer was Nemfected? Anduriel would need to know this, cure Lucifer and find out whether the rebellion was genuine, if it was business as usual, if not then the precept he and Nick has been working under for two millennia have been wrong. It gives the Fallen a redemption arc.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2020, 03:27:13 AM »
I thought there was a WoJ that the Fall was from an argument between TWG and Luci on how to address the Outsider issue. Or was that just more speculation?  I can't remember.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
And if Lucifer were in fact Nemfected, wouldn’t he argue?

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Not countering, just adding. Aurora was infected and rebelled against the How Things Are Done.  So there's a precedent.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »
I think Lucifer used to BE the Adversary, that was his role in the heavenly court before his fall, but the only place I can think of him acting in his official role is in Job. According to the kabbalah when he became the devil his wife Lilith became the Adversary. This would track quite nicely with Nemesis and things that get to act in cosmic imbalance.