Author Topic: Peace Talks Trailer.  (Read 15647 times)

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Trailer.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 09:23:12 PM »
A svartalf.
She appeared in one of the shorts, I think...

In Bombshells, but she wasn't named there.  We got her name from the trailer.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 09:40:22 PM »
Yes, I only wanted to say that was not Gard
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:23 PM »
Wait, how do we know Evanna is a Svartelf? Did I miss something?

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do the spoiler tags just yet, so I'll try to be vague. Well, we do know that Thomas is a venatori, so maybe trouble caught up with him b/c of that. Harry would then find out in the worst way possible. Another reason why Evanna might be an even bigger antagonist that I suspected. I wonder if she'll become a main cast member to fill out any empty slot...

Hm, I would like Thomas to be a red-herring just b/c he's been under this kind of scrutiny before. Though if they do then he'll need to have genuinely done something 'bad' so that there really would need to be a kind of a legal snafu that has to be corrected.

I think my theory still stands, at least in the general sense, that Thomas has to get a new position of power to get out of the trouble he's in but that paradoxically, leaves him in more danger. Lara also ties into this. I think this might be where she takes a pretty big dent in her power structure, to the point where she could die.  Going to war over Thomas could only be one reason for her power to get diminished.

Maybe Lara vs Marcone? Gosh, Harry would get caught in the middle and have to act to prevent them from causing too much collateral damage. If Hendricks is indeed the one who_____, then that would be reason for Marcone to be so determined/angry and letting Harry know this might be the only courtesy he can manage. This could also be where it's revealed that Thomas and Harry are brothers.

Marcone may be a smaller player than Lara, but he's got a lot to lose if he doesn't succeed/meet his goals here, so he could be more underhanded than usual. Gigglestomp's scene 5 take is pretty spot on in my mind.

With the getting dressed scene, this gives me an idea. B/c it's an establishing scene, I think, it might also be setting another character to be a 'Spanner in the Works' and this time, it isn't Harry. 

I know that having the WK mantle means that Harry is more susceptible to Lara's mojo, but I think this could be a double edged sword, esp since he doesn't suffer intimidate drawbacks to drawing on the mantle in the same way that a Whamp has when they draw on their power. Lara is also used to being able to use Harry as a weapon w/o any ill consequences for her.  She's also counting on Harry sticking to his bargain. But if Thomas is in danger that might not happen. I mean a combo of his natural pragmatism and being pushed hard enough might mean that Harry wouldn't give her any warning. As for trying to control him via offspring, he's already proven that's a bad idea.  I think this time Lara's bitten off more than she can chew.

Gigglestomp's idea about scene 9 is pretty neat. I can see that being true. Maybe scene 8 happens right after that.

W/ regards to scene 11: Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. Now that's gonna be interesting an interesting conflict, I hope that's indeed what's going on.

I like the idea of Undertown being a set for conflict.

I know that Mab's accords are a big deal and by that score, the peace talks themselves, so everyone is trying to protect them, b/c really they do need to do this, but I do wonder if anyone feels the need or can even imagine that said Accords need to be improved upon. Maybe Harry could end up getting new allies under this way of thinking?

Hm, judging from the synopsis for Battle Ground, maybe the masquerade gets broken then. Since what's her face has those goals in mind, she wouldn't exactly be hiding, esp since she wouldn't feel the need to hide.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2020, 10:18:29 PM »
123, write whatever you want to spoiler tag. Then highlight is as if you were planning to copy it and then (when the text is highlighted) click in the "insert spoiler" button, which is just above and right the last emoji in the Post Reply menu. That's all. If you want to check the result, use the "preview" button before posting it.

About BG, I am wondering about the falling of the masquerade too.

Also, I want to know if BG is before or after the Christmas' story.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:54 PM »
123, write whatever you want to spoiler tag. Then highlight is as if you were planning to copy it and then (when the text is highlighted) click in the "insert spoiler" button, which is just above and right the last emoji in the Post Reply menu. That's all. If you want to check the result, use the "preview" button before posting it.

About BG, I am wondering about the falling of the masquerade too.

Also, I want to know if BG is before or after the Christmas' story.
Must be before. The two are really one story and it seems like the decision to split them was made this year. Also the scale of the casualties mentioned in and the relative quiet of the christmas story suggests no big battle Harry knows of is in the near future.

Battle Ground is probably a direct result of peace talks.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »
Yes, it is the most probable.
Missing you, Md 

Offline harry dresden

• Conversationalist
  • riding on the wave of persiflage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 12:38:29 AM »
In relation to the true love thing being an anathema to the Whites being able to feed, maybe Harry and Murph haven't consummated their relationship, but I recall how Michael questions Harry's reaction to Murph being hurt by Nic in Skin Game. Perhaps Harry isn't truly in love with Murph or the Winter Knight mantle is affecting him in ways he can't detect, or it's possible that scene with Lara and Harry is not what it seems.

Anyway for myself I enjoyed the trailer and I concur with Jim the guy playing Marcone nailed it. 
Wisdom is a dish best served old.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 12:52:15 AM »
Must be before. The two are really one story and it seems like the decision to split them was made this year. Also the scale of the casualties mentioned in and the relative quiet of the christmas story suggests no big battle Harry knows of is in the near future.

