Author Topic: Battle Ground??  (Read 20837 times)

Offline Uriel_spook

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Battle Ground??
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:51:47 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, haven’t seen it in my lurking on the site. Has anyone else come across this? - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/645503/battle-ground-by-jim-butcher/hardcover

Feel like I’ve been missing something if it’s legit but saw it on Amazon as well. Thanks in advance.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, haven’t seen it in my lurking on the site. Has anyone else come across this? - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/645503/battle-ground-by-jim-butcher/hardcover

Feel like I’ve been missing something if it’s legit but saw it on Amazon as well. Thanks in advance.

No...  ??????  The one to ask I think, is Priscilla.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »
Aren't the Titans Greek mythology?  Is this the wrestling book?  Or just another screwup aggravated by the virus that will not be named.

Offline Drakelth7777777

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »
I wonder if Peace Talks was to big and they made him split it into to books? Peace Talks could be the build up and then Battle Grounds picks up right after and we have that huge throw down that killed all the people mentioned in Christmas Eve. Then could have the wrestling god book.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 07:15:31 PM »
Well, for what it's worth I just preordered it.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »
Well, for what it's worth I just preordered it.

Same.

Offline Uriel_spook

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 07:49:38 PM »
Also available on Apple Books with a length of 312 pages listed.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »
The unexpectedness of this has me thinking it's not a thing. The only thing that would make any sense to me is Peace Talks being split into two books. I'd still think we would have heard something about it before the book's publication date is announced. Additionally, the description could be pretty spoilery if it's part two of a single story.

Yes, the Titans were the predecessors of the Gods in Greek mythology. Who were the female Titans and which ones were most likely to be the "Last Titan" and want to subjugate humanity? I honestly can't name a single female Titan without having to first look it up. Was Gaia a Titan? Apparently Prometheus and Atlas are dead. I wonder who is holding the world up know?

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 08:22:14 PM »
It seems to me that if Peace Talks had been split into 2 books then the publisher would have announced both, since we all know that we'd line up to buy 2 books at the same time.

I'm wondering if someone in the marketing department just got ahead of themselves and this is book 21.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
Jim is doing a Live Stream tomorrow at 12 Eastern Time and if someone doesn't ask I'll kiss my spuuse's cheek.  But the blurb is pretty specific as is the title.  But it hasn't reared it questionable head yet on Reddit, which is kinda odd.  It's kinda fun even if it isn't true. 

Wasn't there an blurb on the website about a big announcement a while back, which everyone assumed was about a TV series of some type?

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:54 PM »
Ordered ... because Jim.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »

Careful guys, there are a lot of scams out there that seem real.  In times like these there are people that wouldn't blink twice before screwing fans out of twenty-five bucks or so.   I'd wait for confirmation from Jim or Priscilla before I spent a dime.  Odd don't you think that in all the interviews, Jim never mentioned splitting Peace Talks into two books?   

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 12:37:12 AM »
It seems to me that if Peace Talks had been split into 2 books then the publisher would have announced both, since we all know that we'd line up to buy 2 books at the same time.

I'm wondering if someone in the marketing department just got ahead of themselves and this is book 21.

I though Fight Night was pretty firm for book 17, the wrestling one. And the BAT titles are pretty much locked in for Hell's Bells, Stars & Stones and Empty Night.

I doubt it's an outright scam since the Amazon listing is 'ships from and sold by Amazon'. On the other hand, splitting PT into two volumes is the kind of thing I'd be a little surprised to hear from the booksellers announce before Jim or Priscilla did. "It's so long it needs two volumes" would have got a lot of the annoying "when is it out?" questions off his back for a while.

I'm half wondering if it's a surprise graphic novel, listed as a main sequence novel by honest mistake.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 01:02:30 AM »
Isn't the book after Peace Talks supposed to be Mirror, Mirror. I agree with Snark Knight that it seems unlikely that it's a full length novel. A graphic novel would make sense.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 01:17:43 AM »
Isn't the book after Peace Talks supposed to be Mirror, Mirror. I agree with Snark Knight that it seems unlikely that it's a full length novel. A graphic novel would make sense.

Ah, you're right. I think the wrestling one was slated for 18. Although there was supposed to be a Greek connection in that one...