Author Topic: Mab/Murphy Ironies  (Read 36782 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Mab/Murphy Ironies
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 01:56:32 AM »
I've got to keep my pride and joy from 2011.
It led me to believe in an expansive time travel theory, in futuristic IdHarry, in "There You Are" hinting at Harry's return to the past either via IdHarry when unconscious or an actual character like a rerun of GP during the beginning of Masquerade.  It made me believe there was already a future, that there was a cycle near completion and near the BAT last ditch time shenanigans are set in motion to push things in one direction or another.  We are already feeling some of it, just not in the driver's seat...YET.

GS Book Club / Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »
I just was reading Fool Moon Ch. 20 and ran across the following regarding Harry meeting his subconscious and trying to get away from him.
My double slipped around me and got in my way before I could leave teh circle of light.  "Hold it.  You really don't want to do this."  I'm tired.  I feel like shit.  I'm hurt.  And what I really dont want is to waste any more time dreaming about you."  I narrowed my eyes at my double.  "Now get out of my way."  I turned to my right and started walking toward the nearest edge of the circle.  My double slipped in front of me again, apparently without needing to cross the intervening space.  It isn't that simple, Harry.  No matter where you go, there you are."  End.
Now the above phrase "No matter where you go, there you are" is the same statement that Uriel tells Harry in Ghost Story when Harry says the following.  "Just tell me something.   Something useful.  I'll be happy with whatever I get."  He (Uriel) pursed his lips and thought about it for a moment.  Then he said, "No matter where you go, there you are." 
Ok.  Now is Uriel wanting Harry to consult this "Subconscious Harry".  It in my opinion seems that way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:03:53 AM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »
Jonas Pointed out "she be little but fierce" phrase gaining popularity with Shakespeare's Midsummer's Night Dream.
Hermia definitely sounds like Murphy at least when it comes to height issues and desire for actual combat.  We have a WOJ that Shakespeare "really doesn't know what he is talking about" but, in my opinion, still touches upon some kernel of truth.

(click to show/hide)

So, I think Mab's identity will play a pivotal part in the Dresden Files story.  It is hinted at in a few WOJ's already.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:38:40 AM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 03:40:22 AM »
And that when Sanya mentions it, he also knows that Murphy is Mab and that it's a reference to Midsummer Night's Dream, but also that Shakespeare got it a little off?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 05:32:50 AM »
still touches upon some kernel of truth
Yea... she even has a love triangle with her sister like Murphy and whatshername... and Mab an Titania did that time...

You just kinda furthered mine own theory, which generally leads to a similar conclusion. the inverting of the gyre in Yeats poem is the basis of a kind of opposite mirroring of reality that happened last time(with Harry-Nico Marcone-TWC inversion) Which... should make Harry The dark spiritus mundus... though why I won't guess at here.
Nic when he first appears is basically dressed as Id Dresden with a tan trench, to invert the color scheme no doubt. Wears the hat. Is short because he forswore most of his power breaking promises upon it, argo loosing stature of importance. He made all the other choices in reverse but the similarities stayed.
Murphy is the same but with Nemesis whose mirrored with the Mab/Titania combo... also, Elaine.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
Nope peregrine, it just requires jim, a English major major with master's degree and several references to Shakespeare in woj, references to mab not being always so tall to conclude he knows where tiny but fierce comes from...Shakespeare.

And he liberally uses it to describe Murphy, which in my mind at the least further connects in a circumstantial way Murphy with stories about faeries.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »
Nope peregrine, it just requires jim, a English major major with master's degree and several references to Shakespeare in woj, references to mab not being always so tall to conclude he knows where tiny but fierce comes from...Shakespeare.

And he liberally uses it to describe Murphy, which in my mind at the least further connects in a circumstantial way Murphy with stories about faeries.
But when he uses "There you are" in which case it's all about everyone saying it knowing that Harry is a time traveling dimension hopper, and literally everyone but Harry knows that.  Then it's all in character stuff and nothing to do with Jim as an author?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »
There would be an overlay.  One reading without a time travel cycle, one with a cycle with that meaning yes.  These are future Harry's journals we are reading. Both have already happened.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 04:38:12 PM »
There would be an overlay.  One reading without a time travel cycle, one with a cycle with that meaning yes.
Yea.. his Doyalist and Watsonian often overlap in purposes.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
There is something to wrap your head around. We are reading books written in the future in first person, present-tense.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 10:21:09 PM »
Yeah, I think we need a thread delving into what all that entails. Particularly given he would have already written the time travel book. And, he may or may not have already written the BAT.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
There is something to wrap your head around. We are reading books written in the future in first person, present-tense.
Here's something to Really wrap your head around, we're reading it as Harry remembers it, but not as it happens in the final timeline after MM  or in it's originality O.o MM timeline is the original unaltered timeline, or Harry is a result of his own actions going back in time to change his own actions....

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2017, 11:06:35 PM »
I am going to go hug myself in the corner while rocking gently. Thank you.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 11:46:31 PM »
Well, you do know that Jim has it planned that in one of his books he ends up in an insane asylum.  I guess we stumbled upon why.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »
Sometimes I think I draw my thoughts from outer space; then, I read something here that makes me realize that I haven't even passed the the stratosphere. It's fun!
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 02:17:37 AM »
Sometimes I think I draw my thoughts from outer space; then, I read something here that makes me realize that I haven't even passed the the stratosphere. It's fun!
The line between Genius and Crazy is a fine line indeed :) fun though.