This is confirmed in the livestream Jim did with Priscilla.  Christmas Eve is being published at the end of Battle Ground:

https://youtu.be/5V9am4XyYz4?t=1499
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:54:05 AM by didymos »

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 01:57:58 AM »
@Dina: Ah, ok thanks.
IIRC, the comic book, Dogman, has LtW and Harry encounter some government types who are in the know w/ supernatural types. It would go well w/ the hints that someone took the loup-garoux footage all the way back from 'Fool Moon'.  Plus, there is Agent Tilly. I think there might be some government division that will step in who will try to control/help when the masquerade breaks. And surprisingly, to all the supernatural folk, be pretty dang competent.
@harry dresden: I didn't think about that at all, that's an interesting point. But yeah, it could be a red herring via the Lara/Harry. It probably is. And yeah, that was a kickass Marcone. I really do hope they make more trailers with that cast.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:44 AM »
Wait, how do we know Evanna is a Svartelf? Did I miss something?
The livestream.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 04:04:14 AM »
In relation to the true love thing being an anathema to the Whites being able to feed, maybe Harry and Murph haven't consummated their relationship, but I recall how Michael questions Harry's reaction to Murph being hurt by Nic in Skin Game. Perhaps Harry isn't truly in love with Murph or the Winter Knight mantle is affecting him in ways he can't detect, or it's possible that scene with Lara and Harry is not what it seems.

Anyway for myself I enjoyed the trailer and I concur with Jim the guy playing Marcone nailed it.

Yes, I agree. I've remember several discussions here in the forums about all that. My pet theory has always been that the WK mantle is making Harry believe that he loves Murph so he can get laid. I had sore discussions, but I don't remember very well who were involved.
I agree about the guy playing Marcone, he is great (I imagine Marcone older, but it does not matter. His demeanor is (IMHO) perfect)

This is confirmed in the livestream Jim did with Priscilla.  Christmas Eve is being published at the end of Battle Ground:

https://youtu.be/5V9am4XyYz4?t=1499

Ah, thank you, Arjan. I have not seen it (I normally don't watch Q&A videos and that sort of thing because I never understand them very well.

@123Chikadee: you are welcome and thanks! (I have not read any comic book)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 06:46:48 AM »

Of course that then ties back to -
WHY would Thomas-the-assasin shenanigans, which we all assume from the trailer, lead to an attack by a Fomor Titan?

Only thing I can come up with is Thomas murdered a Fomor representative to the talks (say because he/she/it seemed to be trying to harm Justine or Harry), Harry and Lara get away with getting him out (though at cost, as warned in the trailer by Marcone), so the Fomor declare war on Harry and Lara, personally.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 12:17:45 PM »
@Bad Alias: Ah, ok then. I had watched parts of it but I did fall asleep at some point lol.
@Dina: Yeah, that's why I don't like having something that big and game-changing in the supplementary canon. I haven't read the comic either, I only know what's in it, b/c I looked it up.
@Avernite: Oooh, good point. I like how straightforward that is. 

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 07:34:03 PM »
Harry is never the start of the process, he has always been someone's tool.  Usually Mab's.  We know he is in at least decent favor with Mab at the end of all this because of the Christmas story, so he obviously doesn't screw her or her accords over.

So here are my guesses.
1.  The scene I take to be between Justine and Thomas shows that he knows he was going into serious trouble, maybe knew he was going to die.  The thing that motivates him is protecting their child.  Who made it so that he had to do something that could get him killed, we don't know yet.  My guess is Mab.

2.  I don't think he killed someone of Marcone's, though it is possible.  Marcone seems to be all business, which is what we would expect even if it was personal, but I would hope we would see some actual anger from him if the person killed had been close to him.  He must kill Thomas to maintain his position and the Accords as he is the one running the meeting.

3.  Why the hell are Marcone and Dresden in a room together getting dressed?  I mean, it what universe does that happen?  How undressed were they before the scene we saw? Why?

4.  Harry will get his brother out. This is expected.  Mab can't support him, and will kill him for interfering if he is caught, but if he can pull it off...

Big guess?  At Mab's instigation (why, how, currently unknown) Thomas kills the ambassador for the Fomor.  While this puts him on the chopping block, it puts the Fomor at a disadvantage in the negotiations, which allows alliances against them to form.  This pisses them off, and coupled with Thomas's escape (somehow all is forgiven once he escapes?  Maybe just proven innocent) the Fomor are driven to a murderous rage and they, led by their Titan Queen in conjunction with outsiders attack the proceedings.  Carnage ensues.  This is all part of Mab's plot, because how else would you get a Titan near the one place that can take it out - Demonreach.  Somehow, through convoluted battle Harry must get her to Demonreach, and we get to see the first new inmate get added to the island in a long time.  This destroys the backbone of the Fomor who were in alliance with outsiders... And once again removes an outsider (ally) threat to the world in Mab's preparation for the big battle...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »
On the point of Harry and Murphy's "true love" status, it would make a lot of sense for them to take a long time to get there.  That's going to make it difficult for him to go "all in." Murphy is bad at relationships. Three husbands and Kincaid is her known track record. One of those ex-husbands is now her brother-in-law. Ick. Harry thought he murdered his first girlfriend. Then she disappeared and showed up all of a sudden and manipulated him. She shows up a few years later and doesn't trust him. His next girlfriend, and need I remind everyone how that worked out? Lack of trust resulting in half-turned vampire, a secret child, and ritual sacrifice at Harry's hands? The next girlfriend was mind controlled into it. Then, as Sanya says, he "tapped that ass." Mab.

Then there's everything from the end of Changes to whatever's going on now. There's a good chance one or both of them will be holding back. One day they may get past it. Or they may not.

Somehow, through convoluted battle Harry must get her to Demonreach, and we get to see the first new inmate get added to the island in a long time.
Maybe all he needs is a little blood or some other thaumaturgical link. It's hard to imagine any being worth imprisoning doesn't know that the Demonreach has a new Warden, and it's Harry. Then again, the White Council doesn't really know what Harry's job is.