Author Topic: Peace Talks Trailer.  (Read 15600 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Trailer.
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 07:26:54 AM »
That reduces the suspect pool quite a bit.

Also “The Assassin” did sound a bit like a long earned title or a profession, not like someone who just killed someone else. A creature like Kincaid could be called the assassin. It is his profession. And he is at drift now.

Maybe that's just how you heard it. Thomas is a much longer term ally than Kincaid, and FAR more frequent. Thomas, at least in the trailer, is implied to be the Assassin. Dresden peers into a cell with a bloodied Thomas inside. Dresden asks, "What will happen to him?" The svatalf Evanna replies, "Justice". He also has been lined up. He has a kid on the way and things are getting riskier, a perfect patsy to destabilize the Peace Talks. Someone who Dresden would fight and die for.

Kincaid would be very on the nose. I doubt he wants to go near Ivy or Dresden, let alone McCoy. Not to mention, even if he is the ACTUAL assassin - he certainly won't be the one everyone thinks it is initially. Which will almost certainly be Thomas.

Also Kincaid is hardly the only professional assassin. McCoy, Thomas, Dresden, one Marcone's many hitter, Mab has thousands apart from Dresden (like the Fetches). Ortega is deceased of course, but there would be one for the Red Court after he died. Hell the Eebs were assassins. Of course the Red Court is dead, but they would have had plenty. And while members of the White Court probably would rarely do their own wetworks, they probably have someone. Drakul lost the Hellhound years ago, he likely has a replacement assassin or two. That's just off the top of my head.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 07:34:14 AM »
Maybe that's just how you heard it. Thomas is a much longer term ally than Kincaid, and FAR more frequent. Thomas, at least in the trailer, is implied to be the Assassin. Dresden peers into a cell with a bloodied Thomas inside. Dresden asks, "What will happen to him?" The svatalf Evanna replies, "Justice". He also has been lined up. He has a kid on the way and things are getting riskier, a perfect patsy to destabilize the Peace Talks. Someone who Dresden would fight and die for.

Kincaid would be very on the nose. I doubt he wants to go near Ivy or Dresden, let alone McCoy. Not to mention, even if he is the ACTUAL assassin - he certainly won't be the one everyone thinks it is initially. Which will almost certainly be Thomas.

Also Kincaid is hardly the only professional assassin. McCoy, Thomas, Dresden, one Marcone's many hitter, Mab has thousands apart from Dresden (like the Fetches). Ortega is deceased of course, but there would be one for the Red Court after he died. Hell the Eebs were assassins. Of course the Red Court is dead, but they would have had plenty. And while members of the White Court probably would rarely do their own wetworks, they probably have someone. Drakul lost the Hellhound years ago, he likely has a replacement assassin or two. That's just off the top of my head.
Of all these mentioned only Thomas is a frequent ally. He might have a reputation that was completely lost to Harry or the word was used more specifically for one (series of) asassination(s).
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 08:25:45 AM »
... I am not sure True Love is a protection against WCVs. More like being in love with someone...I know it is semantics but I think the point is that it doesn't have to be your one and only soulmate ...

Except Jim is explicit that True Love IS protection (specifically against Lust-flavored Whamps); and he's has been repeatedly consistent about it.

Where I think you've missed the point is that "True Love" doesn't actually have to be a "one and only soulmate" sort of thing ...  Lightning can strike twice.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 08:35:59 AM »
Of all these mentioned only Thomas is a frequent ally. He might have a reputation that was completely lost to Harry or the word was used more specifically for one (series of) asassination(s).

How isn't Eb a frequent long term ally? He has known Dresden since he was 15! The rest I was mentioning purely to illustrate that there are lots of assassins out there, both "professional" (can a monster even have a profession?) and otherwise. There isn't really anything except your gut feeling to say that it is Kincaid. It might be him, but it's most likely (at least initially) Thomas.

I am not sure I understand your second point about reputations etc...did you mean that Thomas has a hidden role to Harry, because Back Up confirms that - he is a Venator.

g33k - he specifically refers to Love, not so much True Love. I agree it can be more than one person, that was in fact one of the points I was making. My point is someone can be your True Love, but unless you're actually in love with them (and I guess you have had sex with them and presumably only them) you are unprotected. Unrequited or unknown love is no protection. Again, I know it's minor stuff but it is an important distinction. Otherwise the White Court Raiths would be nowhere near as effective.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 09:20:27 AM »
How isn't Eb a frequent long term ally? He has known Dresden since he was 15!
He is not hotheaded enough anymore to break the peace that way and despite his mentor ship not really a frequent ally.
The rest I was mentioning purely to illustrate that there are lots of assassins out there, both "professional" (can a monster even have a profession?) and otherwise. There isn't really anything except your gut feeling to say that it is Kincaid. It might be him, but it's most likely (at least initially) Thomas.
It might be Thomas.
I am not sure I understand your second point about reputations etc...did you mean that Thomas has a hidden role to Harry, because Back Up confirms that - he is a Venator.
Are we talking about a assassin or the assassin?
g33k - he specifically refers to Love, not so much True Love. I agree it can be more than one person, that was in fact one of the points I was making. My point is someone can be your True Love, but unless you're actually in love with them (and I guess you have had sex with them and presumably only them) you are unprotected. Unrequited or unknown love is no protection. Again, I know it's minor stuff but it is an important distinction. Otherwise the White Court Raiths would be nowhere near as effective.
They were surprisingly ineffective with the movie director in blood rites. Probably some people have more talent for true love than others. I do not think you can simply add up a few symptoms and predict. You need a vampire to verify.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 11:54:01 AM »
(click to show/hide)

How can Harry defend Himself against another hit from Kincaid, buy him first?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »
How can Harry defend Himself against another hit from Kincaid, buy him first?
Who said Harry is the target? Harry is the PI.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
Who said Harry is the target? Harry is the PI.

I was thinking longer term

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2020, 12:50:45 PM »
I was thinking longer term
Harry has those diamonds and as a good DM Jim will find a way to get rid of them.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
Heres my take, and I think they played with the ordering in the trailer a bit to make people think
(click to show/hide)

Scene 1:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 2:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 3:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 4:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 5:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 6:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 7:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 8:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 9:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 10:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 11:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 12:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 13:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 14:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 15:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 16:
(click to show/hide)
Scene 17:
(click to show/hide)

Spoiler Battlegrounds Description:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:17:24 PM by Gigglestomp »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »
Are we talking about a assassin or the assassin?They were surprisingly ineffective with the movie director in blood rites.
I think we are talking about the assassin who killed someone at the talks. They were ineffective because they were going for control of Arturo and didn't know who their target was.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
I think we are talking about the assassin who killed someone at the talks. They were ineffective because they were going for control of Arturo and didn't know who their target was.
The problem with Genosa is that he fell in love all the time, pretty easily serially. I do not think it has to be your only one true love and soulmate whatever and it comes more easily to some people than to others.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
The caption identifies her as
(click to show/hide)

I'm suffering from CRS syndrome (aka Oldtimer's disease) Who is Evanna?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »
I'm suffering from CRS syndrome (aka Oldtimer's disease) Who is Evanna?
A svartalf.
She appeared in one of the shorts, I think...