Author Topic: It's a Weird world  (Read 138716 times)

Offline krill

• Posty McPostington
  • live. love. be. believe.
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Weird world
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
I'm looking for work as well there are not many job openings in a small rural town.
I'm taking back my love, taking back my pride
Taking back my dreams and my life
This is the ground I will defend
A rage of angels bears the end
cruxshadows---Quicksilver

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:23 PM »
I'm looking for work as well there are not many job openings in a small rural town.

You can say that again Krill -_- . It's even worse if it's a college town -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline krill

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 10, 2018, 09:11:12 PM »
You can say that again Krill -_- . It's even worse if it's a college town -_- .
yeah you don't have to tell me we have a few colleges and trade schools here in the town or one town over, they're not much to do here and there's very little work to find but the scenery is beautiful and it's calm and very quiet. so its all pro's and con's you know.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2018, 09:14:47 PM »
I really hope you two find a job soon.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline krill

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 10, 2018, 09:32:03 PM »
I really hope you two find a job soon.
well, thank you Dina.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2018, 09:42:15 PM »
yeah you don't have to tell me we have a few colleges and trade schools here in the town or one town over, they're not much to do here and there's very little work to find but the scenery is beautiful and it's calm and very quiet. so its all pro's and con's you know.

Ya I know, I live in a similer town XD . The only things to do around here are eat, drink or go see a movie. And if you don't have money and a ride/car, you can do anything.

@Dina: Thanks Di-Di n_n . I put in an App Online for McDonalds and if nothing comes of that, then I'm just going to give up on looking for a job for now and focuse all my efforts on getting my Licences and going back to school.

I tell ya, I hate doing aplications online -_- . It's so impersonal. I think that's theword I want.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 10, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »
It is, and you are right. On the other hand, it's cheaper and easier than go from a place to another searching for a job.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 10, 2018, 10:16:56 PM »
It is, and you are right. On the other hand, it's cheaper and easier than go from a place to another searching for a job.

Easier for the company maby, not for the people actually trying to find a job. I espe ially hate that "Don't call us, we'll call you" Confermation E-mail you get at the end to -_-# . Itgoes against everything were taught about the application process, and then you never hear back from the Mother F -_-# ...

*Takes a deep breath* Sorry, sorry, little PO'd atm, I'm good though n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2018, 11:06:26 PM »
No, it's easier for people searching. It's difficult to move around the town, you spend money, you lose time going from one place to another, and sometimes in clothes you won't normally use. Besides, you lose time waiting for appointments and such. No, online job searching has a lot of advantages, even when it is not perfect. I still wish online applications were easier to fill in, specially for young people without experience.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #534 on: September 11, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
Maen y'all, sorry I haven't been around much but medical concerns have
been super-distracting of late.
On top of the still-healing leg and ongoing eye issues I manage to break a tooth vertically.
So had to go to the Dentist yesterday and have it extracted. It had to come out in a bunch of pieces which as it turns out was WAY less painful than having a whole tooth pulled out!).
Swelling is mostly gone and the bleeding has stopped so that should be a quick recovery.
Speaking of eye issue, saw my eye doctor and got the latest round of crap cleaned out
and discussed the next stage of treatment; squirting my own blood into my eye...
Sounds gross but what it entails is me getting six vials of blood drawn, taking it to a special pharmacy here in town where the spin it down and extra the serum/plasma. That is put into droppers (presumably with other material) and I have to use that 5 times a day for pretty much
the rest of my life barring coming up with some way to cure it permanently.
The only really bad part is that its probably a fairly expensive treatment...8P
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline krill

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 11, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »
Maen y'all, sorry I haven't been around much but medical concerns have
been super-distracting of late.
On top of the still-healing leg and ongoing eye issues I manage to break a tooth vertically.
So had to go to the Dentist yesterday and have it extracted. It had to come out in a bunch of pieces which as it turns out was WAY less painful than having a whole tooth pulled out!).
Swelling is mostly gone and the bleeding has stopped so that should be a quick recovery.
Speaking of eye issue, saw my eye doctor and got the latest round of crap cleaned out
and discussed the next stage of treatment; squirting my own blood into my eye...
Sounds gross but what it entails is me getting six vials of blood drawn, taking it to a special pharmacy here in town where the spin it down and extra the serum/plasma. That is put into droppers (presumably with other material) and I have to use that 5 times a day for pretty much
the rest of my life barring coming up with some way to cure it permanently.
The only really bad part is that its probably a fairly expensive treatment...8P

I'm sorry that you're not well as of late but I hope you get better.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #536 on: September 11, 2018, 09:45:43 PM »
I'm hoping that if I can survive to 2019 that I'll be done with my body
self-destructing on me...8P
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 11, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Ren, I am sorry to hear about your eye, but I hope the new treatment really helps. I know it sounds annoying but anything to keep you pain-free. I hope the economic cost is not so bad.
And yay for the tooth!
I've visited 2 doctors today and got asked to do several studies, so they are planning to keep me busy. For instance, tomorrow I need 8 hours of total food and liquid abstinence. Annoying.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 11, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »
I've visited 2 doctors today and got asked to do several studies, so they are planning to keep me busy. For instance, tomorrow I need 8 hours of total food and liquid abstinence. Annoying.
You also need to rise above your body's desires, sit indian style while contemplating the universe, your inner self, and your place in the world.
Trust me, its needed for the tests. :P
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2018, 11:13:05 PM »
Good maen all. Have I got a story to tell about my 6-year old son. I repeat, my 6 year old son. He was in his Kindergarden class. He decides to run out of class. He decides to run out of the school. He runs to the playground. A teacher finds him. As she is walking him back to school; he tries to bite her. This is followed by him calling her an "F***ing B****." Where he learned that one, or how to correctly but properly use it, I have no clue other than Youtube. Needless to say, his mother and myself got to have a nice, long meeting with several members of the faculty. Oh, and Charlie has been banned from electronic devices for the near future. Cheers!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?