Author Topic: Peace Talks Update  (Read 91681 times)

Offline UncommonSense

• Participant
    • View Profile
Peace Talks Update
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »

I'm not sure it's "way too early" anymore.
Quote from: WoJ
Why pizza?
Why not pizza?  Oh my gosh have you had pizza?

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Update
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
I heard sometime next year. I guess we'll find out eventually.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Alexander Blackwood

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
Where did you hear that?

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:04:33 PM »
Locus Magazine listed Peace Talks as having a May 2019 release date. This isn't gospel, just based on the publisher's printing schedule.
Update December 6th. An updated version of the publishers schedule through September 2019 no longer has Peace Talks listed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:04:40 PM by Just Al »

Offline TheIrishMan

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Arch Angel Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »
its simple. jim bit off way more than he could chew for such a lengthy series and now he is having trouble writing the last third ish of the series.

Offline oopsboom

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »
If I was giving him maximum credit I'd guess that he got into some unhappiness with his publisher and for whatever reason isn't writing a new book until it gets sorted out.  Roc/Penguin probably owns all rights to Dresden as a novel, but he can get away with going to other publishers with graphic novels or selling Dresden merch b/c whatever contract they had probably sold rights to the novel series only.  Maybe even novels only for a period of time and hes trying to wait them out.  That would give him the benefit of the doubt on why he's supporting himself via comics, card games, and nic knacks for 5 years instead of writing a book.

If thats hot the case then well, hes probably just decided he has enough money that he can work 2 days a month by rambling at con panels then approving some junk to sell and not have to write anymore.  Which, TBH, has to be tempting if its an option.  I'm not sure i wouldn't take it if it was there.

Offline sayyadina

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 09:03:27 PM »
There's a brand new update on the Upcoming Works page. http://www.jim-butcher.com/faq/upcoming-works As of December 6, 2018 Peace Talks is now at chapter 36 in draft form! The last 3 books were 51-53 chapters, so if Peace Talks is around the same length then its 68-70% done.

And yes, I ran to my bookshelf as soon as I saw this to literally count the chapters of the last 3 books.  ;)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »
Good news at last! Thanks sayyadina :)
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »
Sweet news with a bitter aftertaste.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Braincandy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 05:42:04 AM »
Copy paste of the whole thing for the lazy among us.

"An explanation, so you can stop emailing complaints to the feedback box, which doesn’t reach Jim, and mainly just frustrates the folks running this site.)

Personal problems/life events spanning the past several years are what gummed up the works.

Got divorced, with all the fallout that comes from that
    His dog died, who was “the brains of the operation” as Jim tells it
    Got engaged
    Moved to another state to live with his fiancee
    Had to live in an apartment with no private writing space for years longer than intended because the contractor setting up his new house has blown the deadline by a couple years at least

That latter bit made it especially hard for him to get traction on Peace Talks. Thankfully the house is finally inhabitable and Jim’s been back at work.

As of December 10th, 2018 the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 37. Progress!"

I was among those grumbling but I can understand all of this. A divorce alone is rough. Losing your dog is also a heartbreaker. Sounds like Jim has been deep in the crap, I can relate as my 2018 has been the same way. It'll get done when it gets done.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 07:16:54 AM »
As of December 17th, 2018, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 38. Progress!

Christmas Eve, a new Dresden Files short story, was posted to jim-butcher.com as a gift for Jim’s fans on December 24th, 2018.

Edited: As of December 27th, 2018, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 39. Progress!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:24:54 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 06:14:48 AM »
Thanks for the update, Dina!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 07:01:42 AM »
As of December 27th, 2018, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 39. Progress!

Life progress update! Now we can just refresh that page every five minutes or so to see if a new chapter is finished!  :D

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »
 :)

It has been renew every other 10 days lately, so I wouldn't check until January 7th  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 09:38:03 PM »
:)

It has been renew every other 10 days lately, so I wouldn't check until January 7th  :P
Well it took until the 14th to get updated but we are now at chapter 40!