Author Topic: Peace Talks Update  (Read 91728 times)

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Update
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »
Speaking from (probably shared) experience, the last fifteen minutes are spent staring at the clock, yelling at it for not going faster. I am also doing this to the calendar. You say it’s a bad idea, I say that I don’t care, I’m doing it anyway.

It's like waiting for a new chapter of Berserk 😂

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2019, 09:32:38 PM »
From Reddit.
Posted byu/priscellie Resident Intellectus 8 hours ago
Peace Talks Revisions Done! Publishing Info Coming Soon
PSA

From Jim: "14 hours at the keyboard today, rewrite done. Publishing info shouldn’t be long now.

But I’m taking tomorrow off."

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2019, 03:53:37 PM »
Mmm yes. That feels good
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
Yes!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2019, 07:59:02 AM »
Good  :)

Next question, what timeframe are we looking at now?
First quarter of 2020?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2019, 05:02:48 PM »
Hello, you all. Is there a reason why I can't open Jim Butcher's website? I've tried several times every once in a while for hours.
I hope it is being updated with news of a certain release date and maybe cover art or something like that.

OK. Correcting myself. There it is again and I can't see any change. Damn.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:12:48 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »
Good  :)

Next question, what timeframe are we looking at now?
First quarter of 2020?

I suppose, yes.

Hello, you all. Is there a reason why I can't open Jim Butcher's website? I've tried several times every once in a while for hours.
I hope it is being updated with news of a certain release date and maybe cover art or something like that.

OK. Correcting myself. There it is again and I can't see any change. Damn.
I had not tried today. It's a shame hopes were crushed  :'(
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2019, 05:36:05 PM »
And she's at it again. Posted byu/priscellie
Resident Intellectus

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2019, 06:31:01 PM »
I have a feeling about this, that I won't tell in order not to jinx it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »

Priscilla Spencer is Making 🎥
@priscellie
It’s not every day you get to sit down to dinner with Harry Dresden. So excited for you all to meet these incredible actors and see the world we’re bringing to life! #peacetalkstrailer

Yesterday on twitter.
I think, when the trailer is done, the release date will be announced. Whenever that will be...

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »
I'm getting really tired of chasing all over the internet for news.  I'd like them to make  news come out at one place, and for Butcher(or his reps) to speak in one voice. 

I don't wanna hear about the trailer, since, as with everything else with this series, it isn't done.  I don't want to hear about the TV show because, what TV show?  The site admin for the main web site, Fred Hicks I assume, can't seem to do something as trivial as follow upon the primary Twitter feed, with an announcement that the server is fixed on the main web site.

I'd like the publisher to get with the program and get it done.  It isn't like they didn't know this book was coming since it's been in the pipeline for 5 years. It really doesn't matter when it comes out.  What matters is that they set a date. Even something as general as "Coming next summer 2020!!!!".  And then stick with it.

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable but can anyone in Mr. Butchers organization do anything but tease?  I'm starting to think that I need to go back to my old way of finding new content, wandering up and down the aisles of my favorite book store looking at cover art and finding books that I can actually read.  There was a certain magic to that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »
I'm starting to think that I need to go back to my old way of finding new content, wandering up and down the aisles of my favorite book store looking at cover art and finding books that I can actually read.  There was a certain magic to that.

Do it! I do it sometimes and it is good. PT will be done someday, meanwhile there are many other wonderful books around.
Missing you, Md 

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2019, 09:27:42 PM »
So both amazon, a danish bookstore and some other place has set the release date to 16th of April. Is that just because one of them guessed and the others are copying?
https://www.amazon.com/Peace-Talks-Dresden-Files-Sixteen-ebook/dp/B07SZLRHMT
https://www.saxo.com/dk/peace-talks_jim-butcher_hardback_9780356500911
https://www.risingshadow.net/library/book/43381-peace-talks

Offline sayyadina

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2019, 11:15:28 PM »
I'm getting really tired of chasing all over the internet for news.  I'd like them to make  news come out at one place, and for Butcher(or his reps) to speak in one voice. 

I don't wanna hear about the trailer, since, as with everything else with this series, it isn't done.  I don't want to hear about the TV show because, what TV show?  The site admin for the main web site, Fred Hicks I assume, can't seem to do something as trivial as follow upon the primary Twitter feed, with an announcement that the server is fixed on the main web site.

I'd like the publisher to get with the program and get it done.  It isn't like they didn't know this book was coming since it's been in the pipeline for 5 years.

I totally agree. I got really excited with Priscille's tease and also again when the main website went down. I thought it went down because of major Peace Talks news.

I am still kicking myself that I was too sick to have a chance at the thing that got a select few people access to the first few chapters of Peace Talks years ago. I understand that Jim likes teasing us. But personally this has gone on for too long for it to come acress as good natured at this point and is getting to feel almost cruel.

All I want is a relase date. Yes it would be nice if the first few chapters were released for everyone. At this point I'd be willing to forgo that in favor of just a relase date. I just want the book already.

I totally understand all the life obstacles Jim faced. I was just hoping for some more urgency to get Peace Talks out. It feels like they're dragging their feet.

I'm also not as forgiving at this point of creators stringing fans along since I've been burned by basically all my major fandoms right now. Dresden Files is the only one left standing now, and that's probably another part of why this endless teasing bothers me so much. I can't stand it when people are stringing me along.

End of 2019 seemed possible as a release time for Peace Talks when it was finished. Maybe now they're going for end of 2020? Maybe I should just forget how much I want to read this and move on with my life, picking up future books when (and if?) they come out?

I'm just tired of this endless anticipation. The teasing is making me apathetic.

Offline LoopyGuru

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2019, 12:42:38 AM »
So both amazon, a danish bookstore and some other place has set the release date to 16th of April. Is that just because one of them guessed and the others are copying?
https://www.amazon.com/Peace-Talks-Dresden-Files-Sixteen-ebook/dp/B07SZLRHMT
https://www.saxo.com/dk/peace-talks_jim-butcher_hardback_9780356500911
https://www.risingshadow.net/library/book/43381-peace-talks

I don't know about saxo and risingshadow but amazon have been using that release date for a couple of months.  Since before we even got the confirmation on Jim's site that the first draft had been completed.  So i'm guessing that they have plucked that date out of the air and the others are following suite because they also don't have a concrete date, but feel the need to put something there.  This is pure supposition though, I am most certainly not in the know!