Author Topic: It's a Weird world  (Read 136570 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Weird world
« Reply #645 on: November 02, 2018, 03:38:10 AM »
Actually yes, one of them is having a cold (worse than mine) and one of the man I usually do RPG with has told us he is not sure if he will be able to come and play on Sunday as he is feeling poorly. He didn't specify if it is a cold or another thing, but I wouldn't be surprise.
I am feeling better, btw. And yes, tea with lemon and honey is something very common for sore throats here. I am not such a fan but it seems that it worked, so I am happy I did it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 06, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
Good maen, y'all. Sorry for the absence. Been doing 60+ hours at work and dealing with my son's behavior on Addural. Or, as the internet calls it, MADdural.
Otlan, let me tell you a story.
When my Mom was a little girl; her and her siblings had pet rabbits. One week, her father spent his check on stuff other than food for his family. Mom came home from school and her mom told the kids the rabbits had escaped. That night they had "chicken." Mom didn't find out for almost 20 years what they really had. Family... that is where therapist make their money.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 06, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »
Maen WF.
Very pragmatic. I like your grandmother.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 07, 2018, 02:08:47 PM »
Understandable, and horrible. My mom had more or less the same story with some pygmy chickens she had as pets. She discovered their absence before eating, and didn't do it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 07, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »
Which is why anything edible is a bad idea for a pet.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 08, 2018, 08:28:50 PM »
Maen Kiddies.
Appears out of the shadows scaring people. I hope life is treating you all well?
 My life goes on much as usual. Deep sigh.
 Ummm, never had to worry about food animals as pets thing. Though I know someone who
said her family during the lean times raised rabbits and chickens and the children were taught not to make pets of them.
Hey Ren - many thanks for the help. You rock.
Wishing all of you the very, very best.
 Me, I've just been plugging along trying to scrape rent together and/or find a roomie. Either my candidates flake out at the last minute or they are flakes. Deep sigh. (Gotta get rid of that sign over my head that says - NUT JOBS APPLY HERE - it does not help.)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2018, 12:22:39 AM »
(((((((Snowy)))))))))))

I hope someone appears soon to share your rent!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
Hello everyone!

Spot sends her regards, she is doing fine but she has a new job and she is quite busy.

Also, it's raining a lot here. That ruined a very anticipated match. The Libertadores Cup is the South American equivalent to the UEFA, a major tournament for football (soccer) teams (not the country team but local squads). And this year my team is disputing the final with its sworn rival. It's the match of the century! Well, two matches as they have to play once in each team stadium. And we were very anxious about the first match...but it was ruined by the rain.  :'(
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #653 on: November 11, 2018, 01:47:51 AM »
((((snoweh))))
Happy to help in what way i could.
If I could afford to move out to cali, and get a job I'd be happy to be your roomie...but that's a long and expensive trip
and cali ain't exactly a cheap place to live...8P
((((tiredhugsforall))))
Also sorry I haven't been around, the job hunt is still ongoing, wiht only 3 calls out of 50+ applications sent out.
My money reserves are running out and the resulting depression is...well, bad...
So I've not been in much shape for conversation or even getting out of the house for any reason except for job fairs and
occasional grocery shopping.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 11, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »
Hi, sorry I haven't been around. I've been busy lately. Glad to see the forum up and running.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »
((((Renmonster)))) I hope you find a job soon!

Tami! Good to see you around!

Well, the match was rescheduled for today and it was a tie, so the big finale is on Nov. 24, with no advantage for any team.
Missing you, Md 

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »
Hi, Weird. Haven't been around in a couple of months... Looking for a job is quite time consuming atm...

Hope the Weird denizens are doing ok...

Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 14, 2018, 12:06:45 AM »
Good maen all!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 14, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »
Hello all.
(((((LC))))) Hang in there, you will find the elusive job.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 14, 2018, 08:00:35 PM »
Doris F. Hill

Born November 11, 1964

Died November 2, 2018

Loveing Wife
Careing Mother
Moruned and Missed by all
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!