Author Topic: Starborn idea  (Read 12657 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Starborn idea
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »
I find it plausible he will already have done so in between books so that it will act more as a teaching device than a constant crutch. It was after all more than just raw knowledge, it was her instincts and what i'd define as 'understanding' of the ways.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 11:43:20 PM »
to the OP. to me the pentagram to me is more so a symbol of Harry's total belief in magic. he has a true "Faith" in magic. as how he generates his faith magic centered on his amulet. his Mother knew he was to become the "Starborn". she wanted to help him, thus giving him a focus/symbol to help guide him. thus as a side effect he gets a stubborn soul to help give resilience to mind/ soul magics. let him attain soul fire, since he only got a nudge. the rest was on him. so his "Faith" helps him be a strong Starborn maybe?
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
Margret knew Harry would be a starborn, and made that pentagram just for him. He has used it as a focus before, I wonder if she might have made it just for a starborn.
k moinuddin

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 06:52:37 AM »
Margret knew Harry would be a starborn, and made that pentagram just for him. He has used it as a focus before, I wonder if she might have made it just for a starborn.

If I remember correctly Harry's pentagram belonged to Margaret, or so he keeps saying..  It is one of the few physical things supposedly handed down to him from her.  But then again Thomas also wears a pentagram identical to the one Harry wears, well not quite, his now has a road map gem of the Ways in it.  So she must have had them made for her boys..  As far as we know, Thomas isn't starborn and Margaret wasn't starborn, yet they wear and wore a pentagram.

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 06:39:26 PM »
If I remember correctly Harry's pentagram belonged to Margaret, or so he keeps saying..  It is one of the few physical things supposedly handed down to him from her.  But then again Thomas also wears a pentagram identical to the one Harry wears, well not quite, his now has a road map gem of the Ways in it.  So she must have had them made for her boys..  As far as we know, Thomas isn't starborn and Margaret wasn't starborn, yet they wear and wore a pentagram.

The people who wear a pentacle in the series to date are Harry, Margaret, Thomas, and Elaine. Harry wears it both because it was his mother's, and because he believes in what it represents, thanks to his grandfather: Magic confined within a circle of human will. Given what we know about Margaret,  it seems likely that she wore it for reasons similar to Harry, because it was what she believed. Thomas pretty much wears it only because it is a gift from his mother. He even goes into how he doesn't see magic the way Harry does, in Back Up. And we have no insight into why Elaine wears it, but I think she was wearing it back at Justin's as well. We know so little about her past, or her current way of thinking, that it becomes hard to assign motives there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:40:52 PM by Froklsnt »

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »
I can see Harry making his daughter Maggie one now as well.
k moinuddin

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
And Mouse too. Mister would find it to demeaning.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
I wonder if there could be an advantage to giving Bonnie a sanctum with one placed in it.

Justine should get one for being a baby momma. Do we know if McCoy has one, Maggie had to have got the idea from somewhere?
k moinuddin