Author Topic: Shagnasty and co. all nemfected?  (Read 12797 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Shagnasty and co. all nemfected?
« on: December 09, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
I was thinking that perhaps all of it's kind have been Nemfected.  The reason why Goodman Grey pays the rent is much like Leah, he was rescued from his infection, but had to go into debt for it. If this is the case it could mean that Shagnasty or another of it's kind could be saved (maybe even by force?)...  I think it would actually be pretty cool to see something so evil be saved and be on the side of good, and in Harry's debt.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Shagnasty and co. all nemfected?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:45:13 PM »
I was thinking that perhaps all of it's kind have been Nemfected.  The reason why Goodman Grey pays the rent is much like Leah, he was rescued from his infection, but had to go into debt for it. If this is the case it could mean that Shagnasty or another of it's kind could be saved (maybe even by force?)...  I think it would actually be pretty cool to see something so evil be saved and be on the side of good, and in Harry's debt.
Nemesis infection must be relatively rare otherwise that dagger wouldn't be such a big deal.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
Yeah, I think there isn't some blanket nemfection inherent in our realities entities. I think nemfection is a strategic creep factor instead.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »
Yeah, I think there isn't some blanket nemfection inherent in our realities entities. I think nemfection is a strategic creep factor instead.

Well what about this.  They were vulnerable to nemfection (unlike Angels) which resulted in something similar to an angel falling.  Once it had happened, they were turned evil even though nemfection was no longer present. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »
I could see immortal beings being tricked into accepting the influence of the nemesis. It allowed Maeve to go against her nature, and that might be valuable to such beings.
k moinuddin

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 02:20:07 AM »
I'd not say Nfected per say. They are simply from the negative spectrum of existence.
Demons, who in early books were on par with outsiders, the Unseelie, the Fallen, ect. all these things exist in the negative. Though the Fallen and angels in particular get divided most partially between 'soulfire' creation and 'hellfire' destruction. Some things like Grey pay rent for the staying here, some can't leave their own territory without incurring constant debt and beings like the Unseelie exist specifically in the balance between the two. They adhere to the Laws of reality, don't violate free will, observe lip service to the 3 powers of faith/hold your word Hope/do your Duty and Love/respect homestead laws, ect.
Those things who don't do these tend to end up on the dark side, and this is by and large probably why Odin is known for testing Hosts... and why they wanted Harry to violate Bianca's homestead.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03:30 AM »
What about everyone whose name stats with the letter A is n-fected?  I’ve always been suspicious of people name Anton. Also, Andi infected: confirmed. That explains why she can no longer use plates and can only write where goats have been.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 03:43:35 AM »
What if Nemesis is N-fected with Nemesis so that Nemesis can N-fect it's Nemeses?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »
Nemesis infection must be relatively rare otherwise that dagger wouldn't be such a big deal.

I agree with this, but also about it being used strategically,  hence all the effort to infect the guardians of the Gates, the Winter Court and the guardians of the guardians, the Summer Court..   Having said that it is quite plausible that Skin Walkers were infiltrated eons ago, since if I remember correctly in Native American folklore they weren't evil to begin with.  Infesting them does make sense since with their shape shifting abilities they can go undetected just about anywhere. 

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »
  I agree with this, but also about it being used strategically,  hence all the effort to infect the guardians of the Gates, the Winter Court and the guardians of the guardians, the Summer Court..   Having said that it is quite plausible that Skin Walkers were infiltrated eons ago, since if I remember correctly in Native American folklore they weren't evil to begin with.  Infesting them does make sense since with their shape shifting abilities they can go undetected just about anywhere.

Not to mention I believe they are supposed to be messengers?  Infiltrate the ones who connect mortals to much more powerful being's and you can do some good damage with minimal risk.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
The Dagger, a mortal made weapon of power on scale with Amoriacus, being in the hands of an immortal fae could be what's rare though.
One thing most all immortals we've encountered have either lacked or personified is soul, or any of it's derivatives(i.e. mortality, choice, creative magic, ect) The Dagger I think actually changed the... 'alloy' of Lea (based on the mantles being derivitives of angelic wholes) and gave her a bit of, if not soul 'lively' magic.
Directly when Harry is being saved he thinks he see's an angel in the smoke, with wings. He later discovers it was Lea who saved him though?
So why Did she Manifest wings? because using mortal magic through the knife changed the memories of love she acquired from Susan into part of herself. This is why she acts almost loving toward Harry in SK. Mortal influence gave immortal 'choice'/change.
And No, this isn't the only time this has happened, though one i'd like to point to directly is Lash. Harry basically imprinted a piece of his own make up onto her and she ended up killing herself, much as Harry later does as per Woj. Elaine nudged Aurora down her path over ten years of constant exposer, ect.
Mortal Madness Indeed.
This would mean all Humans are susceptible, but with freedom of will being a main part of them it can't really do more than whisper in their heads. Which if I might harken to my Lilith/Nemesis replaced Lucifer as the Adversary theory. Would literally give her the role(currently mind) we classically give to the father of lies as the whisperer. The shadow on everybodies shoulder, the dark mirror of ourselves...

*a description of Christ's action "removal of an evil force from your spiritual being present in all of humanity".
Al la Lucifer, Now Nemesis. Lucifer took all the negative's he worked with and made their own nitch in reality for(same way Mab did with the Ice Giant's).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:51:50 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »
As Bob tells it, they were messengers of the Native American gods, but some decided to stay behind, and through time went dark.  I don't know if maybe they were nemfected and able to deny the call to go, or if they had a measure of free-will and just decided.

Also, not all of the Amer-Ind gods were "good".  It could be there are "good" Nagloshii out there, but we don't hear about them because they don't make the "news".
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
As Bob tells it, they were messengers of the Native American gods, but some decided to stay behind, and through time went dark.  I don't know if maybe they were nemfected and able to deny the call to go, or if they had a measure of free-will and just decided.

I'd find it really kind of disappointing if they were, tbh.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 12:03:58 AM »
Angels were messengers of God and some of them fell. Sometimes messengers don't get the message. :)
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
You'd think if there is some blanket group out there that is known neglected then mab and other powers would be gladly taking them out.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html