Author Topic: Maggie Sr  (Read 11659 times)

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Sr
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 04:08:59 AM »
It occurs to me that when Bob told Harry to bury his the skull between killing Justin and being taken in for trial,

When was it said that this was Bob's idea?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
When was it said that this was Bob's idea?
There isnt any text or WOJ that says he was specifically buried much less whose idea it was; we dont actually know who hid him or how.  One of the standing theories is that Lea took care of it, since WOJ has her nearby throughout, she did as much with Harry's cache of stuff in Changes, and Bob seemed to really liker her despite his fear of Mab and Winter.  She's also one of the few people who should have been able to easily hide it from any investigating Wardens.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
There's a margin dialog between Bob and Harry in the RPG sourcebook:

<Harry> While it’s “fun” to consider possible death curses, it’s likely that the details of the actual casting will be mostly improv.

<Bob> But your mom's was so complex...

<Harry> BOB. Stop. Talking. Now. Or I bury you in a hole for several years.

<Bob> You already did that, Harry.

<Harry> AGAIN!
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »

<Harry> While it’s “fun” to consider possible death curses, it’s likely that the details of the actual casting will be mostly improv.

<Harry> AGAIN!
Ah, nice catch, I stand corrected.  Ill throw the caveat that the RPG has several changes and is supposed to be considered something of a parallel universe, but those are usually more changes to relative power levels and to who Knows What (since in the RPG Billy seems to know EVERYTHING)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »
All this talk of Bob, has me wondering about Evil Bob.  Where are you, Evil Bob?
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »
All this talk of Bob, has me wondering about Evil Bob.  Where are you, Evil Bob?
Living with Butters...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 04:35:07 PM »
He buried Bob, and only came back for him after his time with Eb had concluded.

I don't remember this being stated—is it a Word of Jim somewhere? Or is it kind of a generally accepted theory? Because a lot of my own thoughts about Bob have to do with the timeline of Harry acquiring him and why he did in the first place.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
I don't remember this being stated—is it a Word of Jim somewhere? Or is it kind of a generally accepted theory? Because a lot of my own thoughts about Bob have to do with the timeline of Harry acquiring him and why he did in the first place.
All the actual novels say is a poetic Pulled from the Ashes but makes no mention of the time after or the recovery. 

As Mr Death kindly pointed out to me, we have this from the RPG that seems to corroborate the general theory that he buried Bob and returned years later after his time with Ebenezer.

<Harry> AGAIN!
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
All the actual novels say is a poetic Pulled from the Ashes but makes no mention of the time after or the recovery. 

As Mr Death kindly pointed out to me, we have this from the RPG that seems to corroborate the general theory that he buried Bob and returned years later after his time with Ebenezer.

I have no idea how I missed that in this thread. That's what I get for opening up multiple tabs.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 11:45:13 PM »
Ah, nice catch, I stand corrected.  Ill throw the caveat that the RPG has several changes and is supposed to be considered something of a parallel universe, but those are usually more changes to relative power levels and to who Knows What (since in the RPG Billy seems to know EVERYTHING)

I don't have the RPG, so I wouldn't have been thinking of that. I'd swear I recall something specific about Bob telling Harry to hide him from the Wardens. I don't see it in Serack's WOJ index though. I'll have to have a go over CD again at some point; I have a feeling it might have been based off of something in there.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 04:10:33 AM »
The reason I asked for a JB cite was because we actually know very little about just what happened when it all hit the fan back then with Justin, Elaine, and Harry.  Harry revealed a little bit of it when he told that story to Lea back in Ghost Story, but we still don't know much.

We don't even know for sure if Harry actually broke the First Law or not in that fight.  Even Harry doesn't seem to recall all the details, even he might not be certain.  Or at least, nothing I've seen reveals anything much.

We also don't know much in detail about how Harry met Bob or just what Harry did after that fight was over.  I don't know that we even know how long it took for the Council to track Harry down after it all went down, or when they found out he existed, or what.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
The reason I asked for a JB cite was because we actually know very little about just what happened when it all hit the fan back then with Justin, Elaine, and Harry.  Harry revealed a little bit of it when he told that story to Lea back in Ghost Story, but we still don't know much.

We don't even know for sure if Harry actually broke the First Law or not in that fight. Even Harry doesn't seem to recall all the details, even he might not be certain.  Or at least, nothing I've seen reveals anything much.

We also don't know much in detail about how Harry met Bob or just what Harry did after that fight was over.  I don't know that we even know how long it took for the Council to track Harry down after it all went down, or when they found out he existed, or what.
We dont really know details but there have been enough independent supernatural entities that were able to detect the Lawbreaker on him that I think we can be pretty certain.  Granted some of it might be from simple exposure to HWWBh.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
I remember somewhere in the first two books Harry is talking to someone or something and they say that he has some dark taint on him.  He says that its not all his and the thing replies that some of it is.  It might have been Chanzagaroth, but I am not too sure. 

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »
I remember somewhere in the first two books Harry is talking to someone or something and they say that he has some dark taint on him.  He says that its not all his and the thing replies that some of it is.  It might have been Chanzagaroth, but I am not too sure.
The Loa in DM:
Quote from: DM Ch. 8
Ulsharavas peered at me and said, "First. I don't work for bokkor."

"I'm not a bokkor," I protested.

"You aren't a houngun. You aren't a mambo. That makes you a sorcerer."

"Wizard," I said. "I'm with the White Council."

The doll tilted her head. "You're stained," she said. "I can feel black magic on you."

"It's a long story," I said. "But mostly it isn't mine."

"Some of it is."

I frowned at the doll and then nodded. "Yeah. I've made a bad call or two."

"But honest," Ulsharavas noted. "Well enough.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »
Thanks Q.  I may have listened to that as I was setting up my playlists and gotten a bit confused.  I am sure that basically this alludes to Harry having perverted magic in some way, which we could assume was, using it to kill Justin.