Author Topic: Mouse vs. Anduriel  (Read 7883 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse vs. Anduriel
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »
I don't think so.

Also, we really wouldn't want them destroyed.  Freeing one of the fallen would be bad bad bad.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
I don't think so.

Also, we really wouldn't want them destroyed.  Freeing one of the fallen would be bad bad bad.

I can't say for sure, but I don't know that they can exist without the Coins since they've been locked into them. Even if they could, freeing them would bind them in other ways, and they wouldn't be able to use mortals like they can with the Coins, too.

If the Bible in the Dresden Files is the same as it is here, there are already 33 million Fallen hanging out in Hell. What's another thirty?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »
I can't say for sure, but I don't know that they can exist without the Coins since they've been locked into them. Even if they could, freeing them would bind them in other ways, and they wouldn't be able to use mortals like they can with the Coins, too.

If the Bible in the Dresden Files is the same as it is here, there are already 33 million Fallen hanging out in Hell. What's another thirty?
They serve a purpose here in what they do, mainly disperse/steal apocalyptic power and balance out the KotC... imagine if the knight's didn't have 30 dispersed mirrors to balance them, but 4 primary and very powerful Nemesis's...?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »
I don't think so.  I think that the Angels are eternal.  Since they can be passed from one body to the next (kind of like a mantle).

From Uriel's actions in SG, it seems their grace functions similarly to a mantle. If you can separate the grace from the underlying being, it's plenty destructible, and the grace would be carried on by whoever was holding it when the angel was killed.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »
The other 33 million are in Hell.

The 30 aren't.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »
The other 33 million are in Hell.

The 30 aren't.

My question is more about whether or not the Coins are what let them break the rules that bind the other Fallen—interacting with mortals directly, possessing them at times (like Ursiel)—and what would happen to them if that container was destroyed. Would they snap back to Hell? Is their presence on Earth only facilitated by the Coins, or is it necessary for them to stay here?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
Jim has said that we don't want to destroy the coins because that would loose them on the earth, and that would seriously upset several balances.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »
Jim has said that we don't want to destroy the coins because that would loose them on the earth, and that would seriously upset several balances.

Ah, okay. There goes that thought process. Though I won't deny it'd make for a fun story.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »
Ah, okay. There goes that thought process. Though I won't deny it'd make for a fun story.
Personally I suspect they would be swept away with the burning rage of a thousand suns, if they ever got out. St. Michael and his Seraphim are there for a reason.

The only downside is that the resulting upset of balances also happens right on earth, so all kinds of other things would be scoured away. Including, one fears, plenty of innocents.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 11:51:19 PM »
Personally I suspect they would be swept away with the burning rage of a thousand suns, if they ever got out. St. Michael and his Seraphim are there for a reason.

The only downside is that the resulting upset of balances also happens right on earth, so all kinds of other things would be scoured away. Including, one fears, plenty of innocents.

The Rapture?