Author Topic: The Horned God, the Triple Goddess and the Pentagram  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Horned God, the Triple Goddess and the Pentagram
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
You lost me there? LoST can't be king of things because here in reality the kings have no knights?
The OP is speculating about a male balance to the feminine Sidhe Court, using the Kings as equivalents to the Queens, the Knights as equivalents to the Ladies, and an unknown male individual/pair as equivalents to the Mothers. 

LoST being the Mothers' equal seems like a downgrade for him, but aside from that, it doesn't really meet the purpose of the speculation.

I'd just fear that Time is too vast a concept by far to be a single person/character. He/It would operate, by my estimate of humanity, ABOVE the levels of Uriel and his ilk. Uriel CAN destroy galaxies. Time WILL wreck them all. Time made them, too.

So, the best he can be is an utterly isolated abstraction, lest the universe implode under him sneezing.
Time is relative to your location in the cosmos.  Time moves at a pretty steady rate across Earth, but once you leave Earth and gravity changes, time does as well. 

I'd argue that there could be a being on Earth that represents local time rather than cosmic time or time on, say, Saturn, just like the Mothers represent a local Mother Earth and not alien life or elements of another world.

Wizard Sibelis

Re: The Horned God, the Triple Goddess and the Pentagram
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »
The OP is speculating about a male balance to the feminine Sidhe Court, using the Kings as equivalents to the Queens, the Knights as equivalents to the Ladies, and an unknown male individual/pair as equivalents to the Mothers.
Oh it's much deeper than that, properly, he'd be their combined equal. But as the hunter of shadows it can go a bit deeper. Can't peg down which creation mythos it was anymore but the idea of the eternal shadow being endlessly divided and then projecting those divisions into the light holds some merit when you consider time=oblivion=nonexistence. The factiod 'everything stops' when outsiders get in also, death only being a thing in a existence that surpasses wuji, one state into yin-yang. the one state accures when the hunter has recollected all the shadows specifically. So he's technically as powerful as everything in existence combined... op enough I think.

LoST being the Mothers' equal seems like a downgrade for him, but aside from that, it doesn't really meet the purpose of the speculation.
*boggles a moment at limiting any such speculation to a narrow purpose*
Anyway, the idea of a pair to balance them is where the error accures imo. Combine the 'matter anti-matter' woj with the fact Kali is a destroyer and the combined mask of The queens looks a lot like her.... That they are specifically straddling the balance and are separated in such opposition to keep said whole from manifesting in reality and it all starts to become much more palatable.
The balance is pretty easy, 5, it's 5 broken down throughout every pantheon or court we've seen, they just break down into smaller aspects of reality. So you have to take that into consideration on if it's a split of an existing archetype or another version holding aspects. The Kings tend to not deal with splitting imo, simply being opposite shadows of each other without having the same aspect.