Author Topic: Cold Case - Molly's Truth  (Read 12727 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Case - Molly's Truth
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »
I see this as Starborn Molly influencing the mantle from within, esp the first instance. The Mantle is overriding Molly, but there Molly is making a Stark Choice not to be what already is as far as the Queen and Lady are.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »
It could also work the other way around.

It's not so much a statement of her capabilities as it is a statement of her will. Her being unable to leave him there becomes fact because, as queen, she is declaring it so.

I see this as Starborn Molly influencing the mantle from within, esp the first instance. The Mantle is overriding Molly, but there Molly is making a Stark Choice not to be what already is as far as the Queen and Lady are.

These could still be considered bindings placed on who Molly becomes.  So, if there is a Molly that is Mab in some parallel world, or that is ourMab, then she is now bound by Molly's will and statement.  We do actually see each statement fulfilled by Mab.

1). Ramirez isn't alone as Mab stays with him.
2). Mab is still considering a better way and is open to it.  Likely, she hasn't even yet found it.

Consistent with my Amberverse/Dresdenverse theory, there is a Mab/Molly parallel world out there that is feeding back through the Mab mantle. And, regardless of who "our Mab" is, she is attuned to these alternate Mab's and affected by them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:15:44 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 07:56:02 PM »
These could still be considered bindings placed on who Molly becomes.  So, if there is a Molly that is Mab in some parallel world, or that is ourMab, then she is now bound by Molly's will and statement.  We do actually see each statement fulfilled by Mab.

1). Ramirez isn't alone as Mab stays with him.
2). Mab is still considering a better way and is open to it.  Likely, she hasn't even yet found it.

Consistent with my Amberverse/Dresdenverse theory, there is a Mab/Molly parallel world out there that is feeding back through the Mab mantle. And, regardless of who "our Mab" is, she is attuned to these alternate Mab's and affected by them.
I see no linear connection between my supposition and this.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 08:08:24 PM »
I see no reason to believe anyone that raidem thinks is Mab is, has ever been, or ever will be Mab, but that hasn't stopped him from inserting the theory into every discussion thread or making seven of them all revolving around that same theory.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
But Molly isn't Starborn
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:36:57 PM by peregrine »

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 08:52:40 PM »

It's raidem. Rather than a linear connection you should be looking for a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey one.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
And you guys are dismissing the fact that mab fulfills exactly what Molly said.  That is what is meant by the binding. Mab is fulfilling Molly's word's, her truths. Why is that?

Take a look at Mab's behavior. She fulfills the conditions that Molly set forth. She wasn't bound by them at first glance, except that is what she intended to do.

It's raidem. Rather than a linear connection you should be looking for a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey one.
Exactly.  As viewed on a higher plane, it is a linear connection. Without the higher plane, it is as you described. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:19:58 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
I see no reason to believe anyone that raidem thinks is Mab is, has ever been, or ever will be Mab, but that hasn't stopped him from inserting the theory into every discussion thread or making seven of them all revolving around that same theory.

So Mr. Death just implied via this comment that: our Mab isn't our mab (historical figure), nor Molly will be mab, nor Murphy will be mab. And, besides these 3 figures, I've not entertained any others to be Mab.

Of course, there is a prior Mab that died near Hastings. And there was a Mab that participated in the Original Rite that established the Queens base of power via Stone Table.  But my theories really don't go into them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:14:28 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
And you guys are dismissing the fact that mab fulfills exactly what Molly said.
No, but i'd like to understand how you say this is?
That is what is meant by the binding. Mab is fulfilling Molly's word's, her truths. Why is that?
...Say again? Molly as WL can make a decree that is binding to the Lady as Host/Lady.[quote
Take a look at Mab's behavior. She fulfills the conditions that Molly set forth. She wasn't bound by them at first glance, except that is what she intended to do.[/quote]Yea. That. Explain that.
Exactly.  As viewed on a higher plane, it is a linear connection. Without the higher plane, it is as you described. :)
If you insist..

actually I entirely agree with all those possibilities, just not his methods or conclusions getting there... Molly has Certainly been Mab, as has in her own way Murphy. But ours is not those things, nor likely will be.
[/quote]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »
But Molly isn't Starborn
Prove it lol?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 09:43:49 PM »
You're the one who claims she is, the burden of proof is on you.

So no, I don't have to prove it lol.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 09:50:24 PM »
GOOGLE AUDIENCE: “Silly Dresden Files question. I remember in Cold Days the shenanigans regarding the origin of Demonreach. And can we expect more time shenanigans in future books?”

JB: “More time shenanigans? SIR, one of the Laws of Magic states that you cannot mess with time like that! OF COURSE, there will be more time shenanigans! I only established the seven Laws of Magic so I could have Dresden methodically break them one by one!”

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ones are my forte.

Yea. That. Explain that.
Jonas have you read the short story? I recall someone saying they hadn't read the short story.  That may have been on Discord though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:54:05 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
Huh.  I hadn't seen that before.  I had half thought that Cold Days WAS the time travel book, based on the temporal crap the bad guys did in the assault on DR.  While that strongly implies it's still yet to come.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »
Ooh, crap now I need to find which place I found it.

http://galleywampus.com/google-interview/

Oh, and I think it is Ms. Duck that is the poster. Actually, I found out that Ms. Duck has allowed J Wilbanks to use her articles at the site.
J Wilbanks
Reviewer and Columnist at Galleywampus
She has a cat.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:41:29 PM by raidem »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
So Mr. Death just implied via this comment that: our Mab isn't our mab (historical figure), nor Molly will be mab, nor Murphy will be mab. And, besides these 3 figures, I've not entertained any others to be Mab.

Of course, there is a prior Mab that died near Hastings. And there was a Mab that participated in the Original Rite that established the Queens base of power via Stone Table.  But my theories really don't go into them.
There was a prior Winter Queen who died near Hastings. Not a prior Mab. Just like Molly isn't Maeve and Sarissa isn't Aurora.

And please do not put words in my mouth; I was clearly talking about Molly and Murphy.

Frankly the sheer glut of threads all about the same thing is part of the reason I haven't participated in this section of the forums in weeks. Part of me is starting to regret putting my two cents into this one, now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:34:56 PM by Mr. Death »
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast