Author Topic: Anyone else wonder what has become of “Agent Tilly”?  (Read 5009 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Anyone else wonder what has become of “Agent Tilly”?
« on: August 17, 2019, 12:51:33 AM »
And if we will get to see him again in Peace Talks.  He did very well in Changes.  I hope Harry can call on his aid at some point in the near future.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else wonder what has become of “Agent Tilly”?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 03:41:35 PM »
It has been wondered here  ;D

https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,53175.0.html

I'd like to see him again. He hasn't even been mentioned since Changes.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 02:38:15 AM »
Yes Jim said we would see him again...remember Jim has hinted that Witch-hunters and the like became organisations like the FBI and CIA, MI6 etc. I highly suspect he will have been recruited into a role that allow him to hunt the supernatural and will help introduce those organisations.

Offline Independent George

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:26:00 AM »
I have to imagine that the Paranet is closely monitored by the FBI. It's been mentioned by multiple characters that they don't go out of their way to stay hidden; as soon as someone gets read into the supernatural (like, say facing a vampire attack in the middle of a major city), it's not hard to get in touch with the community.

Tilly is especially interesting because he's a low-level practitioner himself, and exactly the sort that the Paranet was meant to support. There's no way that's the last we hear from him.

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
He must have survived or Murphy would have said something after they meet back up after all the excitement.

Jim said that by the BAT the whole world will know about magic, so even if he doesnt get recruited into the FBI paranormal ranks he can still dive back into the story then. I wonder how long it will take Dreseden to realize that his talent for detecting liars could be really useful to him and try to hire him on for some subcontracting.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »
I wonder about Tilly constantly. Very fun character with a fun supernatural knack for detecting lies who had the spooky thrust into his face. I desperately want him to lead an FBI iteration of SI that hunts monsters and hires Murphy as a spooky consultant.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
I believe Jim has said the government is aware of magic and the shenanigans in Chicago.  It has also been said that they will get involved in some way, some time.

Perhaps Tilly will end up being the connection, a liaison between gov and Harry, having been recruited into the "x-files" after Changes.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:56 PM »
I believe Jim has said the government is aware of magic and the shenanigans in Chicago.  It has also been said that they will get involved in some way, some time.

Perhaps Tilly will end up being the connection, a liaison between gov and Harry, having been recruited into the "x-files" after Changes.

God, I want that very badly. It would be pretty danged cool to see it, and for him to get reintroduced at all, for that matter.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »
Oh, I am getting even more excited. Tilly will be very interesting. And several others too.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »
My personal opinion is that the first serious engagement with government forces will be during Mirror Mirror.   

Logic:  Mirror Mirror allows Harry to learn a lot about government forces in the alternative universe so that he can play the "wizard knows shit" card in his own universe.     You have to admit that it would be totally awesome for him to just call people he "never met" as if he knows them well.  :)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 07:01:35 PM »
Dude, Mirror, Mirror will provide tons of opportunities for Harry to learn stuff he doesn't know, and to employ that information to devastating effect. Like... MirrorHarry might know who Cowl and Kumori are, for instance. Or who is Infected. Or a thousand other little things that he can use to Nyah-Nyah his way through the rest of the series.