Author Topic: It's a Weird world  (Read 138595 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Weird world
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2018, 06:52:12 PM »
Yummmmmm! My mother used to bake those for us when I was young. Delicious! Only we called them "Feteer lahma" which means meat pie. Sometimes hot, with melted cheese. Sometimes with honey and butter. The commercial variant is a popular take out food called "hawawshi" only meat and onions though.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2018, 06:57:49 PM »
Ugh, Argentinians see any sweet empanadas as abhorrations  :P. But melted cheese or that hawashi sound great. We do empanadas baked or fried. Hubby loves the fried version, while I am partial to baked one. My dad used to bake them with a sugar touch
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
Sweet and salty. I like it :P
Fried though? Ouch. Not a fan. The only thing I eat fried is chicken. Okay maybe falafel too xD

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »
I also prefer baked falafel over the fried one. But I have to admit fried empanadas are quite tasty.
We (Argentinians) are also big fan of the fried "milanesas" (coated meat), like this:

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
Yes yes. I'm not a big fan of those. Baked falafel? Blasphemy...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2018, 07:29:10 PM »
Yeah, I know. I am weird about falafel. But about koeppe, at least, I am in good company. Many of us prefer it baked over fried.
Milanesas are an Argentinian passion. You can bake them too, they are healthier that way. But the fried version is an Argentinian classic.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »
I laugh in the face of healthy food. :D My disapproval of fried foods is usually because I don't like greasy stuff. Well, sheep fat is an exception. yum..

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »
I pass
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2018, 08:07:30 PM »
Sorry to Drive-by-Post earlier, but the first 2 days of the new job were fine, Orientation and some e-learning.
Then I found out the 3rd day that due to mis-reading the Training Calendar I was 3 modules behind and struggling to catch up.
...didn't help that half the links we were supposed to use in the material were broken.
Then the issue with my eye that i thought was resolved came back, on top of stressing about my ability to do my job so I can't see
my screen half the time, falling asleep in class due to exhaustion from my brian trying to process the two different visual focuses
of my eyes and the last two days were super-stressful to the point I really wanted to crawl into bed and have a solid breakdown...
sadly I have no bed of my own, still sleeping on a couch in the living room so ZERO privacy. Not to mention the ongoing stress of
living in a filth-pit because none of my roomies can be bothered to clean...
..sadly my mood has only marginally improved over the weekend. I can only hope tomorrow is a better day and my eye behaves so I can
focus on learning and not be controlled by anxiety...8P

But the high point was I got to run my 13Age game last night and it went well despite the players veering into areas I has NO written material for...8D
I got to learn how much abuse/damage they could take, at least one of them (3 goblins mounted on Spiders vs 2 PC's because they split the party!)
Got them on the way to the next portion that IS written out and I can't wait to run that section. Had fun writing up the little blurb for the section of the Kingdom they are going to. And the best part is the whole thing kind of grew organically from "Swarm of Piranhas" to "Swarm of FLYING Piranhas" then went onto explain why there were so many bizarre hybrid monsters in the area...looking forward to the random encounters then the dungeon itself.
Down side is I am certainly likely to have to change the game night as my new work schedule will kill Saturdays for me...8P
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
I pass
You don't know what you're missing. This stuff is great :P

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
Sorry about your eye problems, Ren. I hope it gets much better soon. But please, pay attention. Your job is too precious to risk it because of not double checking things. Please, be careful.

And great about the game! (((((((((Renmonster))))))))))))))

Now, I have to leave you all. RPG time!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
*I dump sevreal tone of glacier ice into the middle of the SHOV before jumping in and burrying myself in the middle of it.* Ahhhhhhhhhhh, soooooooooo much better ~ <3 ...

Those empanadas remind me of Dumplings.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2018, 12:03:23 AM »
Thanks for the thumbs up on the new icon everyone. There are very few foods I have tried that I refuse to ever try again. Especially the ones that are meat-based. Dina, you are killing me with your food pics but it is a suffering that I gratefully enjoy.
I think I am reaching the age where bifocals may be a necessity.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2018, 12:05:12 AM »

Empanadas. We often have them with pizza. They are "dough bags" with different fillings. Classically, cow meat. Also, ham & cheese, spinach & cream, onion & cheese, corn cream. Things like that. Yesterday I have one of mozzarella & onion and another of mozarella, tomato and basil. Delicious. Argentinians love empanadas.
I want these.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2018, 02:05:13 PM »
Sorry about that WF.
Those empanadas are insanely popular here.
Missing you, Md