Author Topic: A warden's sword for Harry...  (Read 33255 times)

Offline xman146

• Participant
    • View Profile
A warden's sword for Harry...
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:24 AM »
Now that Harry is back and will again be dealing with the wider world (as opposed to be being dead or stuck on an island), what are the chances that he's going to get a warden's sword (assuming Luccio can once again create them)? And what does every think his standing will be with the wardens and the council in general, now that he's the winter knight?

Offline alllawyersarewizards

• Participant
  • Lex Ubique Est
    • View Profile
Re: A warden's sword for Harry...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:50:46 AM »
I liked him using the Chinese sword in Changes... kinda fits with his inner geek and fighting style.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:03:16 AM »
I have to wonder if there is a sword hidden away for the warden of the well. The position might predate the swords, but it would be a powerful artifact to supplement him.
Just like how Harry can use McCoy staff, a warden could use warden tools. Also, he could borrow Mccoys warden sword, it is sure to be better than those off the shelf sword most warden have.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:11:30 AM by kazimmoinuddin »
k moinuddin

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 04:06:59 AM »
The only appeal of a warden's sword is the ability to cut through enchantments.  That, and the durability of a metal focus that doesn't snap in half when you use it to play Whack-A-Ghoul.

Personally, I like the idea of the Winter mantle being used to supplement his staff.  He could use ice to form edges along four feet of its length, leaving him a two foot handle for his ice sword-staff.  Not to mention he could use ice to make it a spear, or even a sickle.

Downside would be its weakness to iron.  It'd do great against creatures, but against a regular sword, he'd be in trouble.  But in a supernatural pinch, it'd do.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
If you follow the thematic connections between Harry Vs Odin/Merlin, you'd find a few things planted firmly in Harry's future. An offshoot of WK mantle, a broadsword, a hat.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:20:20 AM »
Why a broadsword and not a spear?

Specifically... Harry's just gotten a very, very powerful leaf-shaped blade that would look great attached to the end of his Wizard's staff...

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Why a broadsword and not a spear?

Specifically... Harry's just gotten a very, very powerful leaf-shaped blade that would look great attached to the end of his Wizard's staff...
Cause santa had the broadsword and Harry's mental view actually is starting to match Morgan's? Forgot offhand about the spear, lump that in their too for sure.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
Harry will never get a Warden Sword, half the reason that Jim had Luccio body-swapped was to prevent Harry getting something that useful. Besides, the man has enough crap to carry around as it is, any more equipment and he'd need to invent a bag of holding

Though if he did get a Warden Sword, the obvious choice would be a Sabre, since we know that Harry's preferred style of swordplay is fencing.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »
Personally, I like the idea of the Winter mantle being used to supplement his staff.  He could use ice to form edges along four feet of its length, leaving him a two foot handle for his ice sword-staff.  Not to mention he could use ice to make it a spear, or even a sickle.

And just think of all the Game of Thrones pop culture references about White Walker ice weapons ...

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »
And just think of all the Game of Thrones pop culture references about White Walker ice weapons ...
Especially if he starts using ice armor similar to the stuff he had in Cold Days.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
Harry will never get a Warden Sword, half the reason that Jim had Luccio body-swapped was to prevent Harry getting something that useful. Besides, the man has enough crap to carry around as it is, any more equipment and he'd need to invent a bag of holding

Though if he did get a Warden Sword, the obvious choice would be a Sabre, since we know that Harry's preferred style of swordplay is fencing.
Better to look for reasons behind the woj, any woj. It's like playing clue lol.

Offline uncanny

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
Didn't he form dagger-like ice formations in the battle with sharkface in Cold Days? 

A thought I had was if he had his staff tips shod with the same metal that the fey use for swords; but have them augmentible with ice or fire magic.  I'm sure Mab has a creature in her service that could provide something for Sir Harry...

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
I'm sure Mab has a creature in her service that could provide something for Sir Harry...

And have Harry go even deeper in her debt?

No seriously though, Harry hates working for Mab as it is, and he isn't PAID for his duties as the Knight.  If he wants help, HE'S the one who has to pay for it.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
And have Harry go even deeper in her debt?

If he wants a fae metal spear point for his staff, he'd probably end up owing a favour to the fae smith.

At this point, he's probably better off paying the svartalves in diamonds for any smithing he needs done.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »
Why get a fancy spear or sword when he has a perfectly serviceable club on hand that can fire ice bullets?  Swords are for the Jackson Pollocks of the magic world.  Harry is a gorilla with finger paints.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.