Author Topic: Another bit of possible foreshadowing  (Read 11394 times)

Offline a3dfiend

• Participant
  • I cannot abide useless people...
    • View Profile
Another bit of possible foreshadowing
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:18:27 PM »
I was listening to Even Hand the other day, and the bit about getting a special bullet to scribe the rune to kill Mag(or Dresden) got me thinking that it would be a great opportunity for Marcone to drag the lake for the bullet used to kill Dresden the 1st time. The "men of his caliber" line is a bad pun I think, but still. What better ammunition to kill Dresden than the same freaking bullet used again? Just an observation, nothing new here...
"Avaunt Villian!" - Toot Toot (TC)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another bit of possible foreshadowing
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »
Washed out of blood by now, if they could even find it. They can't find dead bodies there, I hardly think they'll be able to find a bullet.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »
Nor did it kill Dresden, evidenced by the two books after Changes.  A head shot would have been certain, since a Wizard without a brain is a crippling handicap.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 03:28:52 AM »
Nor did it kill Dresden, evidenced by the two books after Changes.  A head shot would have been certain, since a Wizard without a brain is a crippling handicap.
And yet, Harry manages nonetheless  8)
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:43:45 AM »
Didn't the bullet hit the boat?  I thought Harry heard the crack of the round hitting the wood...  It could be lodged there. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
Good memory, Groinkick, had to be a through the body shot.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
Yes, it went through Dresden, through the boat, and right out of the boat again to fall in the lake. It was explained in Aftermath.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »

But it did.

Just because he came back doesn't mean he didn't die.

Particularly not in a universe with Magic, Souls, Ghosts, and multiple afterlives

Offline a3dfiend

• Participant
  • I cannot abide useless people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »
Murphy and the police couldnt find it, but that doesnt mean he couldnt get supernatural help to do so. Just like Mab found his Amulet. I was just saying that it could be possible, not likely. And I dont think it has to do with his blood being on it either. I think it is just a connection or significance with how influential the person it happened to kill was. And even Odin told Dresden that he had been dead and came back again. I think if Jim wanted to use it as a device the logic would hold up, however, if he did it might protect Dresden in the end just because it was his own killing bullet...
"Avaunt Villian!" - Toot Toot (TC)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »
If anyone found it, it probably was Mab.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »
If anyone found it, it probably was Mab.
Agreed.  She might even have an use for such an item.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 07:26:13 PM »
But it did.

Just because he came back doesn't mean he didn't die.

Particularly not in a universe with Magic, Souls, Ghosts, and multiple afterlives
Neither does that mean he did.  JB has played with the idea about the fluidity of the line between death and life throughout the series.  Even Harry isn't sure.  And I'm swiftly moving to the position of everyone in the book being an unreliable narrator.

A head shot would have removed all doubt.  Picture Harry, as Scare Crow singing, "If I only had a Brain". ;)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 09:10:30 PM »
Neither does that mean he did.  JB has played with the idea about the fluidity of the line between death and life throughout the series.  Even Harry isn't sure.  And I'm swiftly moving to the position of everyone in the book being an unreliable narrator.

A head shot would have removed all doubt.  Picture Harry, as Scare Crow singing, "If I only had a Brain". ;)

Harry fell into ice cold water, in Mab's arms yet...   The ice cold water is what contributed to his living, slowed down his body functions enough to keep him from bleeding out...  A head shot isn't a sure thing either, depends on the pathway and the caliber of the bullet..  Near freezing water could have saved him there too, unless of course his brains were completely blown out.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »

Considering that Bob, Vadderung, Lea, Mab, and Uriel say he did, I'd say he did. Remember Dead=/=Gone in the Dresdenverse. Of course you've already admitted that you're on the "Literally everything anyone says to Harry is a lie" train, so I guess there's no point in discussing this further.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 12:50:11 AM »
An argument in one quote.

And Mab again in Ghost Story

"Death is a spectrum, not a line.  And you my knight, had not yet vanished into the utter darkness."