Author Topic: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks  (Read 10660 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:49 PM »
Who are members of Grey Council?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:59:53 PM by wardenferry419 »
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »
Well, we know ...

Harry
Ebenezar
Vadderung

Everyone else is speculation.

I think maybe Arthur Langrty
Martha Liberty

Others I'd have to give some serious thought about.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
I think the Grey Council would go counter to what Arthur is pushing in the White Council, so I don't think he's in it. 
Martha, maybe
LTW, maybe
I think if the EK had an alter ego like Kringle does, he could be in it.
Eldest Gruff, maybe

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »
I believe that, based on their "on screen" interactions, Arthur would not put himself under Ebenezar's lead.  So I don't really believe that he's a member, but he could be.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline phi1601

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 07:45:36 PM »
Montjoy was one of the names that came up for the senior council position in SK. According to Martha Liberty he was busy in "a research trip in the Yucatan", which is where Chichen Itza is.
Fits pretty well IMO.

It's hard to come up with 6 members aside from Harry, Odin and Eb that could be in it, but that's what the WoJ tells us so here's my 6:
Rashid
Arthur Langtry
Montjoy
Eldest Gruff
Erlking
Ivy
LTW was sick during the raid on CI
Martha Liberty her magic leans more towards information gathering IIRC

Ivy is probably the hardest one to argue for since she's not supposed to get involved, and is trying to preserve herself, but if the stakes are high enough (outsider / extinction level threat) I think a case could be made for her to fight.

As for the merlin, I think the stance that "there is no black council" is just a public stance, to keep the members of the council from switching sides out of fear, but that he knows about the black council and is a member of the Grey Council. Hell, it might have even been his idea.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »
At the time of the Grey Council formation Eb said that he would vouch for LtW so I would guess he is on it. I think Rashid definitely knows about the Grey Council, but I do not think he is an active participant due to his duties at the Gate.  I would like to see Eldest Gruff on there, but I do not know if his duties/obligations to Summer would prevent him from acting.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 08:08:23 PM »
See, I REALLY want to know what happened to Montjoy.  I'd LOVE for him (?) to be a member.

Offline MathGeek

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 10:34:12 PM »
Who are members of Grey Council?

I am going to put up a WAG for a member of the Grey Council:  Mavra.

Ok, hear me out: 
1)  She was going against (maybe on purpose, maybe not) Cowl and the Black Council to get the Word of Kemler and got our favorite PI on the case
2)  During her escape in Blood Rites, Ebeneezer is conveniently off screen when she escapes.
3)  I think she would want the status quo to be held, and prey still available, as opposed to the Apocalypse. 
4)  She's disappeared since Dead Beat which makes me think she's working behind the scenes (AKA Grey Council)

Feel free to point and laugh at my stupidity.  ;D

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 11:14:40 PM »
We don't laugh at people here; we laugh with people.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 07:43:17 AM »
with Ivy i still feel the self protection drive is more important than helping stop some wizard war, as in she literally wont be able to help.

at most she could feed them info sometimes.

as for mavra, she killed a bunch of people for little reason. isn't killing how black vamps get stronger?  so id say no for her, maybe at most an informal understanding.
as far as grey council. LTW is in, gatekeepers in but probably too busy to help, id say Luccio is in and she would vouch for that British mage she trusts. shes also worked with the wardens for over a century and would know which to offer membership too.

id say no to any other senior council members. they don't have the level of trust needed

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
I can agree that few of the Senior Council are Grey Council. The SC is part of the problem and you don't make of the problem part of your solution. Not very effective for change.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
I can agree that few of the Senior Council are Grey Council. The SC is part of the problem and you don't make of the problem part of your solution. Not very effective for change.

Agreed...  Also if anyone thinks Mavra is part of the Grey Council needs to go back and read Grave Peril very carefully. 

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »
Klaus the Toymaker, who devastated the Reds at Chicken Pizza with a Slinky™, a Jack-in-the-Box, and a cork gun.

(I really, really, really like the concept of Klaus, and I just hope to God he makes it into Peace Talks and we get to see him devastate a squad of Fomor with a rubber chicken). I actually do think he might be on the Grey Council, for the record; he was the name above Ebenezer's, if memory serves, but bowed out in deference to him.

Chandler is a possibility, I think.

I think Listens-to-Wind is on it, but obviously wasn't at the fight.

And... what about Lea? Someone had to make arrangements for Odin's arrival...

Offline phi1601

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
I am going to put up a WAG for a member of the Grey Council:  Mavra.

Ok, hear me out: 
1)  She was going against (maybe on purpose, maybe not) Cowl and the Black Council to get the Word of Kemler and got our favorite PI on the case
2)  During her escape in Blood Rites, Ebeneezer is conveniently off screen when she escapes.
3)  I think she would want the status quo to be held, and prey still available, as opposed to the Apocalypse. 
4)  She's disappeared since Dead Beat which makes me think she's working behind the scenes (AKA Grey Council)

Feel free to point and laugh at my stupidity.  ;D

2) Yeah, it is suspicious. Not only did she get away, she was able to use a veil and an illusion when Eb's job there was to lock down her magic.

Offline phi1601

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »
Klaus the Toymaker, who devastated the Reds at Chicken Pizza with a Slinky™, a Jack-in-the-Box, and a cork gun.

(I really, really, really like the concept of Klaus, and I just hope to God he makes it into Peace Talks and we get to see him devastate a squad of Fomor with a rubber chicken). I actually do think he might be on the Grey Council, for the record; he was the name above Ebenezer's, if memory serves, but bowed out in deference to him.

Chandler is a possibility, I think.

I think Listens-to-Wind is on it, but obviously wasn't at the fight.

And... what about Lea? Someone had to make arrangements for Odin's arrival...

IMO Klaus the Toymaker is just another alias for Santa, but if not then he's definitely a top contender for one of those 6 spots.
As for Lea, there were 12 grey-cloaked members that show up together during CI, not counting anyone that was already there. A separate discussion could be had on whether or not shes in the CG, but she can't be one of the 12.